What do we think “The Plan” is?

Zachtomims47

Saleh is always extremely confident when talking about the plan they have in place. Normally I think it’s all fluff and they know nothing but the more he speaks on it and seeing this tweet from today:

He’s seems so overly confident in what’s going to happen that I can’t ignore it. “The EXACT direction” “CRYSTAL clear”.  
What do we think the plan is?

• Haha 1

it kind of depends on the qb now more than even when mcnown was in there.  the offense is going to live and die with wilson making plays.  at the very least they are narrowing down the must haves for the team to function properly.  the young players should have picked up something by now.  now they need to fill in those positions where the players just aren't cutting it.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it kind of depends on the qb now more than even when mcnown was in there.  the offense is going to live and die with wilson making plays.  at the very least they are narrowing down the must haves for the team to function properly.  the young players should have picked up something by now.  now they need to fill in those positions where the players just aren't cutting it.

Well to help Zack the biggest holes are at TE and additional help needed at Oline. We are good at RB and pretty good at WR, though an upgrade within the #1 or #2 WR is welcome. D seems all about the Edge rushing and we have to get it or we will continue to give up so many points the O will have to score an average of 30 points a game to have a chance to win each week. That leaves a no margin for error.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well to help Zack the biggest holes are at TE and additional help needed at Oline. We are good at RB and pretty good at WR, though an upgrade within the #1 or #2 WR is welcome. D seems all about the Edge rushing and we have to get it or we will continue to give up so many points the O will have to score an average of 30 points a game to have a chance to win each week. That leaves a no margin for error.

pretty much how i feel too.  with 4 picks in the top 50 they should be able to fill at least two of those positions in the draft.  i say two because not all picks work out.  the rest of the draft will be gravy and depth.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How do you not know what the plan is?  Are you people blind?

The plan is to build through the draft.  Joe and Robert told you this 1,000 times.  We have a ton of draft picks in this upcoming draft and next year will be another evaluation year.  We will have the youngest roster in the league again.  Maybe 6-8 wins.

2023 we will have put together a strong roster of young players built to win for the long haul.

I cant believe this still needs to be discussed.

At least someone is grateful for Joe Douglas. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Saleh is always extremely confident when talking about the plan they have in place. Normally I think it’s all fluff and they know nothing but the more he speaks on it and seeing this tweet from today:

He’s seems so overly confident in what’s going to happen that I can’t ignore it. “The EXACT direction” “CRYSTAL clear”.  
What do we think the plan is?

image.jpeg.7cefe86be418d3fd62e3d59b8e596ce8.jpeg

This season has sucked, and definitely has me questioning Saleh, Wilson, Lafleur and Douglas. I can't deny that.

But some things need to be said:

• We were 2-14 last year
  • We are one of, if not the, youngest team in the league
  • Rookie quarterback, first year HC, first year OC
  • Lost LT early in the season to injury and lost high priced FA Edge Rusher in training camp to injury

Excuses are frustrating and results are what we're after.

With the picks and cap room we have this offseason, there's definitely the ability to get a lot better quickly. Let's see how it goes.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The plan is to build through the draft.  Joe and Robert told you this 1,000 times.  We have a ton of draft picks in this upcoming draft and next year will be another evaluation year.  We will have the youngest roster in the league again.  Maybe 6-8 wins.

2023 we will have put together a strong roster of young players built to win for the long haul.

#1AssKisser

• Haha 2

I do believe in the plan of building through the draft for sustainable success and have been patient as we all have but the season is 12 games old and the defense instead of showing improvement ( with the exception of the secondary which has been a pleasant surprise) has regressed to the point that it unwatchable so please Save me the rah rah bull hit. If they don’t get a better scheme on defense this team will continue to be a disaster as I don’t think the offense can be as explosive as the Dan Fouts / Air Coryell Chargers were. They had to out score every team they played that team defense was so terrible but this years Jet Defense makes that San Diego d look like the Steel Curtain 

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

I do believe in the plan of building through the draft for sustainable success and have been patient as we all have but the season is 12 games old and the defense instead of showing improvement ( with the exception of the secondary which has been a pleasant surprise) has regressed to the point that it unwatchable so please Save me the rah rah bull hit. If they don’t get a better scheme on defense this team will continue to be a disaster as I don’t think the offense can be as explosive as the Dan Fouts / Air Coryell Chargers were. They had to out score every team they played that team defense was so terrible but this years Jet Defense makes that San Diego d look like the Steel Curtain 

building through the draft is one of the worst overused statements-almost every gm says their plan is to build through the draft and it will take time and patience. The reality is most of the gms fail at doing this in particular Jet GMS. As I posted Mac and Izadick fed fans the same nonsense and they failed bigly.  Anybody can say they have plan actually executing it and having actual results is a different story.

Look how easy it is. If the Jets hired you tomorrow-here is your opening presser-   hey folks my plan is to first evaluate the talent on the roster then look at ways we can improve the team. Free agency will offer some options to fill in some holes but our plan is to build for the future and draft a good core of young players that can be our foundation for success for many years to come. Please understand that Rome was not built in a day and this will be a slow ongoing process but the goal is long term success.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You can choose to live in the past or realize that what McCagnan and Idzik did has 0 to do with what Joe Douglas is doing.

And you can choose to believe that Wilson appears very bad or you can realize he is a few games into his career and showed great improvement last week.

The negativity of Jet fans is like a disease.  Its pathetic.

Fortunately you're vaccinated from that disease

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You can choose to live in the past or realize that what McCagnan and Idzik did has 0 to do with what Joe Douglas is doing.

And you can choose to believe that Wilson appears very bad or you can realize he is a few games into his career and showed great improvement last week.

The negativity of Jet fans is like a disease.  Its pathetic.

when was the last time you paid for season tickets ? I always like to know if the folks preaching patience are actually spending their own money and in case you want to know about me I attended over 300 games in person.

What is pathetic actually is Jet fans that tolerate incompetence and think just because something is new the plan will work. I had hope and all of the patience in the world when Mr Hess hired Parcells. A man that actually had a history of actually executing a plan

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Someone else gets it.

Its plain as day.  We are heading in the right direction and we have the right people here.  Super exciting time to be a Jets fan.

2023 the winning begins.  Get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just to be clear, we are (in your view) a losing team in 2022, next year?

Wow, the negativity of some Jet fans is like a disease.  Its pathetic.  :-k

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So just to be clear, we are (in your view) a losing team in 2022, next year?

Wow, the negativity of some Jet fans is like a disease.  Its pathetic.  :-k

We will be much more competitive and win 6-8 games.  For a young team in year 2 of a ground up rebuild, that is a step in the right direction and a huge success.  That is positive my friend.

They have a core of young players they are now prepared to build around. Douglas was never going to spend big until he felt confident about having a core of young guys. They have a ton of draft picks this off season and tons of cap space. I would expect them to be extremely aggressive in free agency with the goal on making the playoffs next year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They have a core of young players now they are now prepared to build around. Douglas was never going to spend big until he felt confident about having a core of young guys. They have a ton of draft picks this off season and tons of cap space. I would expect them to be extremely aggressive in free agency with the goal on making the playoffs next year.

Yes, well said.

I don't see us carrying over a whole of cap space next off-season.  

I absolutely expect JD to open the checkbook..  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton, Mims, Wilson, AVT, Moore

the draft is hit and miss

the rams trade picks for proven players. They are doing a little better than Joe.  The guy they drafted, Goff, was a big miss

Saleh is trying to talk it into existence and believes in the power of positive thinking obviously.  The plan is no different than 25 other teams