Self declared mulligan...

Dunnie

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s been pretty clear since May that winning games wasn’t a goal this year. Seems a mistake to start out your regime that way. 

This is why I don't understand the people who say that JD and Saleh should be fire that this is a tank year

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s been pretty clear since May that winning games wasn’t a goal this year. Seems a mistake to start out your regime that way. 

JD's third year. Winning games doesn't seem to be a priority for him at all. Except for an unbelievably great job of coaching up guys on a late season run in '19, this guy hasn't managed to even sniff .500

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can’t fire them, but it puts insane pressure on them to get to .500 next year. They’ve engendered zero good will from anyone this year by not competing.

There is actually zero pressure on them next year.  They will be playing more rookies next year then they did this year w/ all the picks we have.  Jets will have the youngest roster in the league next year.

There will be expectations in 2023.  The plan is 2 full years of evaluating you g talent and getting them up to speed.

We are playing the long game here jet fans.  Sit tight and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are you serious? You have been President of the win 9 games a year club gets you nothing club.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is actually zero pressure on them next year.  They will be playing more rookies next year then they did this year w/ all the picks we have.  Jets will have the youngest roster in the league next year.

There will be expectations in 2023.  The plan is 2 full years of evaluating you g talent and getting them up to speed.

This is pretty rich coming from the same people who wanted to tar and feather Adam Gase after two seasons.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

yes, they were very clear that wins and losses don't matter this year.  They basically came out and said it..

I'm okay with it, but it will get ugly very fast next year if they don't' win out of the gate.  I don't think Saleh gets a year 3 with a 5 win team next year.

I greatly dislike it because Zach is now in a win-or-die situation out of the gate next season, and he’s spending the last five games this season trying not to die while throwing it to Vyncint Smith

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nope.  Just telling u what the plan is.  You can choose to accept it or keep fooling yourself and start worthless “fire everyone” threads all next season.

I mostly agree with you, but...

While there's clearly no playoff mandate or anything like that, but a 5 win season and it will get really ugly.

The people that stood by the plan for the past three years will start to grumble if they're not showing improvement.  

I agree, 2023 is the year - but this team does need to show improvement next year.

They can't come out next fall and tell us winning doesn't matter again.   I just think they'll just be too much push back.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I greatly dislike it because Zach is now in a win-or-die situation out of the gate next season, and he’s spending the last five games this season trying not to die while throwing it to Vyncint Smith

They put Zach is a very tough situation, no doubt about it.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is pretty rich coming from the same people who wanted to tar and feather Adam Gase after two seasons.

Adam Gase had no plan and was a total failure in Miami.  It was laughable we hired him in the 1st place.  

Robert Saleh is one of the smartest, best young coaches in football.  He deserves our time and patience to build this thing.

Comparing Adam Gase here and Robert Saleh here shows u just dont get it.  I cant help you.  Keep being a miserable jet fan.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While there's clearly no playoff mandate or anything like that, but a 5 win season and it will get really ugly.

The people that stood by the plan for the past three years will start to grumble if they're not showing improvement.  

I agree, 2023 is the year - but this team does need to show improvement next year.

They can't come out next fall and tell us winning doesn't matter again.   I just think they'll just be too much push back.

Pete Carroll will get the luxury of a 3-year rebuild.  He made the playoffs 8 times in the past 10 years and went to two SB's.  JD and Saleh get none of that.  Not all their fault, following McCags and Idzik.  It just is what it is...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

6-8 wins next year would be a huge step in the right direction.  Then year 3 the expectation is 10 wins and playoffs.

But you will see improvement next year. It will not be like this year.  This is going to be a fun ride.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

6-8 wins next year would be a huge step in the right direction.  Then year 3 the expectation is 10 wins and playoffs.

But you will see improvement next year. It will not be like this year.  This is going to be a fun ride.

I'm with you there.

I just think you need to see tangible improvement, a six win team that's learning how to win and losing close games - no issues.  It'll be loud from the usual suspects but most smart fans will get it. 

If they come out and look unprepared and sloppy as often as they do this year - Saleh won't get a 3rd year.

But give us a team that's in most games, competing - that would actually be major progress. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Keep preaching but, Some people are just in denial.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm with you there.

I just think you need to see tangible improvement, a six win team that's learning how to win and losing close games - no issues.  It'll be loud from the usual suspects but most smart fans will get it. 

If they come out and look unprepared and sloppy as often as they do this year - Saleh won't get a 3rd year.

But give us a team that's in most games, competing - that would actually be major progress. 

Im w/ u on everything except the sloppiness and Saleh possibly getting canned.  Remember, we are probably going to have 5 or 6 rookie starters playing.  I mean how many rookies are we drafting this year?  11?

There is going to be one more year of sloppiness and growing pains.

But yes i think you will see tangible growth and we will at minimum double our win total from last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The next 10 years are a write off. Any fan who wants to win a game in that period is delusional. This is year -11 ffs. Douglas is doing a masterful job slowly building a winning team without even bringing in any good players. The SOJ fans whining losing just don’t see the bigger picture. 

Believe in the rebuild. Believe in Douglas. Praise be.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Keep preaching but, Some people are just in denial.

Haha you clowns are already making excuses for why we win 3 games next year.   This fanbase is like the son of an alcoholic... beaten down and always making excuses.  I have never seen this level of delusion in a fanbase in my life.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Enjoy the ride? Enjoy what ride -- the one where we hit every bump and pothole with a 12 year old at the wheel going the wrong way? Should be really fun next year. I can hardly wait.

27 minutes ago, undertow said:

Haha you clowns are already making excuses for why we win 3 games next year.   This fanbase is like the son of an alcoholic... beaten down and always making excuses.  I have never seen this level of delusion in a fanbase in my life.

We are not winning 3 games next year.  We will win about 6-8 games next year.