Self declared mulligan...

Dunnie

43 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The next 10 years are a write off. Any fan who wants to win a game in that period is delusional. This is year -11 ffs. Douglas is doing a masterful job slowly building a winning team without even bringing in any good players. The SOJ fans whining losing just don’t see the bigger picture. 

Believe in the rebuild. Believe in Douglas. Praise be.

These people truly display all the traits of someone in a cult. The warning signs are there...

Before you know it, they will knock you out and place you in a giant wicker Lombardi trophy and light it on fire...

girl man GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

These people truly display all the traits of someone in a cult. The warning signs are there...
Before you know it, they will knock you out and place you in a giant wicker Lombardi trophy and light it on fire...
200.gif
Any Wickerman reference gets my support.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4efab740461d3cbf55d77191ba37a9fc.gif
  • Haha 1

For Saleh it's a relatively fair argument to make, for the very short term, as it's not going to last very long unless the team starts showing signs of improvement on the field, regardless of wins or losses, rather than continuing to be a complete mess of a situation.  After all, endlessly repeating the same exact mistakes kind of goes against the entire point.

JD, on the other hand, is just pretty much owning up to what was pretty clear to anyone paying attention, which is that he failed miserably to do his job for his first 2 years.  He is in fact at least partially responsible for the cluster**** that Saleh inherited, so this year is an indictment, not an excuse.  This upcoming draft could very deservedly be his last if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is pretty rich coming from the same people who wanted to tar and feather Adam Gase after two seasons.

Gase was proven loser, psychopath and egomaniac who never should have been hired in the first place.  I wanted him fired when his name was floated as a rumored candidate. 

Robert Saleh has had one disastrous season as a rookie HC who has to show serious improvement next season.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Does JD want to take a mulligan every year. If we give him this year than what about last year. 

Depends on whether you live in reality or in a constant state of psychosis.

When Joe D took over he probably needed to replace somewhere between 40-45 players.  Anyone who thought that would happen over the course of a year or two was kidding themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If they are a 3-5 win team again next year, I'm not sure what happens. They might still get another year, but with changes to the staff. They don't want to blow things up completely after a few years of installing the new systems and acquiring players for it. That would mean we are once again yet another few years away by again changing systems and having to aquire players for it which does take a few off seasons each time. 

If they are a 6-8 win team next year, it is progress and they definitely continue. The year after that 9+, and so on. 

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Depends on whether you live in reality or in a constant state of psychosis.

When Joe D took over he probably needed to replace somewhere between 40-45 players.  Anyone who thought that would happen over the course of a year or two was kidding themselves.

Many of us expected the team to be competitive last season and this year. That's why Gase was fired. Most teams have to regularly replace players whether it's for an upgrade, a good player signs with another team etc. I don't know about 40-45 and the players on the roster in 2020 I thought were better than the record same for this season. JD decided this season to go with an inexperienced secondary something that last season made a difference and stuck out. So while I didn't expect the 2020 and 2021 Jets teams to make the playoffs I did expect more even considering weaknesses in the roster. Plus he had cap space to fill the gaps. He signed Lawson a good signing but he’s out for the year.  I'm not for firing the guy I'd give him another year but you can't say he's done a good job so far.