****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be pretty funny when we find out that Ulbrich has a massive side deal with FanDuel wherein he lets a $4000 player go for 30 points every week as a way to rat**** a million other entries.

Don't think a coach, no matter how crazy or degenerate, could ever do that.

But when you consider Tim Donaghy; the NFL someday soon is going to employ a guy like that. It may have already happened. Betting has exploded. it's everywhere. The NFL stopped pretending otherwise and embraced it. That over bet is the kind of thing a ref could really screw around with. Call PI or RTP or some unsportmanlike thing every chance, and you can pump up the score pretty easily. It would be easy money, and almost impossible to prove, if the ref makes his plays through strawmen he can trust.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I keep reading #onhere that we have one of the brightest young coaches in the league, that the team is playing better, and that Zach Wilson is improving every day. The Saints are fielding a quarterback who can’t throw it on his best day, and is playing with a broken finger besides. The Saints have lost five in a row and a bunch of their better guys just went on the Covid list. No excuses for the Jets today. Go out there and win a fistfight. 

Absolutely.  Seriously, the Saints aren’t good.  If Alvin Kamara goes off today Saleh’s competency should really be called into question.  Saleh’s mantra today should be “anyone but Kamara”.   

There's no reason that Zach can’t play an efficient game and move the ball today, Jets can win this game and I think they will.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yeah!

Nothing says game day more than Rocky music after three cups of coffee and my morning Percocet!  

Every time I get ready to punch a commie bastard in the face I listen to this... 

Side note: Vince Dicola did the music to this Rocky IV training montage, also did half the awesome music in this classic... 

...Ahhh the 80s man. What a time!

1 hour ago, rtnelson said:

I sliced one of my index fingers open last night on the tip of my finger and it hurts to type.  You don't have to be an NFL player to play injured, going to be typing obesities during the game with the rest of ya'll.

You type? Like, on a keyboard? 

So weird. 

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Absolutely.  Seriously, the Saints aren’t good.  If Alvin Kamara goes off today Saleh’s competency should really be called into question.  Saleh’s mantra today should be “anyone but Kamara”.   

There's no reason that Zach can’t play an efficient game and move the ball today, Jets can win this game and I think they will.  

The Saints and Jags games will be very interesting.  These are teams we should be able to beat (or certainly compete very well against).

• Upvote 1

This is where you and I differ. 

I agree that they can win this game, but I am not sure I have ever gone into a game thinking they will.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I keep reading #onhere that we have one of the brightest young coaches in the league, that the team is playing better, and that Zach Wilson is improving every day. The Saints are fielding a quarterback who can’t throw it on his best day, and is playing with a broken finger besides. The Saints have lost five in a row and a bunch of their better guys just went on the Covid list. No excuses for the Jets today. Go out there and win a fistfight. 

The finger is not an issue.  They are going to run the ball anyway.  The Jets are missing 7 players on defense from opening day, and that's not including Lawson

The Jets can NEVER stop the other teams top weapons and also never seem to try back to the bowles era and gregg williams they always let the other tams start destroy us.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

This is where you and I differ. 

I agree that they can win this game, but I am not sure I have ever gone into a game thinking they will.

You pessimistic Bulldog….Lol.  

For some reason I do think the Jets win today.  I actually think Zach will play really well.  MLF will get creative today.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets can NEVER stop the other teams top weapons and also never seem to try back to the bowles era and gregg williams they always let the other tams start destroy us.

Agreed.  But Kamara is literally the only guy you can’t let beat you.  Make Hill carve you up in the air, it’s going to be such a horrific look for Saleh if Kamara goes off.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't think a coach, no matter how crazy or degenerate, could ever do that.

But when you consider Tim Donaghy; the NFL someday soon is going to employ a guy like that. It may have already happened. Betting has exploded. it's everywhere. The NFL stopped pretending otherwise and embraced it. That over bet is the kind of thing a ref could really screw around with. Call PI or RTP or some unsportmanlike thing every chance, and you can pump up the score pretty easily. It would be easy money, and almost impossible to prove, if the ref makes his plays through strawmen he can trust.

I (weirdly) remembered the “feud” between longtime NBA ref Jake O’Donnell and Clyde Drexler, and how O’Donnell would call these insane fouls on Drexler while letting him get hammered while going to the hoop—and this was happening in huge playoff games and sh*t. It culminated in O’Donnell throwing Drexler out of a game, soon after which O’Donnell was quietly put out to pasture because it was obviously a form of psychopathy. So I googled it to see if I remembered it right, and it was funny to see how the NBA papered over it like it was no big deal that a lead official was working Finals games featuring a player he held a personal and transparent bloodlust hatred for, which directly impacted the outcomes of games, if not seasons.