****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, xJayce said:

Nah, we can't overcome Mims being Mims on the drive... 

I'm not disagreeing with this take, but the TO should have been called before Mims ****ed up the next couple plays. 

We made a 30 yard gain with 3 TOS, and had to reset the chains with 1:15 left or so. 

You call a timeout there to collect yourself. 

We didnt. 

Then enter Mims. 

• Upvote 3

I mean quite a few here knew he sucked by year 2, if not sooner.  Not all QBs deserve 3-4 seasons to show if they’re the guy.  Josh Rosen got 13 games, and no one cried any tears for him, nor did he prove AZ wrong, when the Cardinals moved on quickly.
Wilson blows.  Straight up.  He’ll get next year for sure but it won’t mean he earned it, nor is there any reason to think he’ll prove anyone wrong for doubting him. 

We get it. You don’t like Wilson. He is the reason we aren’t 13-3.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Jetluv58 said:

Are we hinting at politics here? Haha. 

Just calling the bullsh!t as I see if after almost 60 years. When I was young, nobody made sure I didn't experience disappointment. They didn't change the rules so that I could always win. Becuase, really, if you're not good enough, you're just not good enough. No need to change rules when there are those that are.

In Football, Sunday they don't change rules, mostly. Except after you've earned it (Brady). I mean, when your pass chart as mostly red Xs, something's wrong with YOU as well as other things. 

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Consistency is the biggest thing that rookies tend to struggle with. If Zach can improve on hitting the short throws and improve his ball placement next year he has a good chance of being special. If not, he won’t. People expecting him to make a massive leap mid-year are being unreasonable. All that matters this year is getting plays under his belt and making minor improvements as the year goes on. The biggest thing is his decision making seems to be better so far.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

what is the reason a QB can't complete a 3-6 yard pass to a wide open, and I mean extremely wide open receiver. that's not something you talk about "if he can improve on" ... those are throws he should be able to make in his sleep. 

we aren't talking about throws to players with defenders near them. we are talking about throws you make from the time you are 9 years old in your back yard 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Kinda feels like they were just playing for FG position there, with that clock management.

Honestly, from what I saw from the offense / QB throughout the first half, I'm surprised they didn't just take a knee.  

I have no problem with not taking that one Timeout.

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

This 2 minute drive was the pinnacle of bad coaching and bad clock management 

This coach is getting into Herm clock management territory 

Just watching this team play says that this coaching staff is in over its head

Gase and Kotite comparisons are in line so far 

time for an experienced coaching staff

Mims should never see the field again

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Pinero making it from 40+, meaning he also already passes Ammendola in terms of Jets' kicker quality.

Seems to have no leg at all, but still better than no accuracy from everyone else they've had the past few years.

That seems to be the plan from JD and Saleh with the signing. Just make the XPs and the field goals inside 40 yards. Braden Mann will kick off and we will go for it on fourth down where we are outside your range.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Mims is the poster boy of why we as fans can’t paint a full picture of draft prospects.  Physically, he’s got all the gifts.  For the most part, I don’t think he’s a cancer type of personality, he’s just not a “football guy”.

I think lots of the league knew it too and that’s why he kept getting passed over in the draft and people kept scratching their heads.  I’m not sure Douglas didn’t know it either, but at that time it’s worth the risk I suppose.

JD probably wanted his coach son's in van jefferson after he got picked up he panicked and went for Mims. At the time I was a Mims guy, clearly isn't working out

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I'm not disagreeing with this take, but the TO should have been called before Mims ****ed up the next couple plays. 

We made a 30 yard gain with 3 TOS, and had to reset the chains with 1:15 left or so. 

You call a timeout there to collect yourself. 

We didnt. 

Then enter Mims. 

Good point. Maybe with extra time, Mims doesn't Mims and we don't have both flags... Then you're looking at shot at a TD at the end.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The last guy on Tomlin's sh-t list that the Jets got went so well.. we should definitely do it again. 

Haha, not saying that.  Just that (IIRC) we traded down from a pick where we could've taken Claypool and ended up taking Mims.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

people gotta stop with the zach blaming on here.....not every throw is gonna be 100% perfect but im sorry ty johnson has gotta make that catch.....too many people on the wilson is a bust train already

No one is looking for 100 %.  I don’t think that even 5 % of Wilson’s throws have been “perfect”.  Is this a problem or no?

• Upvote 1