****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

So going by that logic, peyton mannning, brett favre, troy aikman, steve young and all the other great qb's that struggled in year one they all should have been given up on

Peyton Manning threw Interceptions.  But also CLEARLY looked like a FQB. I remember, I was there.

Troy Aikman also looked the part, was extremely accurate,  and was also clearly a competent NFL QB despite playing on JJs Rebuilding Cowboys. 

Favre and Young both WERE given up on by the team that drafted them. 

Favre was developed and coached by Holmgren, Reid, Gruden, etc. It literally took a staff of HOFers to teach him to play QB. 

Young sat behind Montana for YEARS before getting a shot, also being coached by a room full of HOFers. 

No comparison. Kapono is dirting balls on 5 yard passes. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I’d support it.  At bare minimum Zach Wilson cannot be the unquestioned starter next year.  Add a veteran and a mid-round guy to the QB room.  And bring back White too on his RFA tag while they’re at it.  

really? REALLY?!

you guys always SAY you can stand a rebuild. And the first opportunity, you're jumping ship.

ok fine. let's also hire another coach. And, since these coaching hires mean our GM should be fired too. Let's just do the same thing we always do.

OR you can try to hold your water for more than minute.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

really? REALLY?!

you guys always SAY you can stand a rebuild. And the first opportunity, you're jumping ship.

ok fine. let's also hire another coach. And, since these coaching hires mean our GM should be fired too. Let's just do the same thing we always do.

OR you can try to hold your water for more than minute.

what ?

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This game is a stark reminder we have no offense weapons around Zach. 

Taysom Hill with actual NFL players is marching up and down the field.

If you can’t throw accurately to bad WRs when they are open, why are we to assume you can throw to good ones?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

There is nothing I hate more than players celebrating for a normal tackle when they are getting their ass kicked. 

The entire defense running to the end zone after a mundane turnover to celebrate is pretty bad. That bothers me more than the “taunting” stuff

• Upvote 1