****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphin fan beat reporter is a kid who took a job nobody else wanted, and should work on the grammar of his tweets if he wants to be taken seriously as a journalist. 

As for the “weppinz” argument, it wouldn’t matter if Zach had Calvin Johnson out there today. He should have never started this season.

How do you applie? 

• Haha 1

I’ve been a pretty big zach supporter but man, this kid just doesn’t seem to be getting any better.  I don’t remember Darnold or even geno not progressing at all during their rookie years.  I of course have to take into account the guys being out (mainly Moore) but it just looked terrible today.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

Has anyone said this?  Even once?

Yes. 

Like every hour. Every day. Every month. Since the beginning of the season. 

This thread alone has stated multiple times Flacco or White would have made all the difference. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Keep Wilson next year, fine. But the Jets have to come up with some serious contingency plans for if this continues otherwise next season is lost as well. Out of all the tomato cans the Jets have drafted the last 15 years Wilson is having the worst rookie year out of all of them and that is saying a ******* lot.

But Peyton manning Steve young

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I keep reading #onhere that we have one of the brightest young coaches in the league, that the team is playing better, and that Zach Wilson is improving every day. The Saints are fielding a quarterback who can’t throw it on his best day, and is playing with a broken finger besides. The Saints have lost five in a row and a bunch of their better guys just went on the Covid list. No excuses for the Jets today. Go out there and win a fistfight. 

Is it me or does this team SUCK.  Broken finger? I raise you a finger. Merry Christmas

grinch.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t disagree with that, you know that.  But we don’t have the power to change that.  He’s raw.  Raw guys aren’t going to come out unaffected by No-name Montgomery starting at WR.

He had Keelan Cole and Jamison Crowder out there today. Those are two professional pass catchers. He’s just scattershot and it’s a huge problem. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, munchmemory said:

Not a dig against you at all.   But why do you think he will be "great some day"?   This kid looks every bit the QB who played in a POS conference with no real experience against top flight defenses.   Every game, Zack looks confused and unable to make simple throws that guys like Mike White (another JAG) were able to complete and operate this offense.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s a rookie with a rookie HC and rookie OC.  Line is ok not great and the scheme doesn’t protect Zach.  With that being said, still doesn’t belong out there and no way deserved to be picked as high as he was.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So as of halftime, Wilson was only to blame for 1 play/throw in your mind.

Yikes.

Revisionist history. 

This comment was at the half. 

Since the half, he has had a couple more bad ones, but he is still the least of our issues today. 

Just now, phill1c said:

It's amazing. the complainers judge THE ROOKIE as if he's been playing four years in the NFL. and on a team that is established, which this team most definitely isn't.

He should be looking as bad as he is. Have you seen the run defense?

So the three games in a row that Wilson did not play in where over that span the NY ******* Jets led the entire NFL in offense are just throw out the window ? Right ? 

I get why people like Zach he's a really good kid he seems smart and he puts in the work but unfortunately he's regressing and stinking up the offense. He's the absolute worst QB in the NFL by far and there is no disputing that fact. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphin fan beat reporter is a kid who took a job nobody else wanted, and should work on the grammar of his tweets if he wants to be taken seriously as a journalist. 

As for the “weppinz” argument, it wouldn’t matter if Zach had Calvin Johnson out there today. He should have never started this season.

Don't you just love these veiled Gaze is great posts?!

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

It's amazing. the complainers judge THE ROOKIE as if he's been playing four years in the NFL. and on a team that is established, which this team most definitely isn't.

He should be looking as bad as he is. Have you seen the run defense?

Once again. Everyone is terrible. Wilson looks like he should be replaced. The entire defense should be replaced. This team needs upgrades at every single position on the team. Don’t understand the “is it Zach or is it the supporting cast” pissing match every week. 

That said. Wilson being terrible is clearly the most disappointing aspect of the team. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Yes. 

Like every hour. Every day. Every month. Since the beginning of the season. 

This thread alone has stated multiple times Flacco or White would have made all the difference. 

Nope.  No.  Sorry.

People say we’d be better with them, and in a one score game, that very well may be true.  But no one thinks this is a competitive team save Wilson.

Thats a straw man to defend the fact that the #2 overall pick at the most important position, as of today, has no business being on the field.

• Upvote 4