****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, phill1c said:

Which would seem to be among the easier things to learn, with time. 

We lost this game, which actually helps draft position. Other than that, it's just about your pain tolerance.

You don’t correct the things Zach is ****!ng up.

You correct the things he almost does well and those are his passes on time so they aren’t late/behind receivers. 

zach is going to be a problem barring a. Miracle 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Kick the field goal and then no onside kick, putrid 

Yup, just like when he let the clock go from 1:30 down to like 30 seconds before calling the first timeout near the end of the first half. He’s terrible at clock management. 

10 minutes ago, RSJ said:

There is no doubt Zach hasnt played well. But really its more of an indictment on the coaching staff for putting him in these positions he obviously isnt ready for. Its just not a smart way to develop a QB or win football games for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What can you expect with these idiotic newbie wanna be head coaches we keep hiring.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Allen had a higher QB rating, and much higher QBR, and much lower INT%, with a much better TD/INT ratio.  And those numbers don’t include todays absolute gem by Wilson.

Well the QBR is mostly almost all because of his running.

I thought the discussion was about the accuracy, my bad.

I am shocked that Wilson is having another down game. I thought he would be an instant success. This guy has potential. Some days he looks okay and his receivers let him down; other times he looks terrible. But, a rookie QB playing on a rookie team with a rookie HC and he is playing poorly - shocking.

What I don't get is that the Jets have played QBs like Tupa, Brooks Bollinger, Quincy Carter, Luck Faulk, and Bubby Brister and you think Wilson sucks. 

I get the frustration. But, did anyone really think Wilson and this season was going to go any other way? This team is short on starting talent, short on depth, playing a rookie QB with no quality veterans, and his best receiver is now on IR. Why watch?

• Sympathy 1

Tough game. The loss falls on Wilson and the offense. I’m not sure that there was anybody open for Wilson to miss past the few short throws.

Yes I know the Jets are decimated by injuries and yes the Saints are a very strong defense, but just a horrible game for the offense

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Weapons don’t matter.

Lmfao.

There's a lot of ridiculousness going on here - weapons, of course matter.

Jets receivers were blanketed today, there was little time for Zach too..

but there were plays to be had and he wasn't close to putting the ball where it should be.

I certainly haven't given up on the kid - but today was bad.  No way around that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I am shocked that Wilson is having another down game. I thought he would be an instant success. This guy has potential. Some days he looks okay and his receivers let him down; other times he looks terrible. But, a rookie QB playing on a rookie team with a rookie HC and he is playing poorly - shocking.

What I don't get is that the Jets have played QBs like Tupa, Brooks Bollinger, Quincy Carter, Luck Faulk, and Bubby Brister and you think Wilson sucks. 

I get the frustration. But, did anyone really think Wilson and this season was going to go any other way? This team is short on starting talent, short on depth, playing a rookie QB with no quality veterans, and his best receiver is now on IR. Why watch?

White, Flacco and Johnson all looked like NFL caliber QB's on the same team.

Quincy Carter and Brooks Bollinger also played better than Zach. 

Just now, Stark said:

You don’t correct the things Zach is ****!ng up.

You correct the things he almost does well and those are his passes on time so they aren’t late/behind receivers. 

zach is going to be a problem barring a. Miracle 

The most idiotic thing they did is give him the keys before enrolling him in driving school.  When his QB whisperer tragically died they should have immediately signed one of the vet QBs that are known as good teachers.  It’s a hubris the whole team is paying for now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well the QBR is mostly almost all because of his running.

I thought the discussion was about the accuracy, my bad.

Doesn’t explain why Wilson is a 25.

Also, all the other passing stats favor Allen.  Zach is really bad.  Unfortunately.  I don’t even understand how it can be this bad.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Depressing to know THIS is the fan base . Funny Zach gets more criticism than this Atrocious defense coached by a supposedly guru.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

The defense was fine today.  And the D playing poorly is no excuse for Wilson sucking every week.  There’s no rule that suggests an offense should throw in the towel when the D has a rough day.

• Haha 2