****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

37 minutes ago, phill1c said:

so, basically, opinions are supposed to change play-to-play...

talk about your somewhat mercurial fans..

You still haven’t changed your opinion on a day where he played some of the worst QB of any QB this season.

Id rather see someone willing to change their opinion than someone who doubles down on a terrible take.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

There's a lot of ridiculousness going on here - weapons, of course matter.

Jets receivers were blanketed today, there was little time for Zach too..

but there were plays to be had and he wasn't close to putting the ball where it should be.

I certainly haven't given up on the kid - but today was bad.  No way around that.

This is true but I have given up on Wilson. He has shown me absolutely nothing this year. Doesn't process the game quickly, locks on to 1 receiver, very inaccurate with easy, short passes, looks confused and tentative all the time. He will not be a successful NFL QB. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

There's a lot of ridiculousness going on here - weapons, of course matter.

Jets receivers were blanketed today, there was little time for Zach too..

but there were plays to be had and he wasn't close to putting the ball where it should be.

I certainly haven't given up on the kid - but today was bad.  No way around that.

As always appreciate the honesty. I've been saying to myself "be patient, give it time, first year everything in this squad".

And clearly today there was nobody open.

But Zach had a terrible game. And it's definitely at a point of potential bust.

Realistically, we're not moving on from Saleh and Wilson this offseason, but goddam this is brutal right now. I was genuinely excited about that hire and that pick. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Yes, I'm saying Wilson is better than Darnold.

I hope Wilson can grow with the team.

There is literally nothing you can point to and back up this claim.  I can give you stats from Darnolds rookie year that are light years ahead from any game Wilson has played.  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, phill1c said:

OK ok

I kinda agree. But it's not like others haven't been dumber (Rothlessberger) and won.

Ben is dumb in real life but he processed on the field just fine. 

Terry Bradshaw was the same way.

Wilson has a dumb, slow football brain and he’s inaccurate to boot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RSJ said:

I agree with you actually. Wilson is a better than Darnold as a prospect. There is however something inherently wrong with a coaching staff knowing there are things they dont do well and doing them anyway. And its on all sides of the ball

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

YOu start with a vision. And then you make adjustments. But in Year One, you're virtually having a season of training camp. It's not a quick process. But it starts somewhere and usually not a good somewhere.

I'm going to be patient, obviously not here consistently because this level of negativity gets old too quickly. But I'm going to continue to look for positives, as in "no turnovers" and go from there.

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Its a little more complicated than that I think. I think when he moves to his second read he has trouble resetting his feet and body. It could be corrected with time. But it should also be obvious in practice if they are practicing the right way. There is also a lot Mac Jones cant do yet. Coaches arent asking him to do it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It really isn’t. 

That was his first read on the play.  He stared Cole down for the whole route.  Had a pocket, set his feet and couldn’t throw an accurate pass. 

Watch it again and again.  It’s been the story of his entire season. 

C40F07EC-0A17-4C84-82BE-FA76C896890C.jpeg