****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

having seen 4 years of Sam Darnold.

Man you keep amazing me. 

wilson is bad. Wilson will be bad. Quality plays keep being left on top he field

josh Johnson, Mike White and Joe Flacco have all performed better. 

OPEN yOUR EYES

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Zach Wilson sucking right now doesn’t mean that every bad play is his fault or that he shouldn’t get the opportunity to improve. A lot of QB’s suck their rookie year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No QB has sucked his rookie year like Wilson has and ever gone on to have career success.  And I’ve done the research to back this up before. 

• Upvote 1

YOu start with a vision. And then you make adjustments. But in Year One, you're virtually having a season of training camp. It's not a quick process. But it starts somewhere and usually not a good somewhere.
I'm going to be patient, obviously not here consistently because this level of negativity gets old too quickly. But I'm going to continue to look for positives, as in "no turnovers" and go from there.

Idk who told you its like this but its not true. You can be competitive in a rebuild. I read the stats about rookies starting and it leading to more wins - but that stat is totally flawed. It includes teams like Cleveland that were bad for years, always starting a young team until they actually got people in there that could pick players and coach. You rebuild ans you start trying to win day one. Thats it. End of the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You still haven’t changed your opinion on a day where he played some of the worst QB of any QB this season.

Id rather see someone willing to change their opinion than someone who doubles down on a terrible take.

Again, if you're not going to give a rookie some bad games before you start clamoring for change, you'll never see the team win a SB, if they were to act on these flights of fancy.

If he's doing this next year, consistently, like Sam Darnold did, THEN I'll be ready to kick him out.

Kid had no turnovers today. that's something.

Why are you so ******* whiney? It's bad enough without the whining about rookies not playing like veterans. against a sb-quality defense and a team playing for its playoff life, without all his weapons. It's as if you're not aware of these issues and just want to bash him.

you don't deserve this, but you don't deserve a SB either. because this is how it starts. 

• Thumb Down 2

39 minutes ago, phill1c said:

So, if the offense were great with Flacco, you'd say "let's go with him" because winning games is the most important thing in Year One?

It's the most shortsighted opinion in football history.

The longer Wilson continues to suck like this, the more the rest of the team is going to turn on him and the coaches.

You have to put someone new in just to ensure the locker room doesn’t cave in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I gotta say, this game wasn't all that fun to watch. But watching with you guys, well, it made it much worse....

the Nattering Nabobs of Negativity...

Wow.

As if being Norman Vincent Peale would change the suck that is Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No QB has sucked his rookie year like Wilson has and ever gone on to have career success.  And I’ve done the research to back this up before. 

yea, but when in year 2 he's simply awful compared to megaf*cktolopoly levels of awful, we'll be able to say how much he's improving! 

• Haha 1