****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is hitting the check down 12 times exceptional? Yes he was exposed because he’s limited athletically. Wilson has better mobility and significantly better arm talent. 

he’s ****ed mentally but he has rate ability. 

there are 250 Mike whites out there. There are 50 Zach Wilson’s. 

Throwing for 400 yards on 80% completion in your first game is not only exceptional but unprecedented. His jersey went to the Hall Of Fame - By any measure it was exceptional and if doing it was as easy as you suggest then everyone would, Wilson included. 

The point is not that Mike White is the answer but that he's been leagues better than Zach - Something the players will be very aware of.  Saleh is sending them out there under the pretence that he's giving them the best opportunity to win which is so transparently bullsh*t. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Please stop trying to make mirage Mike happen. It’s over

Hilarious coming from the guy still trying to make Jamal Adams happen.  

Stop trying to pretend that White's play, even in one game, didn't mean anything.  It was important to the players.  That's for damn sure.  They treated White like a conquering hero after that W.  With Wilson guys are giving up on routes, throwing their hands up in frustration and are visibily pissed off.  It's infecting the whole team, even the defense.  

When the roster doesn't believe in the QB, it matters.  White's strong play, as well as the strong play of Flacco and Josh Johnson, exposed just how bad Wilson is and why it is decidedly NOT the fault of his supporting cast.

• Post of the Week 1

This Mike White stuff is and will always be silly

Wilson may very well end up being a bust, but how people still fawn over a dude whose upside is journeyman backup at best…only Jets fans.

I wouldn’t even tender the guy. Why the hell pay Mike White $3+ million based on one game in which he didn’t throw a single pass more than 15 yards when you could put that money towards someone like Garopollo or Minshew who could provide legit competition or even end up being a quality starter?

Just now, Untouchable said:

Wilson may very well end up being a bust, but how people still fawn over a dude whose upside is journeyman backup at best…only Jets fans.

I wouldn’t even tender the guy. Why the hell pay Mike White $3+ million based on a one game in which he didn’t throw a single pass more than 15 yards when you could put that money towards someone like Garopollo or Minshew who could provide legit competition or even end up being a quality starter?

It’s not “Mike White should be playing.” It’s “The Mike White boomlet was very bad for Zach Wilson.”

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s not “Mike White should be playing.” It’s “The Mike White boomlet was very bad for Zach Wilson.”

But there still are people saying that Mike White should be playing. That’s just goofy.

Wilson has struggled mightily, but you don’t sit the #2 overall pick in favor of a limited QB who was career practice squad fodder prior to 4 months ago. And if Douglas would’ve re-signed Flacco during the offseason, that’s exactly where White would still be.

Hell, I’d say the odds are better that White is completely out of the league within 3 years than him even becoming a quality longterm backup. Much less some sort of viable starter.

Even with all of Lawrence’s struggles as a rookie in Jacksonville, I doubt there’s a large contingent of Jaguars fans banging the table for C.J. Beathard.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

But there still are people saying that Mike White should be playing. That’s just goofy.

Wilson has struggled mightily, but you don’t sit the #2 overall pick in favor of a limited QB who was career practice squad fodder prior to 4 months ago. And if Douglas would’ve re-signed Flacco during the offseason, that’s exactly where White would still be.

Hell, I’d say the odds are better that White is completely out of the league within 3 years than him even becoming a quality longterm backup. Much less some sort of viable starter.

Even with all of Lawrence’s struggles as a rookie in Jacksonville, I doubt there’s a large contingent of Jaguars fans banging the table for C.J. Beathard.

Did CJ Beathard throw for 400 yards and 3 TD’s?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Did CJ Beathard throw for 400 yards and 3 TD’s?

He certainly has a better overall track record and a more sustained history of doing it.

Yes, White threw for 400 yards and 3 TD’s…and he also turned it over twice and got banged up.

He then followed it up with a game where he couldn’t make it more than two drives before he got slapped on the forearm and had to exit for the day.

He then followed that up with one of the worst QB performances I’ve ever seen in which he could’ve easily turned the ball over 6 or 7 times…and he also got hurt again.

White essentially played the equivalent of 2 full games and turned the ball over 8 times. Easily could’ve been 10+.

You don’t sit your prized young QB in favor of that.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He certainly has a better overall track record and a more sustained history of doing it.

Yes, White threw for 400 yards and 3 TD’s…and he also turned it over twice and got banged up.

He then followed it up with a game where he couldn’t make it more than two drives before he got slapped on the forearm and had to exit for the day.

He then followed that up with one of the worst QB performances I’ve ever seen in which he could’ve easily turned the ball over 6 or 7 times…and he also got hurt again.

White essentially played 2 games and turned the ball over 8 times. Easily could’ve been 10+.

You don’t sit your prized young QB in favor of that.

Worst QB performance you’ve ever seen against the best defense in the league?  You must be getting tired of Zach Wilson because according to QB rating, Zach has only played 3 games better than that terrible performance by Mike White.  Against the best defense in the league.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Worst QB performance you’ve ever seen against the best defense in the league?  You must be getting tired of Zach Wilson because according to QB rating, Zach has only played 3 games better than that terrible performance by Mike White.  Against the best defense in the league.  

I don’t care if Buffalo had the best defense in the league at the time.

If White is the player that some of you seem to think he is then he should at least be able to face said defense without utterly imploding.

The guy seems flat out incapable of pushing the ball downfield. Buffalo wasn’t going to allow him to dink and dunk them to death ala Cincinnati. So they took away the short stuff…and Mike White melted.

I’m not even some Zach Wilson fanboy. I didn’t give two wet sh*ts about drafting any of these rookie QB’s once the Trevor Lawrence dream was dead.

But Wilson is here now and the Jets are committed. And I sure as hell don’t want him riding the bench in favor of Mike White checking the ball down to Michael Carter and Ty Johnson on 90% of his drop backs.

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wilson is the worst quarterback on the roster. Indisputable fact. I’d bet he never produces a game like Mike White’s best game. 

Does not seem possible ...We play Buffalo and NE again and that's going to be a pair of Debacles with Zach at QB. Unless the coaching staff chooses to pussify the situation again and let Joe Flacco play. Personally I would let White play starting next week to see if once again a competent QB can handle the offense . Then starting next season its an outright QB competition vs Zach and Mike

Just now, Untouchable said:

If White is the player that some of you seem to think he is then he should at least be able to face said defense without utterly imploding.

The guy seems flat out incapable of pushing the ball downfield. Buffalo wasn’t going to allow him to dink and dunk them to death ala Cincinnati. So they took away the short stuff…and Mike White melted.

I’m not even some Zach Wilson fanboy. I didn’t give two wet sh*ts about drafting any of these rookie QB’s once the Trevor Lawrence dream was dead.

But Wilson is here now and the Jets are committed. And I sure as hell don’t want him riding the bench in favor of Mike White checking the ball down to Michael Carter and Ty Johnson on 90% of his drop backs.

Mike White checked down when he had to and he also converted a good portion of his 3rd and longs as well. Mike White ran the offense very well and proved we had some talented players. Its seemed to me he would have grown with the offense but he never got the chance. He was in desparation mode vs a Buffalo team that makes a habit of destroying good seasoned QB's but sorry Mike White does not get the chance to grow with this offense even though he played well enough in other games to warrant it. All because Zach is the number 2 pick and IMHO once you hit the NFL and sh*ts for real I don't give a **** if you are the #1 pick going against a UDFA the best guy should always play because that's how you win games you NEVER win games by trying to save face. Zach Wi8lson has accomplished absolutely nothing while Mike White stepped in and beat the hottest team in the NFL in Cincy. But hey screw reality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He threw for 251 yards still that game.  Zach Wilson has only done that once.  

All im saying is he’s a better option than Wilson if you want to win games.  Sorry I want to go with the QB who had the best game in a Jets uniform in decades.  
I’ve see enough of Wilson and think he’s a bust.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I think Zach will be ok. The team should be able to improve in practically every aspect next year. They’ll have a better defense and a better OL. He really needs a #1 WR and a #1 RB. Think about that. A cow bell RB like Spiller, TE like McBride, C like Linderboom, G like Schreff, WR like Allen Robinson. That’s a serious upgrade in talent. And he’d be able to put this miserable learning curve rookie season behind him. Conversely, the defense will be better-how could it possibly be any worse! Lawson will be back and JD will add an elite edge prospect in the draft. JD has tons of cash and picks to get a couple LB’s and CB’s and safeties. Bet your butt on it. Again, that will be a huge upgrade in talent. Still very young, but definitely more competitive than the mess we’ve seen this year. All this translates into Zach being able to relax and do what he needs to rather than forcing things. 

I'm coming around to this idea.  Just draft best available offensive talent in the next draft.  Make the others score 50 on us each game.  lol

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike White checked down when he had to and he also converted a good portion of his 3rd and longs as well. Mike White ran the offense very well and proved we had some talented players. Its seemed to me he would have grown with the offense but he never got the chance. He was in desparation mode vs a Buffalo team that makes a habit of destroying good seasoned QB's but sorry Mike White does not get the chance to grow with this offense even though he played well enough in other games to warrant it. All because Zach is the number 2 pick and IMHO once you hit the NFL and sh*ts for real I don't give a **** if you are the #1 pick going against a UDFA the best guy should always play because that's how you win games you NEVER win games by trying to save face. Zach Wi8lson has accomplished absolutely nothing while Mike White stepped in and beat the hottest team in the NFL in Cincy. But hey screw reality.

Yeah that’s all good and great.

Fact is, the Jets just made Zach Wilson the highest drafted QB this side of Joe Namath in the organizations history.

They aren’t telling him to grab some pine in favor of the dude that no one thought would even beat out James Morgan until the final cuts rolled in just a few months ago.

Wilson is starting every game the rest of this season barring injury, period.

Mike White may not even be on the roster in a few months. But Zach Wilson sure as hell will be.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

He threw for 251 yards still that game.  Zach Wilson has only done that once.  

All im saying is he’s a better option than Wilson if you want to win games.  Sorry I want to go with the QB who had the best game in a Jets uniform in decades.  
I’ve see enough of Wilson and think he’s a bust.  

I'm pretty much convinced he's a total bust. But in a way I can understand that the Jets need to make that apparent. Because how would they explain telling the #2 pick he was going to sit the remainder of the year for Mike White ? If that would have happened and White eventually sh*t the bed then what ? ...This is the only crazy illogical bullsh*t I could think of by the Jets coaching staff not Playing White . This whole season is a complete mess. I blame most of it on injuries but more of it on the decision to keep trotting Wilson out there to look like a hot mess.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm pretty much convinced he's a total bust. But in a way I can understand that the Jets need to make that apparent. Because how would they explain telling the #2 pick he was going to sit the remainder of the year for Mike White ? If that would have happened and White eventually sh*t the bed then what ? ...This is the only crazy illogical bullsh*t I could think of by the Jets coaching staff not Playing White . This whole season is a complete mess. I blame most of it on injuries but more of it on the decision to keep trotting Wilson out there to look like a hot mess.

I’d respect it more if they would just own up to it and say we ****ed this up.   
it’s a business though so I understand why they are doing what they are but it’s unfair to the fans.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah that’s all good and great.

Fact is, the Jets just made Zach Wilson the highest drafted QB this side of Joe Namath in the organizations history.

They aren’t telling him to grab some pine in favor of the dude that no one thought would even beat out James Morgan until the final cuts rolled in just a few months ago.

Wilson is starting every game the rest of this season barring injury, period.

Mike White may not even be on the roster in a few months. But Zach Wilson sure as hell will be.

And that my friend is the NY ******* Jets. Remember when the Seahawks paid Flynn all that money and still went with the rookie Russel Wilson picked in the 4th round ? That was Balls and that was the right move for the organization. The Jets never had a coach with balls like that other Than Parcells and maybe Mangini to some extent when he let Mawae walk for the Rookie Mangold. This team has no balls and the players know it. This staff has no balls and the players know it. Its like someone reached in and ripped out its heart . I actually laugh during Jets games now because I'm at the point thats the only way I can deal with this bullsh*t

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Is hitting the check down 12 times exceptional? Yes he was exposed because he’s limited athletically. Wilson has better mobility and significantly better arm talent. 

he’s ****ed mentally but he has rare ability. 

there are 250 Mike whites out there. There are 50 Zach Wilson’s. 

Sure, when the point of comparison is a guy missing the check down 12 times.  It's all relative.

By this measure, would that make White's 250 the backup QBs of the world, and Wilson's 50 the Hackenbergs?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

And that my friend is the NY ******* Jets. Remember when the Seahawks paid Flynn all that money and still went with the rookie Russel Wilson picked in the 4th round ? That was Balls and that was the right move for the organization. The Jets never had a coach with balls like that other Than Parcells and maybe Mangini to some extent when he let Mawae walk for the Rookie Mangold. This team has no balls and the players know it. This staff has no balls and the players know it. Its like someone reached in and ripped out its heart . I actually laugh during Jets games now because I'm at the point thats the only way I can deal with this bullsh*t

I mostly agree, but it is what it is.

Like I said, it’s entirely possible that Zach Wilson is a bust.

But they’re going to give the kid every chance to turn it around. If Zach isn’t the answer, then Saleh, Douglas and the rest of the coaching staff and front office are out on their asses.

Wilson has a chance to be a franchise QB, despite the mostly rough showing so far. He clearly has talent.

Meanwhile the odds of White being anything more than a decent backup at best are so minuscule that I can’t believe the fanbase has devoted so much attention to the thought of it. I know everyone loves an underdog story, but trust me, it’s not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I wouldn’t even tender the guy. Why the hell pay Mike White $3+ million based on one game in which he didn’t throw a single pass more than 15 yards when you could put that money towards someone like Garopollo or Minshew who could provide legit competition or even end up being a quality starter?

Except you seem to miss the point of White coming up is that none of what you say about him is untrue, but he came in as an unknown JAG practice-squader, and is far from anything special, but yet is still 1 of 3 Jets backup QBs who have all outperformed Wilson this year.  It's a significant indictment and takes away any merit from the idea that Wilson is an innocent victim of the same situation they're all dealing with.

That is why White is still a relevant point until the supposed anointed one can manage to not look substantially worse than him.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Except you seem to miss the point of White coming up is that none of what you say about him is untrue, but he came in as an unknown JAG practice-squader, and is far from anything special, but yet is still 1 of 3 Jets backup QBs who have all outperformed Wilson this year.  It's a significant indictment and takes away any merit from the idea that Wilson is an innocent victim of the same situation they're all dealing with.

That is why White is still a relevant point until the supposed anointed one can manage to not look substantially worse than him.

At this stage I have no hope for Wilson , none at all. I held back from saying this because like the narrative goes you have to give him a chance right ?/ 

With White the guy is 6-5 has a strong arm and moved the offense but his Int's were magnified to more of an extent because well he's Mike White. Mike White proved he could move the offense and not only move it but play substantially faster due to hitting guys in stride. What if as Mike White grew with the team and became more comfortable he started taking more shots downfield ? What if he actually grew with the offense as HE Learned ? I guess he Never gets that chance cause if Zach continues to sh*t the bed we get to see Joe Flacco and that is what's so dreadfully stupid about this franchise. What if White did have it in him ? I mean its not like he faced a pack of crap teams He beat the hottest team in the NFL and I believe he would have kept us in the Colts game as well after he answered the Colts TD with one of his own before a freak injury /

Mike White Faced 3 of the best teams in the NFL at least top ten teams and those 3 teams were also ranked top 5 defensive teams as well and he was not overwhelmed ...where as Zach seems over whelmed vs every single team he plays. Even in the Buffalo game when White Hit Asshat Corey Davis down the seam and Davis fumbled the game away he looked the part

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I agree that all 3 of Flacco, White and Johnson showed a better fundamental understanding of the offense…I just don’t see what sitting Wilson in favor of someone like White does for us.

There’s still a chance that Wilson can be the cornerstone of the teams future despite largely looking like poop so far.

Meanwhile, odds are Mike White’s Halloween performance against the Bengals will be the hallmark of his career. It’s entirely possible that he never even starts another game for as long as he hangs around the NFL.

I’m far from 100% sold on Zach Wilson. But I have no interest in having him ride the pine in favor of a dude who is extremely limited, turned the ball over at a similar or even higher rate than Wilson has, and wound up injured in every appearance he’s made.