****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True, but I feel like people don’t appreciate how hard it is to catch a ball like that when you’re running as fast as these guys are.

I mean, it'd be nice if we had a QB who could hit guys in stride so they don't have to be f*cking Olympic gymnasts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

This isn't pee wee football guys you can't throw the ball two yards behind a receiver on a 5 yard pass. lol  That's not progress.

It’s on his frame. It’s not 2 yards behind him. It’s maybe a foot off his bread basket.  This type of exaggeration shows your ability to assess thing realistically.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, it'd be nice if we had a QB who could hit guys in stride so they don't have to be f*cking Olympic gymnasts.

It's not like they are top tier football players wearing cutter gloves or anything.. 

2 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

We'll never know because he didn't do his part. 

Lets be fair here on a short pass and the ball having so little travel time its extremely difficult to adjust to a ball throw completely behind you. This is as some have already mentioned becoming the norm with Wilson. His accuracy even on 3-5 yard throws is horrible hell its worse than Sanchez and Geno. Like I said in another thread I can count on may hands how many passes Zach Wilson has hit a WR or RB in stride and that's not an exaggeration.

• Upvote 1

Honestly watching Zach reminds me of what Hackenberg would’ve looked like if he got his shot to start.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hackenberg was literally hitting reporters on the sidelines, and he wasn’t throwing the ball away. Zach hit Johnson on the hip. Wasn’t a great throw but it was still in the vicinity. Zach needs to improve his accuracy by inches, not feet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True, but I feel like people don’t appreciate how hard it is to catch a ball like that when you’re running as fast as these guys are.

Also, Wilson has no touch.  This is established and he has also said it himself.  You can not expect a RB to catch a ball behind him while running across the field and throwing a laser, albeit, he did take "a little off it".  

At the end of the day, Johnson gets paid to make plays, and you have to catch the tough balls too.

• Upvote 1