Which receiver has the biggest day today?

AFJF

Who has the biggest day today?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR has the biggest day?

• Crowder
    • Cole
    • Berrios
    • Mims

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, me thinking ZW should throw to receivers who are open as opposed to WRs who are covered WRs cemented it for you how limited my knowledge of the game is compared to you, who thinks the QB should throw to WRs who are covered.  Thanks for the lesson

And one person who claims Zach ignores half the field, doesnt make it right or an excuse for Mims.  Sometimes its the simple answer, Mims has been awful and hasnt been close to the top receiver on the team

Ive had DTs since 77, dont play the clown here

No, that would be Elijah Moore who ZW was forcing the ball to even when double covered.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Be ashamed that you didnt include Vyncint Smith on this. 

That's my write in answer. 

With the chemistry he built with Zach during camp I was gonna' put a few bucks on him to score a TD but sadly he didn't show up as an option on the site I use.

Doubt anybody is going to 'go off'. The Jets will run the ball and spread it around when they pass. Crowder and Berrios will probably see the most targets and I think Crowder will make the most of them. 

Would be nice to see Cole and Mims finally make something of their opportunities but I just haven't seen that yet so why would things suddenly change? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

No, that would be Elijah Moore who ZW was forcing the ball to even when double covered.

And your answer is  ZW should have been throwing to Mims over Moore.   Moore wasnt open.   Or able to catch.  Because he was doubled all day and Mims the open receiver.  OK

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And your answer is  ZW should have been throwing to Mims over Moore.   Moore wasnt open.   Or able to catch.  Because he was doubled all day and Mims the open receiver.  OK

My answer is you throw to the more open receiver...whether it's Moore, Mims whoever...not forcing the ball to a double covered Moore who because of his size can't elevate to catch a high throw with 2 guys on him..he won't have that option today..I want ZW to show some progress and look at the rest of the field..you should too.

6 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

My answer is you throw to the more open receiver...whether it's Moore, Mims whoever...not forcing the ball to a double covered Moore who because of his size can't elevate to catch a high throw with 2 guys on him..he won't have that option today..I want ZW to show some progress and look at the rest of the field..you should too.

And youre kidding yourself making excuses for Mims non production and blaming it on ZW throwing to Moore instead of Mims.

No QB in their right mind would throw to Mims over Moore.  Moore actually catches passes.  There is no team, no time that Mims is better than Moore, I could care less what size advantage Mims has, hes not as talented or as reliable an option as Moore is.    Moore is actually a weapon.  Mims is hoping to grow up

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you think we should throw to receivers who are covered and its not the WR fault they cant get open?

Throwing to a covered receiver isn’t a smart throw by the QB. WR aren't always going to get separation. That’s why there are 3, 4 and even 5 wide sets. 

Sometimes defenses completely shut down a WR by doubling him the entire time. They’ll still make a nice play or two but that doesn’t mean the WR was at fault. It just means he diverted majority of the attention away from other WR. 

A QB throwing to a covered WR is on the QB, not the WR. That’s football 101. 

32 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Throwing to a covered receiver isn’t a smart throw by the QB. WR aren't always going to get separation. That’s why there are 3, 4 and even 5 wide sets. 

Sometimes defenses completely shut down a WR by doubling him the entire time. They’ll still make a nice play or two but that doesn’t mean the WR was at fault. It just means he diverted majority of the attention away from other WR. 

A QB throwing to a covered WR is on the QB, not the WR. That’s football 101. 

And where are we in disagreement? 

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Throwing to receivers who arent open isnt a problem with the QB, its with the WR who cant get open”

Yeah, thats what it said and its right.  If youre receivers are covered and all you're left with is covered WRs, thats not the QBs fault.  The WRs have to learn how to run crisp routes or to create separation.  

I tell you I agree with you and you want to argue?  WTF?

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, thats what it said and its right.  If youre receivers are covered and all you're left with is covered WRs, thats not the QBs fault.  The WRs have to learn how to run crisp routes or to create separation.  

I tell you I agree with you and you want to argue?  WTF?

If the receivers are covered, you throw it away. You don’t force a throw. Or scramble to see if you can get a yard or two. Where are we in an agreement? 

6 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

If the receivers are covered, you throw it away. You don’t force a throw. Or scramble to see if you can get a yard or two. Where are we in an agreement? 

This will be the third and last time I write this, I agree with you.  

If the WR is covered, the play is done and thats not the QBs fault.

Thats it