The upcoming 2022 offseason

jetstream23

5 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

This place is already borderline-unreadable as it is, becoming worse than Twitter. Its the same stuff repeated ad nauseum every week from the same posters. 

The draft forum is still worth a visit. 

Completely agree. The refusal of some to accept the reality in front of them is tiresome. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

QB is the biggest need on this team. Everyone knows it. Some just can't accept it.

I’ll say that quarterback is the biggest question on the team and it’s obviously the most important position.

It may turn out to be the biggest need but I’m not quite there yet.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, heymangold said:

What team is built from the QB up?  The pats had a legit team around Brady, the chiefs were competitive before pat.  The bills had a great defense and got the qb, then got him a top 5 wr. The packers handed the team to Rodgers right from Favre. 

point is, you can’t get a qb and expect it all to change.  The defense on this team is historically bad, the skill position continues to be a joke.  I’ve said it before, Tom or pat wouldn’t be successful here.  It’s insane to think any differently.

all this being said, zach isn’t showing any improvement and seems to be getting worse, if that’s possible.  He’s only started 9 games, so I’m willing to hold out hope but he’s making it incredibly hard for me.

I agree. Hopefully next years picks in the first 2 rounds are more "Vera Tucker and Moore" than "Bechton and Mims". Unfortunately, I think next year will be more of the same on the field because I don't believe in Wilson, which means the Jets will pick high in 2023 as well. Hopefully 2023 brings a vet QB in who can win games and the team will be loaded because next year's draft class pans out. Still, its hard to just flush 2 seasons down the toilet so casually. 

I was willing to give JD a mulligan for the 2020 draft for a variety of reasons. It gets harder and harder to watch some of these players. I am hoping Becton and Mims turn it around next year. Becton is likely to turn it around, I can't say the same about Mims - but next year will be make or break for. him.

Do whatever it takes to acquire Davante Adams. Tamper so he knows our master plan.

When he doesn’t sign with GB they will franchise him. Give up the 1st rounder and sign him.

Now we get Arod. He mentors Zach (they like each other) for as long as he wants. We have weapons (Adams/Moore/Carter) and draft picks. 

Tell me why we couldn’t pull this off? It would actually be a sound plan that allows to win now and later. 

• WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Tell me why we couldn’t pull this off?

GB won't trade him to the Jets barring some crazy trade thing, and Rodgers wouldn't ever sign with the Jets. He wants to win a Super Bowl, not mentor a faltering QB

25 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Do whatever it takes to acquire Davante Adams. Tamper so he knows our master plan.

When he doesn’t sign with GB they will franchise him. Give up the 1st rounder and sign him.

Now we get Arod. He mentors Zach (they like each other) for as long as he wants. We have weapons (Adams/Moore/Carter) and draft picks. 

Tell me why we couldn’t pull this off? It would actually be a sound plan that allows to win now and later. 

DentalPessimisticFireant-max-1mb.gif.e6dc79ff507a27823c2270cc4b1d4982.gif

I’m  down. Even if it’s only 1 year Of an older Rogers

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mo Lew said:

Can’t win what you don’t put in the middle.

What do you mean? If you're talking about offering enough money to acquire them, you might get Adams but it doesn't matter how much GB pays him if they don't go to another SB this year he's probably out, so why would he even think about the Jets?

Because we get them as a package. Got to try and convince Aaron to come. Not saying it will be easy. 

To me, Rodgers seems like a guy that would get a kick out of winning with the jets, taking the team ripped the most in the media and turning them around. Throw in Davante, Moore, Davis and draft picks and we could appease him. 

I know it’s a fantasy, but if I were the GM I would try my absolute hardest to make it a reality. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Because we get them as a package. Got to try and convince Aaron to come. Not saying it will be easy. 

To me, Rodgers seems like a guy that would get a kick out of winning with the jets, taking the team ripped the most in the media and turning them around. Throw in Davante, Moore, Davis and draft picks and we could appease him. 

I know it’s a fantasy, but if I were the GM I would try my absolute hardest to make it a reality. 

And zach can watch his favorite qb and learn. Rogers 3-4 year deal.  Adam’s highest paid WR 4-6 year deal. 

pretty quick turnaround and we still have boatload of draft capital 

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

And zach can watch his favorite qb and learn. Rogers 3-4 year deal.  Adam’s highest paid WR 4-6 year deal. 

pretty quick turnaround and we still have boatload of draft capital 

Exactly! Another reason Arod might be intrigued is his familiarity with the offense and Lafleur.