Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

QB has to be the priority this offseason. If Douglas and Saleh are putting their faith in Zach turning it around then they're hoping for a miracle. At this rate all three are gone at the end of next season. 

That's unfortunately not going to happen unless we get insanely lucky and Rogers or WIlson falls to us.  A GM who's career is riding on a pick isn't going to fire himself after only a few games.

Assuming there isn't a drastic turnaround next season. Lawrence and Wilson are why you don't draft guys based solely on arm strength and are other physical abilities. I figured the existence of guys like Brees, Manning, Ryan, etc would have taught people that arm talent isn't the be all end all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Kenny Pickett

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I Never saw a QB with zero pressure, and a wide open RB bounce a frigging SCREEN PASS! 5 yards in front of the back I mean I NEVER have seen something that pathetic  Randy and I've been watching the game since your SB year!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Tough crowd. As for those who love to tank and give up entire seasons for unproven commodities this is what you can get. Losing games on purpose is idiotic. I still believe Zach will end up being pretty good. Last week he was NFL rookie of the week. On the bright side no accuracy even for picks today. He was so bad he couldn't even hook up with an opponent. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I Never saw a QB with zero pressure, and a wide open RB bounce a frigging SCREEN PASS! 5 yards in front of the back I mean I NEVER have seen something that pathetic  Randy and I've been watching the game since your SB year!

I too have been around for the Super Bowl victory and I agree. NEVER EVER SEEN ANY QB UNITENTIONALLY BOUNCE A FIVE YARD FRIGGIN SCREEN PASS. Sad very sad 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Here is where I am on Wilson:

1. I thought he was one of the most overrated QB prospects I'd seen in 30 years of following the draft. 

2. I pretty much expected everything we are seeing. 

3. You cannot give up on him after one season. It would somehow make arguably the worst franchise in the league look even worse. 

4. He could still theoretically pan out, but I'm not betting on it. 

5. I don't think you can bring in veteran competition next year because it would be a tacit admission that you make a mistake and both Saleh and Douglas's egos will not allow it. 

6. I think the first time you could legitimately bring in a vet to compete against Wilson is 2023. 

No way sorry Maury, you do not simply ANOINT this kid the starting job again. The starting QB must EARN the position not have it given to him on a silver platter. Only losing teams do stupid things like that

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

No way sorry Maury, you do not simply ANOINT this kid the starting job again. The starting QB must EARN the position not have it given to him on a silver platter. Only losing teams do stupid things like that

Oh, don't get me wrong, if I was in charge, I would do what you are saying. But I have absolutely no faith that Saleh and Douglas are going to move on from him that fast. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

3. You cannot give up on him after one season. It would somehow make arguably the worst franchise in the league look even worse. 

I disagree with this.  If you don’t think Wilson is the guy then admit the mistake and move on rather than waste another year.  

• Upvote 1