Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

Mike White will be in the league 5 years from now probably as a back up while Zach Wilson will be on Season 40 of The Bachelor from Utah.

The only season in show history where, in the end, the bachelor is able to say yes to all of the ladies.

(Provided his Mom approves of them, of course) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Here are some fun facts to chew on;

Mike White - 132 pass attempts - 5 TD's.

Josh Johnson - 45 pass attempts - 3 TD's

Joe Flacco - 45 pass attempts - 3 TD's

So, while Zach Wilson was out, the QB's on this roster average 3 TD's per 45 attempts.

Zach Wilson has 285 attempts - 6 TD's.

For those without a calculator - Jets back up QB's have collectively thrown for 3 more TDs in 177 less pass attempts. 

So, let's ask this question again?  Who's the career back up?  And who's out of the league in a few years? 

That's nuts how the 3 backups are performing identically in this key stat. It's almost like it's not the system, OL, coaches, supporting cast, or phases of the moon's fault...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

White was also winning the locker room over.  There was no doubt the players were gravitating towards him.  Saleh and JD saw that and couldn’t pull the plug fast enough, they knew it was going to be difficult for Zach to win them back.  

Now this week Zach is apologizing to the defense and his Mommy is fighting people on instagram trying to defend him.  

Next stop: Full Jaguars meltdown.

• Haha 2

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Saleh isn’t the scumbag that Urban is, not even close.   I think the players are still firmly behind him.  They haven’t turned on him.  

I almost wonder if Urban is trying to get canned on purpose to collect his guaranteed contract $$ and go back to the beach.

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

White was also winning the locker room over.  There was no doubt the players were gravitating towards him.  Saleh and JD saw that and couldn’t pull the plug fast enough, they knew it was going to be difficult for Zach to win them back.  

Eh, it's not JD or Saleh's fault that Mike White got hurt against Indy (and got hurt in like 3 straight games) and then threw 4 picks against the Bills. 

Tbh, If White never got hurt against Indy, it's possible that he's still the starter right now. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jgb said:

That's nuts how the 3 backups are performing identically in this key stat. It's almost like it's not the system, OL, coaches, supporting cast, or phases of the moon's fault...

To put this is even better context, when Zach Wilson is out, the passing offense averages 1 TD per every 15 attempts vs. w/ Zach Wilson in the game, it's 1 TD every 47.5 attempts.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Now this week Zach is apologizing to the defense and his Mommy is fighting people on instagram trying to defend him.  

Where was this reported? Hadn't seen int.

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

To put this is even better context, when Zach Wilson is out, the passing offense averages 1 TD per every 15 attempts vs. w/ Zach Wilson in the game, it's 1 TD every 47.5 attempts.

I wish LaFleur would call "teh good plays" for Wilson, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Here are some fun facts to chew on;

Mike White - 132 pass attempts - 5 TD's.

Josh Johnson - 45 pass attempts - 3 TD's

Joe Flacco - 45 pass attempts - 3 TD's

So, while Zach Wilson was out, the QB's on this roster average 3 TD's per 45 attempts.

Zach Wilson has 285 attempts - 6 TD's.

For those without a calculator - Jets back up QB's have collectively thrown for 3 more TDs in 177 less pass attempts. 

So, let's ask this question again?  Who's the career back up?  And who's out of the league in a few years? 

None of us know. 

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, it's not JD or Saleh's fault that Mike White got hurt against Indy (and got hurt in like 3 straight games) and then threw 4 picks against the Bills. 

Tbh, If White never got hurt against Indy, it's possible that he's still the starter right now. 

Doesn’t he get hurt in every game he plays?

Just now, Jetluv58 said:

Doesn’t he get hurt in every game he plays?

somehow, yes. I don't think I've ever seen a QB get hurt in 3 straight games. As usual with this franchise, we don't get to enjoy anything. 

Mike White looks like Brady for a game and then just disappears. Everything good just goes away. 

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Apparently you didn't read the scouting reports on him.  Admit it you know zip about Mike White.

Mike’s a Pisces who likes the out-of-doors, cheeseburgers and fast cars. When not practicing football and waiting for his “next big chance” Mike likes nothing better than to curl up with a good book or to take long reflective walks on the beach. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And meanwhile Zach Wilson is among the worst starting QBs in NFL history through his first 9 games. 

Color me undisturbed by your takes on Mike White. 

I just don't know why this has to be Mike White vs. Zach Wilson.

It's nothing of the sort.  That is, again, precisely why you guys just don't get it.

Not everything has to do with Zach Wilson.  You guys want to make everything said about this team somehow about Wilson.  It's not.

Mike White is a practice squad level QB, his 4 year history as one is proof of it..The team that saes him every day in practice knew he couldn't even be the long term back up. - and that has absolutely nothing to do with Zach Wilson. 

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Apparently you didn't read the scouting reports on him.  Admit it you know zip about Mike White.

Mike White has been on practice squads for 4 years..

And then in his first back-up role - the Jets starting QB went down - the team immediately went out a got someone else be play in his stead.  That's the team that sees him every day in practice.  

Frankly, the fascination with Mike White is one of the more bizarre things I've seen on this board.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Where was this reported? Hadn't seen int.

Cimini has mentioned before how Wilson's routine is to check in with the defensive players after every game - kind of a team building thing. 

Cimini reported this week that, according to C.J. Mosley, Wilson apologized to the entire defense and told them "I have to do better." Cimini wrote "the message was well received"

https://africa.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/88447/new-york-jets-zach-wilson-continues-trend-no-such-thing-as-a-gimme

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Cimini has mentioned before how Wilson's routine is to check in with the defensive players after every game - kind of a team building thing. 

Cimini reported this week that, according to C.J. Mosley, Wilson apologized to the entire defense and told them "I have to do better." Cimini wrote "the message was well received"

https://africa.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/88447/new-york-jets-zach-wilson-continues-trend-no-such-thing-as-a-gimme

That's not as bad as it was made out in other threads.

Far from ideal of course, but not as bad.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just don't know why this has to be Mike White vs. Zach Wilson.

It's nothing of the sort.  That is, again, precisely why you guys just don't get it.

Not everything has to do with Zach Wilson.  You guys want to make everything said about this team somehow about Wilson.  It's not.

Mike White is a practice squad level QB, his 4 year history as one is proof of it..The team that saes him every day in practice knew he couldn't even be the long term back up. - and that has absolutely nothing to do with Zach Wilson. 

Mike White will be tendered by the Jets following the season. They see him as an asset, perhaps not a starter but a player with value. He’s not playing right now simply due to Zach being a 2nd overall pick. 

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mike White has been on practice squads for 4 years..

And then in his first back-up role - the Jets starting QB went down - the team immediately went out a got someone else be play in his stead.  That's the team that sees him every day in practice.  

Frankly, the fascination with Mike White is one of the more bizarre things I've seen on this board.

Mike White's not the answer, but 4 practice squads versus #2 overall pick...

Anyway, we are aligned. Zach or bust. Every snap. I suspect I'll feel the same way next season too after seeing the chumps and castoffs JD likely puts on the depth chart behind him...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mike White will be tendered by the Jets following the season. They see him as an asset, perhaps not a starter but a player with value. He’s not playing right now simply due to Zach being a 2nd overall pick. 

I'm. not up to date on tender values...

But I think a 2nd round tender is $5mm - The Jets are not paying Mike White $5mm next year.  Jeeze, they traded for Flacco the moment Zach got hurt...Do you think now they're going to give him $5mm to be third string?  

Remember, you saw him play in 2.5 games, they've seen him every day in practice for 2+ years. .

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Mike White's not the answer, but 4 practice squads versus #2 overall pick...

Anyway, we are aligned. Zach or bust. Every snap. I suspect I'll feel the same way next season too after seeing the chumps and castoffs JD likely puts on the depth chart behind him...

I think you're right...

I think they know they are Zach or bust, but I also think they're likely to bring in a viable back-up if he comes out of the gate looking like he did last week.  

I have a feeling Zach will shine in camp and pre-season - and rightfully win the job over whoever they bring in.  Just don't know if he will handle the pressure of Sundays.  He's either going to grow out of this choking thing or he's not...

btw..I'll be right there with you if 4 games into next year if he's still dirtying the ball or throwing the ball behind receivers on 10 yard ins...He doesn't have to be great, but has to show that the stuff that high schoolers can do he can do virtually every time.

Apparently the ball "slipped" out of his hands on the screen pass he says on the radio.

Because he put such a sh*tty rag arm attempt to the throw. Wtf was the ball balmy from the 55 degree sun?

My kids watch these memes where people do stupid sh*t and some voice says “bruh”…. I didn’t really understand it until I saw that throw.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app