Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think you're right...

I think they know they are Zach or bust, but I also think they're likely to bring in a viable back-up if he comes out of the gate looking like he did last week.  

I have a feeling Zach will shine in camp and pre-season - and rightfully win the job over whoever they bring in.  Just don't know if he will handle the pressure of Sundays.  He's either going to grow out of this choking thing or he's not...

btw..I'll be right there with you if 4 games into next year if he's still dirtying the ball or throwing the ball behind receivers on 10 yard ins...He doesn't have to be great, but has to show that the stuff that high schoolers can do he can do virtually every time.

I have higher expectations for a #2 overall pick, but let's start there.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I almost wonder if Urban is trying to get canned on purpose to collect his guaranteed contract $$ and go back to the beach.

If that's the case, than he might top off Belichick on my scumbag rankings

Which is extremely hard to accomplish

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

If that's the case, than he might top off Belichick on my scumbag rankings

Which is extremely hard to accomplish

I don't think he started that way. But after the whole bar video thing, the pressure on the home front is probably enough to turn Christmas stocking coal into diamond.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't think he started that way. But after the whole bar video thing, the pressure on the home front is probably enough to turn Christmas stocking coal into diamond.

Yea, I don't really know what he was thinking there. What he was doing at the time was messed up on so many levels

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Because he put such a sh*tty rag arm attempt to the throw. Wtf was the ball balmy from the 55 degree sun?

My kids watch these memes where people do stupid sh*t and some voice says “bruh”…. I didn’t really understand it until I saw that throw.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

lmao ive heard that meme, that fits perfectly with that play

14 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The challenge is, do we even know what Zach's strength is at this point?  I dont particularly see a strength in his game, everything seems like a challenge.  There is nothing I've identified watching him so far that looks comfortable.  I know you say he's a vertical deep ball guy but his deep ball isnt very good and the All22 shows him quite often, not taking the shot down field, sometimes ignoring wide open WR's.  I also hate the idea that you draft a player at #2 overall and he can only play 1 system but I dont disagree that the players vs. the system is an odd match.  I just dont know what system is a fit for Zach.  Prior to the season, all I heard was how Zach is perfect for this offense and this system and people gushing about how smooth this transition will be based on what he did at BYU and now he's a mess and nothing seems to work.

I think right now he's mentally lost, and is thinking out there.  I remember his ability to throw on the run being some of the best, but the problem is that he just can't make the quick decisions.  He's not making the right reads at the line and progressing fast enough, which was going to be an issue anyway.  

I just don't get the offensive system approach to be honest.  I really don't understand the Davis signing, unless they just looked at stats.  I don't think he fits the system nor Wilson's skills.  For Wilson to thrive, and the system to be effective, they need speed in spades.  I wouldn't be surprised if one our 2nd round picks goes for a WR with speed.  Right now (especially with Moore) there is no vertical threat, which funnels everything into Wilson's weakness, which is intermediate reads.  

He also has a bit of the issue that Fitzpatrick did, which is that his passes tend to have a 2 seam fastball effect.  They tend to float a bit to the right side, like a 2 seam fastball.  I feel like this is part of the reason with the drops and throws behind the receivers, because the ball is moving left to right a bit too much.  I thought Fitz had the same issue with us, but he doesn't throw the ball quite as fast, so it was easier to adjust.  I don't remember thinking it was a big impact in college, so I'm not sure if it's a footwork issue, or a follow through issue.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, whodeawhodat said:

This is why I want to go best WR in the draft if there is one heads and shoulders above the rest.  look at chase in cincy.

If wilson continues with his worm burners let him and Mike White have an open comp next year.  

If neither of them are the answer we could possibly have our own TB situation where a top tier QB would want to come in with all the pieces around them.

my $0.02

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme