Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

anyone ever hear of Tyler Huntley? Undrafted qb. Lamar Jackson’s backup. Yea me neither. But he’s still better than Zach Wilson

D88E4872-1788-4E80-9285-F16FA513C6CC.thumb.jpeg.b043a839d5bca172f86635c69fb6ceab.jpeg

72642A53-069B-47BB-B93A-D3EA0B412007.thumb.jpeg.f86b33e3e2368184e6a65d73cba86e35.jpeg

anyone want to guess how many times zach Wilson has thrown for 270 yards?

EB976B72-ACED-415A-86BD-7945D2386635.thumb.jpeg.a1f1a8357a3ccbddb6b82af082af6d95.jpeg

once!

Are you comparing the Ravens established offense for multiple years and the Jets who started back ups at every skill position and had multiple drops and didnt bail out the rookie Qb once with a catch that wasnt perfect? In the Jets first year of a system on both sides of the ball? Zach did not play well but he looks light years ahead of Trevor Lawrence.. Looking at the way this entire rookie QB class has played all year he is far from awful. If Zach should be replaced then what exactly should happen with the genrational QB in Jacksonville? Justin Fields (when not injured)? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Anyone saying that Zack Wilson is garbage cannot be told they are wrong. Can that change, possibly but I don’t see it. I have never seen a more inaccurate quarterback in my life. He is really bad. 

It's amazing LJ, he throws his worst passes when he has zero pressure and the WR is wide open. I mean and he REALLY misses too! He's Chuck Knoblauch  trying to throw to 1st base bad

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

Are you comparing the Ravens established offense for multiple years and the Jets who started back ups at every skill position and had multiple drops and didnt bail out the rookie Qb once with a catch that wasnt perfect? In the Jets first year of a system on both sides of the ball? Zach did not play well but he looks light years ahead of Trevor Lawrence.. Looking at the way this entire rookie QB class has played all year he is far from awful. If Zach should be replaced then what exactly should happen with the genrational QB in Jacksonville? Justin Fields (when not injured)? 

Trevor Lawrence is not any part of the equation that is Zach Wilson's inability to play professional level QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

I disagree with this.  If you don’t think Wilson is the guy then admit the mistake and move on rather than waste another year.  

Look, I'm one of the founding members of the "Wilson sucks" club on this board (go visit the draft forum), but my main concern is scaring off a legitimate coaching prospect after Saleh gets canned. If you are a top coaching candidate, do you want to go work somewhere that gave up on the number 2 overall pick after a season (unless there were substance abuse, work ethic issues)? It sucks, but the organization has to consider these things. 

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Look, I'm one of the founding members of the "Wilson sucks" club on this board (go visit the draft forum), but my main concern is scaring off a legitimate coaching prospect after Saleh gets canned. If you are a top coaching candidate, do you want to go work somewhere that gave up on the number 2 overall pick after a season (unless there were substance abuse, work ethic issues)? It sucks, but the organization has to consider these things. 

I mean, after all these years, you’re a coach who’s still willing to go to the Jets… Is the handling of Wilson going to stop you?

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I am not giving up on Zach but I can see why many fans are highly concerned.  

This kid wasnt inaccurate in college.  You just dont become inaccurate overnight.  This is a mental thing and that is concerning.  They need to get him a sports psychologist in the offseason.  

Lobotomy. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, after all these years, you’re a coach who’s still willing to go to the Jets… Is the handling of Wilson going to stop you?

Possibly. If the candidate doesn't realize how awful Wilson was, they might be concerned about the Jets being too impatient. 

To be honest, Wilson is damn lucky that more of the fanbase hasn't turned against him. Once the fans at the stadium start booing Wilson on a regular basis, Woody is going to get an itchy trigger finger. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I guess you didn’t watch Trevor Lawrence throw 4 ints today. Give these rookies some time. Especially Zach who had a scrub set of offensive weapons today

No offensive weapons is no excuse for inaccurate five yard passes. That’s the troublesome part of watching Zach. Will he overcome this?  At this point we just don’t know 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What is your point?

You could have wanted the guy - and then realized he wasn't good.  That's the problem with this place.  

refuse to let go of their pre-draft views   It's okay to see something different when a player becomes a pro...

Acknowledge you were wrong and move on...

Now, I haven't nearly given up on Zach at all...but he was bad today.

Good post.  It's so ridiculous how people hold onto their draft claims.  Borderline treasonous.

If certain feelings for players keep you from wanting the best for this team, kindly buzz off.

• Upvote 1

Zach Wilson may end up being a bust but he's not there yet simply because he hasn't played enough games and the team is still very much invested in him. Any thought otherwise is foolishness.

However, the fact is that he shouldn't be starting right now. In todays NFL, if you are the 2nd overall pick on a bad team thats rebuilding you are expected to start. This used to not be the case and QBs were brought up slowly.

The Jets were committed to getting Zach out there and letting him take his lumps. They didn't even sign a vet backup until injuries hit the QB room. Well thats what you get. I think a BIG reason why Zach looks so 'terrible' is because he's not ready. You see the same thing with Fields, Lawrence and Mills- to varying degrees. Lance has Jimmy G in front of him and Jones seems to be the only exception who is looking really good as a rookie. These guys need time. Some more than others. You can talk about game-to-game progress, accuracy and simple throws that aren't being made but a lot of this is the speed of the game, getting accustomed to your team and system, and constantly seeing new NFL defenses. And of course, we'll see most of these guys wash out and never reach their potential. Zach may very well be one of them. But to say that right now he's a bust, based off this season, really is short-sighted and reactionary. You are projecting what you think the player will be rather than what the player is. 

Zach is not going anywhere but next season the Jets need to bring in healthy competition so that he has to prove he is ready to be the starter by taking a major leap forward in his play. If he's not there yet, he should sit- and the Jets need to continue to develop him while evaluating the position.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

This was the Wilson game that scared the crap out of me as a prospect. He had to deal with constant pressure and faced good (for college) cornerbacks. This is a reasonable reproduction of what we mostly see this year. Everyone telling you Wilson had no accuracy issues in college is, frankly, wrong. 

But you know what going to REALLY suck Maury? After this season is done, Mike White will be simply let go and he will be picked up by someone like Denver and turn into a star and we'll still be watching this POS poser with his headband overthrowing wide open receivers all day for another 17 week disastrous losing season of 2022

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I guess you didn’t watch Trevor Lawrence throw 4 ints today. Give these rookies some time. Especially Zach who had a scrub set of offensive weapons today

I am sorry, that excuse doesn't  wash for what we saw today. I know his go to guys were out and he had a bunch of 3rd string or practice squad guys playing with him but he made that so much worse by constantly  throwing passes in bad spots where the receiver would to make a highlight catch or just threw the ball into the turf. Yes, a lot of dropped balls but a lot of poor passes. Having sub-par talent doesn't  make your supposedly FQB this inaccurate.  

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I am sorry, that excuse doesn't  wash for what we saw today. I know his go to guys were out and he had a bunch of 3rd string or practice squad guys playing with him but he made that so much worse by constantly  throwing passes in bad spots where the receiver would to make a highlight catch or just threw the ball into the turf. Yes, a lot of dropped balls but a lot of poor passes. Having sub-par talent doesn't  make your supposedly FQB this inaccurate.  

Correct.  But we see another year of Zach before he is thrown away

12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Trevor Lawrence is not any part of the equation that is Zach Wilson's inability to play professional level QB in the NFL.

So you are asking your rookie QB, to be successful without his top FIVE  (5) weapons while their replacements had multiple drops (right from the start) and did not bail him out once with a catch that wasnt perfectly thrown?  Zach's  missed easy throws? Yeah, I can see some criticism but because they are seemingly easy throws one would think this is correctable. No one wants to mention how Zach has significantly reduced his INTs (and REAL horrific throws) since returning from injury and I believe today was his first game without one. While today's game is nothing to feel good about he is not the generational QB in Jacksonville that seems to be regressing more each week but you know, this is the Jets so some of the fan base likes to be as ridiculously negative as the bait cliching beat writer and ESPN media 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

A handful of us were destroyed for wanting no part of Zippy and here we are.

At this point you still can't give up on him until end of next year at the earliest but he certainly does suck right now.  Worse than I could have imagined and I thought he'd be terrible.

I can 100% verify this. Add @JiFapono and @Integrity28 to this. It’s almost like they got an early bootleg copy of this. Me? I’m just a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Correct.  But we see another year of Zach before he is thrown away

We will because he is JD guy, not because he has done anything to earn it. To date, Zach Wilson has not put together 4 qrts. of good football. Darnold was nowhere near this bad at this point. This is Geno bad what we saw today. Every time this guy does something  to give you hope he reminds us all how messed up he is. 

He looked awful today. Though the offense looked kinda as expected today given the team that we fielded. 

Some of the miscommunication and drops made sense but others were just painful - at this point, Cole, Crowder and Zach should have decent timing. Just wasn't there today. Lame.