Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

47 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Zach Wilson may end up being a bust but he's not there yet simply because he hasn't played enough games and the team is still very much invested in him. Any thought otherwise is foolishness.

However, the fact is that he shouldn't be starting right now. In todays NFL, if you are the 2nd overall pick on a bad team thats rebuilding you are expected to start. This used to not be the case and QBs were brought up slowly.

The Jets were committed to getting Zach out there and letting him take his lumps. They didn't even sign a vet backup until injuries hit the QB room. Well thats what you get. I think a BIG reason why Zach looks so 'terrible' is because he's not ready. You see the same thing with Fields, Lawrence and Mills- to varying degrees. Lance has Jimmy G in front of him and Jones seems to be the only exception who is looking really good as a rookie. These guys need time. Some more than others. You can talk about game-to-game progress, accuracy and simple throws that aren't being made but a lot of this is the speed of the game, getting accustomed to your team and system, and constantly seeing new NFL defenses. And of course, we'll see most of these guys wash out and never reach their potential. Zach may very well be one of them. But to say that right now he's a bust, based off this season, really is short-sighted and reactionary. You are projecting what you think the player will be rather than what the player is. 

Zach is not going anywhere but next season the Jets need to bring in healthy competition so that he has to prove he is ready to be the starter by taking a major leap forward in his play. If he's not there yet, he should sit- and the Jets need to continue to develop him while evaluating the position.

That would mean that the front office made a mistake, and with this front office and ownership that is not going to happen

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

The Jets as a franchise are alotttt worse than Zach. Kid is ruined right now mentally. 

I cant understand it.  How do you not have accuracy issues in college and then become wildly inaccurate in the pros?

Same thing with Jamar Chase.  He never dropped the ball in college and cant catch anything this year.

What do we do?

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Here is where I am on Wilson:

1. I thought he was one of the most overrated QB prospects I'd seen in 30 years of following the draft. 

2. I pretty much expected everything we are seeing. 

3. You cannot give up on him after one season. It would somehow make arguably the worst franchise in the league look even worse. 

4. He could still theoretically pan out, but I'm not betting on it. 

5. I don't think you can bring in veteran competition next year because it would be a tacit admission that you make a mistake and both Saleh and Douglas's egos will not allow it. 

6. I think the first time you could legitimately bring in a vet to compete against Wilson is 2023. 

I never wanted this baby-faces tiny boy with pop gun arm

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I cant understand it.  How do you not have accuracy issues in college and then become wildly inaccurate in the pros?

Same thing with Jamar Chase.  He never dropped the ball in college and cant catch anything this year.

What do we do?

Its mental. He's shaken up. His face tells it all. 

Jets had no plan for this kid. Just threw him into the fire. Myself and a few others here saw this coming 6 months ago.

Zach is a pile of hot steaming crap. He is worse in every way possible then any other QB in the NFL, CFL or XFL.. Jets are a in a whole heap of sh*t. Stop ******* the fans and get a vet QB and spend alot in free agency. Draft all D. and a few lineman. I cannot take this sh*t anymore this is dreadful and its losing fans not to mention anything to look forward to each week. We need to set the expectations to 9-8 and get people in the door that can make that happen.

If you are riding with Zach then you are a ******* fool.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

He is worse than Geno Smith, He is worse than Sam Darnold, he's probably right down there in Christian Hackenberg territory had he ever played. This kid has shown NOTHING. NOTHING, he is not worthy of starting another NFL game, he has no upside. I've never seen a pro QB so consistently MISS wide open players with NO pressure on him. He bounced  a screen pass today for God sake! Anyone who thinks that he should be given the starting job in 2022 is blind.

And imagine some of us called it before the draft and were pilloried.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Silver lining?  At least they're not stuck with Trevor Lawrence.  Four more INT's for him today.

Such a dumb take. Especially after watching your team’s QB busting before your eyes.

Explain to me why you care about what Lawrence is doing after watching the mess you did today? How does Lawrence or any other QB playing horribly make you feel better about our clown?

Such a dumb take. Especially after watching your team’s QB busting before your eyes.
Explain to me why you care about what Lawrence is doing after watching the mess you did today? How does Lawrence or any other QB playing horribly make you feel better about our clown?
Because Zach has played tacitly better than any other rookie not named Jones.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Because Zach has played tacitly better than any other rookie not named Jones.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

When I avoid red meat my dumps smell tacitly better than those that eat chili for 3 straight days.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What do we do?

We wait

1836481726_ArchManning.jpg.07a30734f0bf2d7bb88e128d855ce3a1.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You have become the worst poster on this board, not even close. You act like you called out the winning Pick 6 lotto numbers. Most drafted QB's suck, stop taking a bow. 

Shouldn't you be attacking those like yourself who defend drafted QBs against the understood odds like they are your mother? I mean most bust, right? You said it yourself. Magical thinking is a helluva drug.

Love this, though. Skepticism of a Jets QB, “You’re a troll with no substance!”

Be right, “You’re just playing the odds, duh. No credit!”

24 minutes ago, Mazz said:

Zach is a pile of hot steaming crap. He is worse in every way possible then any other QB in the NFL, CFL or XFL.. Jets are a in a whole heap of sh*t. Stop ******* the fans and get a vet QB and spend alot in free agency. Draft all D. and a few lineman. I cannot take this sh*t anymore this is dreadful and its losing fans not to mention anything to look forward to each week. We need to set the expectations to 9-8 and get people in the door that can make that happen.

If you are riding with Zach then you are a ******* fool.

Ohhh who let the gimp out of @jgbs basement? 

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What do we do?

The kid looks scared out there. You can’t fix that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Totally unexplainable.

I watched lots of his college tape and his accuracy was PINPOINT, coupled with a “Mahomes type, rocket arm that can make Any Throw from Any Angle”.  That was actually the argument that made him a supposed no brainer top of the draft pick, the accuracy was so impressive that it really didn’t matter who is competition was or will be.....a receiver gets open, even slightly...BANG...the ball is right there.  That’s the reason Chris Simms confidently projected him as the #1 pick in the draft, a sure thing, and not even a toss up when comparing him to Trevor Lawrence as to who to draft.

How do you go from completing close to 75% of your passes your Senior year, 30 TDs, 3 INTs....to missing unobstructed layups in your own backfield by a mile.  A 10 year old kid in his backyard can hit some of the throws he has missed, badly, this year.

A lot of it is psychological along with the Jets being one of the most cursed franchises in all sports history.

We’ve gone from “he can hit All Throws, Off Platform, from Any Angle”....to...”Can you just complete a Screen Pass?”

All of this.