Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

He is obviously talented, but has struggled with his mechanics and managing his energy in game. Just like BYU did before his last season there, challenge him by bringing in a vet to compete. 

If his experience in college showed anything its that he doesn't shrink in the face of competition. if he does, we have insurance. if he doesn't we have the guy we saw vs. tenessee more consistently and win a bunch. 

I see people mentioning “he’s obviously talented” quite a bit around here. 
Why, I don’t know. I’m seeing a kid who is comically inept on a football field.

I don’t blame Wilson for being bad, he is what he is. Joe Douglas though? He should be ashamed of this pick.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Remember last week when some of you were getting on him for bad throws, and then the all 22 was posted to prove that the bad throws were actually bad routes?  Same with yesterday. Yes, he had bad throws, it will happen every game. Maybe based on the lineup he was forced to play with the timing was off? Maybe the wrong routes were run, again? Maybe you're right, maybe Wilson is no good. But, at 22 years old, I'll give him some time. 

Now I need to make some money, enjoy the day

Dude can’t throw a simple screen pass in 9 NFL games and you’re worried about routes?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I guess you didn’t watch Trevor Lawrence throw 4 ints today. Give these rookies some time. Especially Zach who had a scrub set of offensive weapons today

Who cares about Lawrence ? He's probably going to suck ass as well. But just because Lawrence sucks it certainly does not make me feel better about Wilson

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

He is obviously talented, but has struggled with his mechanics and managing his energy in game. Just like BYU did before his last season there, challenge him by bringing in a vet to compete. 

If his experience in college showed anything its that he doesn't shrink in the face of competition. if he does, we have insurance. if he doesn't we have the guy we saw vs. tenessee more consistently and win a bunch. 

Yeah he's talented alright and his best attribute coming in was the deep pass which he has under thrown pretty much every time. Zach is a horror show .... The telling sign ...have you seen his mom in the news lately ? She jumped ship 5 weeks ago. or maybe she's Uncle Nicco

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seems there is alot you may not understand, because no one is "in a rush to be first".

Every single poster on this site wants Zach Wilson to come out and be a stud, because that is what would be best for the Jets.

Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL this year, it's an objective fact, and your objections to it being pointed out and discussed are irrelevant.

You know how Zach can shut us all up?  He can start completing wide open 4 yard dump-off passes to start with.  

It's called being honest and objective, and describing something as it is, not as we wish it will be some day, over the rainbow.  Some of us live in the reality of now, some of us live in fantasy of the future.

Zach Wilson is, without question, the worst starting QB in the NFL in 2021.  

No one knows what Zach will ultimately be, not me, not you, but starting your career as the worst QB in the NFL is NOT a normal route to greatness.  We can analyze what we've seen so far, and call it what it is.  

Great post But I know what he be. Number 2

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at suggesting Tua has played well. You pretty much lose all credibility when the Dolphins are pretty much ready to move on from Tua. Yet you lump him in with Herbert. Comical. 

It's like some of you just started watching football. 

Read my post again, closely this time…

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I see people mentioning “he’s obviously talented” quite a bit around here. 
Why, I don’t know. I’m seeing a kid who is comically inept on a football field.

I don’t blame Wilson for being bad, he is what he is. Joe Douglas though? He should be ashamed of this pick.

Every single player in the NFL is obviously talented, that's why they are in the league. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at suggesting Tua has played well. You pretty much lose all credibility when the Dolphins are pretty much ready to move on from Tua. Yet you lump him in with Herbert. Comical. 

It's like some of you just started watching football. 

70.9% Completion, 216 YPG, 12 TD to 6 INT in 8 games, in which he is 4-4.   96.1 QB Rate.

Not world-breaking by any measure for a 2nd year QB, but I'd be pretty happy if Zach Wilson was putting up a stat-line that looked like that in his 8 games.  Tua's durability seems to be his biggest problem at this point.  My brother, the Phins fan, loves him, and thinks the "ready to move on" talk is fan and media B.S.

Herbert this year is obvious better producing (and more durable) than Tua, no doubt, at 67.1%, 294 YPG, 30 TD and 11 INT w/ a 100.3 QB Rate.  That's top 10 QB territory.

As a comparison, Wilson, is 56.1%, 193 YPG, 6 TD to 11 INT in 9 games, in which he is 3-7.  A 65.3 QB Rate.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, maury77 said:

This was the Wilson game that scared the crap out of me as a prospect. He had to deal with constant pressure and faced good (for college) cornerbacks. This is a reasonable reproduction of what we mostly see this year. Everyone telling you Wilson had no accuracy issues in college is, frankly, wrong. 

Big time failure from the scouting department!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

I just want to add here that the vast majority of fans are not blindly defending Zach. We're upset/concerned of course, however, i'm not giving up on a rookie. Period. End of discussion. He gets until end of next year. If you can see the future at this point, congrats, but I can't. I want to be 100% certain he's not the guy. 2 seasons is not unreasonable to grant a rookie QB to see if he can develop.

I'm not completely giving up on him -- I don't think we really have a choice as hoping he improves is kind of what we're stuck with.

I just can't deal with the handful of homers who keep blaming the injuries at WR or blaming the line. He's just missing badly out there.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seems there is alot you may not understand, because no one is "in a rush to be first".

Every single poster on this site wants Zach Wilson to come out and be a stud, because that is what would be best for the Jets.

Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL this year, it's an objective fact, and your objections to it being pointed out and discussed are irrelevant.

You know how Zach can shut us all up?  He can start completing wide open 4 yard dump-off passes to start with.  

It's called being honest and objective, and describing something as it is, not as we wish it will be some day, over the rainbow.  Some of us live in the reality of now, some of us live in fantasy of the future.

Zach Wilson is, without question, the worst starting QB in the NFL in 2021.  

No one knows what Zach will ultimately be, not me, not you, but starting your career as the worst QB in the NFL is NOT a normal route to greatness.  We can analyze what we've seen so far, and call it what it is.  

Warfish just keeps hitting them out of the park. That line that I highlighted is exactly right. I HATE that I had to post a thread like this,. I WISH I could have posted one that said "Zach Wilson is Great! He's everything that we could have wanted or ever wished for at QB, but he's not, what he is is the line right after the one I put in bold letters  "the worst QB in the NFL this year".

I get no joy out of posting something so negative about the team that I can't stop myself rooting for. This was the year that my hopes were really much higher than they had been in a decade. I actually thought that Saleh was going to be a guy who knew defenses, and could inspire his team to play like some of the better teams in the league play. I actually predicted a 10 win playoff season1 Man was I wrong about that one too!

I hate to be a broken record but it just boils down to the cold hard fact that this is all about an owner who doesn't give a sh!t about the team that he owns. Right now if we were able to have a conversation with Woody Johnson I'll bet you he'd say that the thing he is most focused on is the upcoming election and the party that he is a part of, trying to win back control of Congress.

As for The Jets? To Woody Johnson it seems that they are nothing more than a hobbyhorse  for him to prance around on for a few months of the year. They are also act as a piggy bank that miraculously still fills itself up with the hard-earned money of the people who support this team year after year by buying season tickets and jerseys and programs and $1000 a year parking $10 beers and $6 hot dogs not to mention the 10-15 grand a year . They are the ones who are really being cheated. The best thing that could happen for this team would be for 30 thousand season ticket holders to NOT  re-apply for 2022 seats. Maybe then when they start LOSING money the Johnsons finally decide to sell this team and maybe we end up with owners who care MORE about football than they do about politics.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You and I are seeing the same things. The difference is it seems you think he’s salvageable.

I was on the let’s give this time train until yesterday (against my better judgement) but not any more. The kid is a bust.

JD isn’t any better. All we heard about this guy is how great he is at evaluating talent. All he’s shown is an ability to tear down a team. Think about how many bodies he’s brought in, and the hit rate on them. It’s abysmal.

Saleh is lost as a HC. Getting lost among yesterday’s sh**show is the terrible clock management at the end of the first half, and then kicking off after the late FG instead of trying an onside kick.

Anyone who sees this mess turning around with this group is hoping against hope right now. This is a failure on every level.

GM

CS

on field talent

Let me clarify this point. It's not that I think he's salvageable, it's that I don't possess in my hands 100% of the evidence I need to label him a total bust. Some of you clearly do, I don't. 

I, BY NO MEANS, am saying "be patient, he'll come around". I have zero evidence he will succeed, I just need to confirm that, beyond any doubt, he is a bust. To me, that means giving him at least 2 years to grow and go through a FULL off-season program. 

I'm ok with with bringing in competition next year and making him earn it. I'm not ok with drafting another qb in the upcoming draft or cutting/trading Zach. 

If this take makes me a "homer" or "delusional", so be it. I think it's a perfectly reasonable stance. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

That's cool.  Remember the Texans' and Eagles game when Wilson had a full complement of #Weppinz and still looked terrible?

If Wilson had actually played well in those games, this thread probably wouldn't exist.  This isn't a one-week anomaly for Wilson.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's cool.  Remember the Texans' and Eagles game when Wilson had a full complement of #Weppinz and still looked terrible?

If Wilson had actually played well in those games, this thread probably wouldn't exist.  This isn't a one-week anomaly for Wilson.  

So you think this is his ceiling? Will never get better? Are you done with him? 

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So you think this is his ceiling? Will never get better? Are you done with him? 

Every game that goes by where he can't complete the simplest of throws lowers his potential ceiling.  No QB in NFL history has ever struggled like Wilson has for his first 9 games (relative to his contemporaries; Steve Young was playing a completely different game so don't even bother with that argument) and gone on to success.  

People love to think that a rookie year is a complete wash, like year 2 is a blank slate.  It's not.  A QB's rookie year has to show more than just "flashes" for there to be hope that a kid can make it.  And this shouldn't be surprising.  The washout rate at QB is higher than nearly all professions on the planet.  Guys who start out sucking are very likely to continue sucking.

So while I wouldn't have a problem with giving him a shot in Year 2, I at minimum want the team to bring in legitimate competition so he isn't a lock to be the Week 1 starter.

I mean  draft another qb this year... who cares ... draft them until their is no question as to who your  starting qb is. 

But also who cares anyway.....  learn to enjoy burning your idols ... watching Zach not be the guy can be just as much fun as watching him become the guy.  You just have to squint a little and drink more.

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think it is pretty pathetic that some people are harassing this woman over her son playing poorly. She might be the biggest piece of sh!t on the planet (I have no idea) and Zach has played awful, but this is still a mother and her son. 

100%.

We are all within our right to complain that Zach Wilson sucks. But do it on Jetnation.com like a civilized human being and leave his poor family alone.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think it is pretty pathetic that some people are harassing this woman over her son playing poorly. She might be the biggest piece of sh!t on the planet (I have no idea) and Zach has played awful, but this is still a mother and her son. 

100% Agree.

What we derpy fans say here has no effect.  Zach sure as hell better not be here reading it, lol.

The millisecond you go past that, and start hassling players or their families in the real world....

Utterly and completely unacceptable, no matter how bad a player is.

If he murdered someone, a la that scumbag on the Raiders, maybe, MAYBE then.

Otherwise, come on man, leave the family out of it, lets all keep our views here at JN where it belongs.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If that happen the world would have exploded. Guessing Zach would have been a Bear and Fields a Pat? I would say Mac would be bad here, but after seeing Mike White run the offense I'm not all that sure. 

World would not have exploded. 4/5 NFL draft experts had Mac to SF at #3 in their final mock before the draft. Mac is only a marginal prospect who was a borderline mid-first-rounder is a mass Mandela Effect of false memory.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1