Where do you stand on ZW?

Where do you stand concerning Zach Wilson  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want to draft Zach Wilson @ #2 overall

2. 2. Do you think Zach Wilson is a franchise qb?

• Yes
    • No
    • It’s still early but I have faith he will become a very good qb
    • It’s still early but I’m very concerned with what I see
  3. 3. Should JD bring in a veteran next year to compete with ZW

4. 4. Would you move on from Zach Wilson

• No. it’s too early to tell and he needs more time
    • I’d Move on. I’ve seen enough

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Y’all are insufferable.

Trevor Lawrence with 4 picks today. Zach had none with his top 4 weapons out and Ty Johnson and Keelan Cole playing whack-a-mole with every pass thrown at them.

Just because Lawrence sucks, doesn't mean Zack doesn't.  At least you have three big years at Clemson to hang your hat on. Wilson very well could be a one year wonder. Every Saturday was a pro day for Zach at BYU. 

• Upvote 4

I know that the accuracy that everyone raved about hasn't been there all year. Even passes he hits are off target. Some of that may be due to the timing being off because he is always playing with different receivers but the missed short passes are scary bad. Just Hackenburg bad.

I mean I can understand when the kid is being battered because the oline is bad. If the kid is a little shook up ok I get it....but the line has been MUCH better and the kid just gets overly excited and chucks it who knows where.

I hate to bring this up but I'd swear that his ADHD is impacting his ability to be successful. He wasn't my choice in the first place but he hasn't played a whole year yet so I won't turn on him....yet.

I will say this, I told everyone Sam was a bum before we drafted him and I got ripped on here. I like this kid better and the team will never acknowledge it but I think the medical issue will always be a factor in how successful he can or could have been.

Time will tell.

#yips

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I was done with Darnold and ready to take a shot at a new QB. Of the guys available at #2 (I wanted Lawrence, still do), he was the one I'd pick but I had reservations. He hasn't done anything on the field all that well except for a few breakdown plays against the TItans, and I feel much worse about him than I did about Darnold at this point in their careers.

I don't think he's going to be here after JD and Saleh get axed in a few years, but I still think he should play--not just in the short term but next year as well. People want to bring up Rosen, but there's no Kyler Murray waiting in the wings for us. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

He's terrible but he shouldn't have been rushed on the field.  This idea you just throw a young QB who's not ready on the field with an expansion team to learn is an awful plan.  Not only that but the team was bailed out when he got hurt and could have corrected the mistake but they doubled down.  Bottom line is the kid is more of a project then advertised and isn't a 2nd overall pick.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He’s very likely going to crap out here, but I’m still giving him next year. 

nothing wrong with bringing in competition though 

Yes. If he is still is making the same lame throws,, with no touch, at the start of next year. He's a bust. Move on. Please.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great, Lawrence sucks, too.    I agree.   It does not change that Wilson looks horrible.  And not on complex issues.  Simple stuff like hitting wide open receivers, shorting throws, sailing balls, and generally making awful decisions.   IMO, the Wilson pick was a huge mistake and will set this franchise back another 2-3 years if we stick with him.

I know right? People telling us that the #1 pick is ALSO terrible does nothing to excuse JaMarcus Akili Smith Wilson for being just as bad. Plus had Wilson played every game he would easily be leading the league in INTs he's only 3 behind Lawrence now

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He has the tools but he is way too raw to be running an NFL offense with any consistency. He needs competition in the pre-season. The Jets have shown time and time again that they have no idea what they are doing, and it doesn't matter who the GM is. How many more QBs will this franchise ruin?

• Post of the Week 1

I was done with Darnold and ready to take a shot at a new QB. Of the guys available at #2 (I wanted Lawrence, still do), he was the one I'd pick but I had reservations. He hasn't done anything on the field all that well except for a few breakdown plays against the TItans, and I feel much worse about him than I did about Darnold at this point in their careers.
I don't think he's going to be here after JD and Saleh get axed in a few years, but I still think he should play--not just in the short term but next year as well. People want to bring up Rosen, but there's no Kyler Murray waiting in the wings for us. 
Agreed....let him play. He will either play better or play poorly enough for us to get his replacement.

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Thank you. This 100%. Im not surprised, its coming from a long time great poster.  

After every loss these predictably inane threads get thrown out there.  Zach didn’t lose us this game.  Defense gave up another 30.  Offensive skill players all played like sh*t. Mims has more mental mistakes than receiving yards, Ty Johnson 3 drops in a row (almost a seasons worth), Cole not coming through, etc

Zach is in his 9th game or something, he’s supposed to somehow will this pile of backups to victory by himself?  The kid isn’t coming unglued which is what another good prospect Trevor Lawrence is doing in Florida right now.  Circumstances matter.  I’m fine with Zach today.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

He has the tools but he is way too raw to be running an NFL offense with any consistency. He needs competition in the pre-season. The Jets have shown time and time again that they have no idea what they are doing, and it doesn't matter who the GM is. How many more QBs will this franchise ruin?
That doesn't apply here. They did NOT ruin him.

This is who he is.

After every loss these predictably inane threads get thrown out there.  Zach didn’t lose us this game.  Defense gave up another 30.  Offensive skill players all played like sh*t. Mims has more mental mistakes than receiving yards, Ty Johnson 3 drops in a row (almost a seasons worth), Cole not coming through, etc

Zach is in his 9th game or something, he’s supposed to somehow will this pile of backups to victory by himself?  The kid isn’t coming unglued which is what another good prospect Trevor Lawrence is doing in Florida right now.  Circumstances matter.  I’m fine with Zach today.
Haha you make some good points but TL is a bust. I can't say that enough when I saw him almost crying on the sidelines when Ohio state was whipping his ass and the coach has to console him DURING THE GAME I knew right their that the kid's mental make up was weak sauce. Zack despite his other issues is one tough bastardd.

• Upvote 2

We have to bring in someone. Whether it's a solid veteran, a superstar or another draft pick it would be just asinine to go into next season with Zach as the uncontested starter. Obviously Zach is going to be here but all signs point to him being terrible and Douglas and Saleh cannot possibly stake their jobs on him turning it around. 

It was stupid giving him the job this year but now that we've seen him it's even less excusable to do so next year. Sending Zach back in with no competition is the sort of sh*t that causes players to quit. 

• Upvote 3

He sucks.

Didn't want to draft him.  Wanted to keep Sam, build a better team.  Then if Sam still sucked, draft a rookie QB who'd then have a better team around him.

Not ready to give up on Zach though.  Just bench him until he can play football.  Hopefully by next year he's ready to play.

But bench him now.  He's just hurting the whole team.

I don’t think they are going to move on but it is pretty obvious JD and Saleh made a mistake in letting Flacco walk and letting Zach sit for the year and learn. 

I don’t think there is a QB out there worth drafting in the top 5 so hopefully JD and Saleh continue to build this team

• Upvote 1