Where do you stand on ZW?

Where do you stand concerning Zach Wilson  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want to draft Zach Wilson @ #2 overall

2. 2. Do you think Zach Wilson is a franchise qb?

• Yes
    • No
    • It’s still early but I have faith he will become a very good qb
    • It’s still early but I’m very concerned with what I see
  3. 3. Should JD bring in a veteran next year to compete with ZW

4. 4. Would you move on from Zach Wilson

• No. it’s too early to tell and he needs more time
    • I’d Move on. I’ve seen enough

23 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

To me, that's not about arm strength.  In fact, it maybe just the opposite.  It's the inability to be accurate when he's not putting 90%+ on his throws.

It's a stupid example, but I'll give it to you.  I play 3rd base and sometimes pitch for my Firm's slow pitch softball team.

When playing 3rd, I have no trouble throwing piss missiles to first without even thinking.  I just cock back, throw and 99% of the time it's chest high to the first baseman.  However, when I pitch and get a grounder back to me, I know the distance between me and the first baseman is way too close to fire one off.  But if I try to throw it overhand with decreased velocity it ends usually ends up 3 feet in front of the first baseman.  Call it the yips, call it whatever, I have trouble making that short toss with some touch.  Instead, I usually just run halfway to the base and underhand it to the first baseman.

I see the same thing with Zach.  He, for whatever reason, can't make those short soft toss plays.

So, you suck too? 

• Post of the Week 1

I didn't really want him at 2, but I can't say I was decisive in what I wanted.  I've actually seen things from him that made me understand why he went at #2 even if I didn't like him much.  2021 was as weird a draft as there has been.  I voted not to bring in a vet to compete with him because to me that "vet" sh*t is crap.  Bring in anybody, Bring back White and let the best man play.  I have had it with coddling these ****ers.  Sims got benched for Scott ******* Bruner and now those idiot Giants fans want him in the HOF.  Fight for it. If you want my $35M a year you'd better ******* earn it.

As for where I stand, for much of the year I'd have liked to stand on his neck.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't really want him at 2, but I can't say I was decisive in what I wanted.  I've actually seen things from him that made me understand why he went at #2 even if I didn't like him much.  2021 was as weird a draft as there has been.  I voted not to bring in a vet to compete with him because to me that "vet" sh*t is crap.  Bring in anybody, Bring back White and let the best man play.  I have had it with coddling these ****ers.  Sims got benched for Scott ******* Bruner and now those idiot Giants fans want him in the HOF.  Fight for it. If you want my $35M a year you'd better ******* earn it.

As for where I stand, for much of the year I'd have liked to stand on his neck.

Better late the never!