We are a complete disaster

33 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Wilson looks awful, but lets be honest, this entire franchise is atrocious.  This coaching staff is horrid, absolutely horrid. Lack of talent everywhere. As much as ZW doesn't look anything like a FQB, Saleh and his staff look equally awful

Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars coaching staff , and Justin Fields and the Bears coaching staff say hello

Just now, GangGreened said:

Both of those coaching staffs are likely out at the end of the season. Should we do the same?

What would be the point?

Woody and Chris seem willing to saw their own balls off with a butter knife before they would ever hire a proven HC/GM.

So we fire Saleh and Douglas and replace them with who? Tennessee’s OC and Cleveland’s director of player personnel?

The dipsh*t Johnson boys should’ve opened up their purses and threw the bank at Harbaugh before he reupped in Ann Arbor like many of us wanted.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The general acceptance of losing is what is the scariest part. Losing should never be part of the plan. All you're doing is building a culture that losses are acceptable.

I have never seen this level of delusion in a fanbase in my life...it's like some are being patient and positive in order to come off as more intelligent. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I have never seen this level of delusion in a fanbase in my life...it's like some are being patient and positive in order to come off as more intelligent. 

I've never seen a love affair with a front office who hasnt accomplished anything like this before. This fan base wanted idzik drawn and quartered after 2 seasons. But you got people accepting next season as a lost season already as acceptable.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

sadly, probably only way this gets better is if Johnsons get out

Yes. I lived in Tampa Bay for many years and the Bucs sucked chronically until Malcolm Glaser assumed ownership succeeding Hugh Culverhouse. It makes a difference. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars coaching staff , and Justin Fields and the Bears coaching staff say hello

So your defense of Wilson is that other QBs look like crap? With defenders like you, Zach doesn’t need critics.

Here’s the reality:
Rookie head coach + rookie OC+ rookie DC & rookie QB = a lot of ugly football . Oh let’s also add having the youngest starting roster in the NFL to the pile. I won’t add injuries to the list of excuses because all teams get them but one can argue that when you have so little roster depth like the Jets, the injuries just magnify all other issues.
All you guys asking for heads to roll, what did you REALLY expect this season?

Only sensible post in this disaster of a thread
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Here’s the reality:

Rookie head coach + rookie OC+ rookie DC & rookie QB = a lot of ugly football . Oh let’s also add having the youngest starting roster in the NFL to the pile. I won’t add injuries to the list of excuses because all teams get them but one can argue that when you have so little roster depth like the Jets, the injuries just magnify all other issues.

How could fans POSSIBLY expect ever having a team isnt awful. 

We must be taking crazy pills!

Look...

We are, by far, the youngest team in the NFL

We are, by far, the most injured team in the NFL

With that said....

JD's first draft was a complete disaster, really hinders the growth

JD's free agent signings have been bad

ZW looked awful today

Holes on this roster everywhere

But...

We have the most cap space in the NFL

We'll have 4 picks in the top 40 (5 in the 65)

Zach has only played 8 games

• Upvote 2

We certainly are not guaranteed to ever be a winner, but we have a right to be entertained. Jets football has been outright unwatchable for 5 straight years. Not just bad football, literally nothing to feel good about. It’s really awful and honestly I just don’t vest myself emotionally the way I used to. I’ve been through the worst of the 80’d and 90’s, this feels so much worse. Awful uniforms, awful stadium, awful management, awful team, awful drafts… literally nothing about this team is good right now

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That’s almost unfathomable to me

especially when you remember how much zone they play 

Two interceptions by defensive linemen as well. The Jets secondary has two. Neasman (who??) on a tipped pass and Davis had one on Tua on an overthrow.

There was way too much successful mass hypnosis going from the front office into the season.  Cool Aid central.

The talent level on the back end of the defense was and is a joke. We played too many rookies. Yes rookies need experience but moreover teams needs experienced dept players. Parcells always talked about how 'rookies will loose you games' when he wasn't harping on about the need for those mid tier veterans (blue collar/lunch pail/ blah blah).

This team looses its mojo too easily, there is a lack of leadership from coaching down through he roster itself. The offense played like a bunch of depressed love sick teenagers out there.

I was concerned about Zack Wilson's durability before the draft but it's not all on the kid, despite everything I think he has 'it'. He should have sat this year but he's nearly through a sh*t storm of a year.

The problem is the multitude of problems, roster depth, leadership, game preparation and overall talent level. Injuries happen but the fall off in talent on this paper thin roster is precipitous. 

Joe Douglas has to do better with roster depth. One or two big tickets free agents will not fix this. The defense is a colossal failure, Zach Wilson, the oline and wide receivers will be better in year two, if they make it through this year.

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

Yes. I lived in Tampa Bay for many years and the Bucs sucked chronically until Malcolm Glaser assumed ownership succeeding Hugh Culverhouse. It makes a difference. 

Didn't much of the Tampa misery of that era tie in with Culverhouse being a total Miser?  The Johnsons will NEVER pay a real HC.  That's now apparent.

12 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Here’s the reality:

You say this like it's an excuse and not another failing of the organisation.

Douglas chose to combine a young staff with a young roster. There are always veterans available. It has turned to sh*t and it's just another year where the Jets aren't competitive.

People expected progress. If Wilson is as bad as he looks then we've gone backwards. Douglas has to go. 

12 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Rookie head coach + rookie OC+ rookie DC & rookie QB = a lot of ugly football . Oh let’s also add having the youngest starting roster in the NFL to the pile.

Maybe this wasn’t the right way to go, with rookies everywhere and youth all around. Means that all have to work out for us to improve, and that is low odds. Some proven pieces might have been good.

There was one part of the sequence before the half that really just had me shaking my head in wonder / despair.

We're trailing 10-3. Have the ball. We know NO start the 2nd half with possession. Really need a score - ideally a TD, but at least a FG - to have a bit of momentum.

1st and 10 at the NYJ 36. Still have 3 TO's, just had the 2 minute warning. Plenty time to communicate at least 2, maybe 3, plays to make the best use of the time left.

We run it ... for 1 yard. 1 measly yard. Then we huddle up. Slowly. We break the huddle. Slowly. 30 seconds run off the clock. For one yard. We end up with one unused time out at half time. And a FG that we were fortunate to come away with.

Don't we run two minute drills? Don't we practice them? Don't we call more than one play at the 2 minute warning?

Don't we want to score? ?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't see how you don't get rid of this coaching staff. There isnt one positive thing I have seen from them that makes me think they have any hope of being good.

I honestly think LaFleur has done a nice Job....The OL learned the system and looks a lot better. Running game really picked up. He adapted after the bye week, play calling changed and when he's gotten quality QB play the offense looks good.

And he's been hindered by an a ridiculous amount of injuries...I really like LaFleur.

• Upvote 2