We are a complete disaster

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You say this like it's an excuse and not another failing of the organisation.

Douglas chose to combine a young staff with a young roster. There are always veterans available. It has turned to sh*t and it's just another year where the Jets aren't competitive.

People expected progress. If Wilson is as bad as he looks then we've gone backwards. Douglas has to go. 

Sorry but I disagree.

it’s not an excuse. That’s the plan that JD decided to embark on. It’s along term rebuild that hasn’t been done in decades. This year, he played his kids and he’ll know by end of the year who to keep, and who to flush. He’s got ample draft picks and salary cap galore to fill in the voids.

You obviously don’t think that the plan will pan out. You may be right, you may be gladly wrong. I’m confident that this will work out because for the very first time, the Johnsons are staying out of the decision making process and if we look at the mistakes of the past, many mistakes happened when Woody stuck his nose where it never belonged.

after a loss like that it's really hard to see the forest for the trees.  i hate to say it, but mike white may have had a better chance given all of the drops and poor throws by wilson but it's hard to say if they would've won.  the saints offense was just getting too much rushing and passing.  and the defense did register a few third down stops.

14 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sorry but I disagree.

it’s not an excuse. That’s the plan that JD decided to embark on. It’s along term rebuild that hasn’t been done in decades. This year, he played his kids and he’ll know by end of the year who to keep, and who to flush. He’s got ample draft picks and salary cap galore to fill in the voids.

You obviously don’t think that the plan will pan out. You may be right, you may be gladly wrong. I’m confident that this will work out because for the very first time, the Johnsons are staying out of the decision making process and if we look at the mistakes of the past, many mistakes happened when Woody stuck his nose where it never belonged.

He already punted last season - We heard then that he was flushing out the bad. He had even more cap space and draft capital - And yet here we are. You can't do this two years in a row. If he loses 10+ games again next year there's simply no justification for keeping him. We're bottoming out score differentials under him - It's as bad as it gets and there is no real sign of progress at all. At some point you need good players and you need to play competitively. His record speaks for itself - Who he's brought in, who he's passed on - It isn't good.

It's easy to spin the horrible football you're seeing into "growing pains" but that's just nonsense. There's no actual sign of growth outside of maybe 3/4 players on a roster of 53. The team isn't improving and there's no more franchise players now than there was in the group Douglas inherited. We had literally the exact same stuff being said under Idzik - Youngest roster in the league, most rookie contributors etc. - It wasn't a sign of promising youth it was a sign of bad players. That's what bad football generally is. 

There was absolutely no excuse to put Zach Wilson in this situation, surrounded by rookie coaches and young players. The kid was raw enough coming out of BYU and we didn't even give him a veteran presence in the QB room that could guide him. He's looked completely overwhelmed and is already looking like a long shot to make it even as a serviceable NFL player. This isn't a captain hindsight thing either - Lots of people highlighted this issue heading into the season. This is what is going to be thrown at Douglas next year when he's being evaluated and unless we turn everything around fast he deserves to go.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Both of those coaching staffs are likely out at the end of the season. Should we do the same?

Not because those two staffs may be gone.  One in Chicago has been a failure for 5, 6 seasons the other is not only less competent that our staff by a long shot its HC has embarrassed the franchise with Urbans bar video, public comments that left his team questioning him publicly, even his FQB.  

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sorry but I disagree.

I agree with you on most of what your saying.

The one key point of the plan taking root was to give Wilson all the reps he could handle to establish a base for 2022. The problem is I'm having serious doubts that Wilson will develop into anything more than a Danny Jones type QB. He has the physical attributes but his accuracy , poise under pressure and decision making is piss poor right now. Unless they can transform this kid in the offseason I'm not sure the 2022 plan takes flight with this QB under center. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Can't disagree.

There is very, very little reason for optimism right now.

Last year I kept saying "with a new HC and a new QB things could look very different."

Apparently with a new HC and new QB things can look just as bad -- maybe even worse. At least Gregg Williams had the defense looking like they had a pulse.

Yeah. Zero improvement anywhere. The one player who’s looked like part (Moore) has been frequently injured. After him, there’s really nothing else. Fant I guess could be a long term LT.

What exactly are the Jets doing?

15 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Here’s the reality:

Rookie head coach + rookie OC+ rookie DC & rookie QB = a lot of ugly football . Oh let’s also add having the youngest starting roster in the NFL to the pile. I won’t add injuries to the list of excuses because all teams get them but one can argue that when you have so little roster depth like the Jets, the injuries just magnify all other issues.

All you guys asking for heads to roll, what did you REALLY expect this season?

Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, it's a disaster of a franchise, but this year was always a flush. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Didn't much of the Tampa misery of that era tie in with Culverhouse being a total Miser?  The Johnsons will NEVER pay a real HC.  That's now apparent.

The Glasers new ownership led to the building of a new stadium and the hiring of Tony Dungy who took the Bucs 99% of the way there and then Gruden took them to a Super Bowl victory (ironically, over the Raiders). 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I think he gets 2022 as the year to turn things around

Oh he definitely does. I want him gone but I know it isn’t happening.

I just can’t see how this team competes next year. They can preach progress all they want, the results wont lie. Their biggest problem is Wilson. If he doesn’t improve to at least around average then this is going nowhere.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

I just can’t see how this team competes next year. They can preach progress all they want, the results wont lie. Their biggest problem is Wilson. If he doesn’t improve to at least around average then this is going nowhere.

even if wilson improves, the team won’t win more than 4 games with this run defense.  It’s one thing to see improvement in a qb, but to actually win you need more than that.  The jets as usual have so many needs that whoever they draft in the early rounds will inevitably leave many here lamenting they didn’t address other positions.  Multiple pass rushers and lbs, wrs, tes and OL.  What a mess.

47 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I agree. JD's success will come down to Wilson's improving next year. At least he had no INTs yesterday! lol

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sorry but I disagree.

Well so far

the decisions seem To suck