Finding some Positives from the Week 14 loss to the Saints

jetstream23

Well obviously an upgrade at kicker. The question is why did JD cut Amendola, sign Kessman then cut him and sign Pineiro. Why not just sign him in the first place a PK with NFL experience and some success. Instead of going with a guy in the middle of the season with no experience. Could it be because of money? Kessman signed at NFL rookie min which I think is 660. Pineiro isn’t a rookie and probably signed for 780. That’s 120K prorated but it’s still money. Was it really worth it considering? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Well obviously an upgrade at kicker. The question is why did JD cut Amendola, sign Kessman then cut him and sign Pineiro. Why not just sign him in the first place a PK with NFL experience and some success. Instead of going with a guy in the middle of the season with no experience. Could it be because of money? Kessman signed at NFL rookie min which I think is 660. Pineiro isn’t a rookie and probably signed for 780. That’s 120K prorated but it’s still money. Was it really worth it considering? 

I don’t think it was money, at least I hope not. I think JD is going for the grand slam (hidden gem) rather than a safer/known quantity.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t think it was money, at least I hope not. I think JD is going for the grand slam (hidden gem) rather than a safer/known quantity.

I know that money is a factor in retaining players on the roster and who to cut. One reason why the average NFL career is in the 3 plus year area. They will keep a new player with no league experience over someone with a few years time and give them the roster spot if they think comparable. In this case why not sign a vet when you’re replacing a rookie. But not that much money you could be right but the Jets obviously need a kicker who can produce. That was all our points yesterday. I wouldn’t play any kind of games with this position if anything overpay.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I know that money is a factor in retaining players on the roster and who to cut. One reason why the average NFL career is in the 3 plus year area. They will keep a new player with no league experience over someone comparable with a few years time and give them the roster spot if they think comparable. In this case why not sign a vet when you’re replacing a rookie. But not that much money you could be right but the Jets obviously need a kicker who can produce. That was all our points yesterday. I wouldn’t play any kind of games with this position if anything overpay.

Not saying it wasn’t money but how much can the difference really be? Assume both were on minimum contracts for their years of accrued seasons.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

You know things are f*cked when the greatest positive people can take is our QB throwing so badly he's missing everyone instead of just his receivers. 

He stinks badly in his young career. Odds of a turnaround not zero but growing longer by the day.