Breshad Perriman

ZachEY

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Oh my, you’ve fallen into such desperation trying to convince yourself of something that’s just not true. Let it go, Zach is terrible. He’s terrible because he’s terrible, no other reason.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

To be fair, Brady looked very off in the second half. There were a lot of passes that were behind. Not comparing the two, but ...

There was one play where the ball looked to far ahead of the receiver and Romo was like Brady is mad that the receiver didn't cut it off harder and then the pass would have been perfect. Again, not comparing the two, nor saying that is all that is going on, but I can see how some of these CFL players may be running the routes too shallow or high; it is a bad combo with a struggling QB and 3rd tier receivers who don't play often.

33 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Oh my, you’ve fallen into such desperation trying to convince yourself of something that’s just not true. Let it go, Zach is terrible. He’s terrible because he’s terrible, no other reason.

Says the guy that claimed that Trevor Lawrence is being held back by Urban Meyer, and if Meyer was gone Lawrence would turn it around

It's the same thing

Both QBs suck badly right now, and there's no 'but ifs' that work for one and not the other. Most of them don't work at all. 

I have seen no evidence right now that Wilson is playing any worse than a rookie QB not named Mac Jones. Lawrence threw 4 ints with a healthy receiver room. Zach threw 0 with Berrios being one of his top dudes. I'm not saying Zach could have played better with better receivers (Because his throws were mostly crap), but none of the other rookies are doing any better right now.

Says the guy that claimed that Trevor Lawrence is being held back by Urban Meyer, and if Meyer was gone Lawrence would turn it around
It's the same thing
Both QBs suck badly right now, and there's no 'but ifs' that work for one and not the other. Most of them don't work at all. 
I have seen no evidence right now that Wilson is playing any worse than a rookie QB not named Mac Jones. Lawrence threw 4 ints with a healthy receiver room. Zach threw 0 with Berrios being one of his top dudes. I'm not saying Zach could have played better with better receivers (Because his throws were mostly crap), but none of the other rookies are doing any better right now.

Thats not what I said at all. I said Trevor has a better chance of turning it around than Zach because Trevor is a multi tool QB that is football intelligent and has faced top level competition his entire career up to the NFL. In other words, he can do all the other things besides “off platform” throws. He just needs the game to slow down, which may be unlikely. Zach needs to learn the game in the first place before he can even think of having it slow down.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Hex said:

It's the same thing

I'm watching Fields right now. He did throw a bad pick but he also made some nice passes and none of his short ones looked like what Zach is throwing. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Thats not what I said at all. I said Trevor has a better chance of turning it around than Zach because Trevor is a multi tool QB that is football intelligent and has faced top level competition his entire career up to the NFL. In other words, he can do all the other things besides “off platform” throws. He just needs the game to slow down, which may be unlikely. Zach needs to learn the game in the first place before he can even think of having it slow down.

I see what you're saying

That said, so far Lawrence has proven to be just as much of a multi tool QB that is football intelligent as Wilson. You make a very good point about the competition though

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm watching Fields right now. He did throw a bad pick but he also made some nice passes and none of his short ones looked like what Zach is throwing. 

Yea, looks like he's having a pretty good game

Let's see what he looks like next week, because Zach looked good against the Eagles and then tanked against the Saints.

GB is a good defense though

Zac Wilson would have bailed on the pocket .5 seconds into that first read, and ran into the edge rush or rolled out and delivered an uncatchable sidearm bazooka.  Sometimes just calmly going through the reads and progressions gets you what seem like effortless TDs in this league.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

It's the same thing

You understand that point means nothing, right? 

The failure of others does not make Wilson better.

His peer group, his competition, is "NFL Quarterbacks", not "Rookie Quarterbacks".

If he wasn't ready to compete with NFL Quarterbacks, he shouldn't be starting.

Same for all rookies.

And right now, Zach Wilson is the worst starting NFL Quarterback in the league.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You understand that point means nothing, right? 

The failure of others does not make Wilson better.

His peer group, his competition, is "NFL Quarterbacks", not "Rookie Quarterbacks".

If he wasn't ready to compete with NFL Quarterbacks, he shouldn't be starting.

Same for all rookies.

And right now, Zach Wilson is the worst starting NFL Quarterback in the league.

I'm responding to those people who said Wilson was the wrong QB to pick in the draft, as there wasn't really anybody else who would do better.

I doubt Mac would do better, he's in a nice little system that allows him to quickly progress while winning with one of the best scumbags of all time

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The throw was behind him...but he caught it.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Great QB's make their own weapons.

Bad QB's always have excuses about not having any weapons.

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

2020: Our QB sucks because Breshad Perriman.

2021: Breshad Perriman is making the kind of grabs a QB needs to be successful.

Coincidence?  Nope.  Jets suck.  Talented players underperforming  all over the place.  

• Upvote 1