Cimini questions Saleh about team progress

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Would you have traded both first round picks from this year to get Sean Payton?   You would still have all of the current picks in 2022.    

Would I trade 2 first rounders for Payton? Maybe, but not a #2 overall pick (unless I knew you were going to use that pick on Wilson). 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, hawk said:

Can anyone honestly say that there hasn't been progress with our perceived core young athletes?  

Our offensive playmakers have been exciting to watch (Moore/Carter), and our young lineman looks good.  3 young athletes drafted this year.

We have a couple of defensive guys (Carter), and by all accounts Echols has flashed.

That's 5 draft picks this year, and possibly 6 if Wilson gets better, or at the very least competent.

What about Quincy Williams coming in?

What progress was everyone expecting?

What am I missing?

Being competitive.  We aren’t even competitive.  I bought into the hype and predicted 7-9 wins.  It took us 13 games to find a PK.  I mean really?

So, we are stuck with a mental midget at QB.  Our defense blows.  I just want to see progress.  The OL is playing better.  And Moore is a talent at WR.  Our backup QB is better than number 2.  Yet we don’t play him.

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Our defensive coordinator got blown out and said that wont ever happen again, and then proceeded to keep getting blown out on a weekly basis.

it's really hard to figure this out.  as many others have said using a cover 2 or defense that the players should all be familiar with could be used but they're sticking to whatever it is that saleh wants done differently.  they don't have the players and the ones they have haven't learned it, yet.  at this point we can only hope they get this turned around.  it doesn't seem to be happening this year.

10 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Being competitive.  We aren’t even competitive.  I bought into the hype and predicted 7-9 wins.  It took us 13 games to find a PK.  I mean really?

So, we are stuck with a mental midget at QB.  Our defense blows.  I just want to see progress.  The OL is playing better.  And Moore is a talent at WR.  Our backup QB is better than number 2.  Yet we don’t play him.

So what you are saying is there has been progress?  This season is and has always been about our core young guys progressing.  That is happening.

Cimini is actually a pretty decent reported with a fair bit of snark in him and he smacked Saleh in the chops. To be fair, it's his job.

It's Saleh's job to take it and push through which, IMO, is what he did.

I am much happier seeing the Jets try to build a winner from the ground up that going the retread route even if they screw up 40% of the time. 

On 12/13/2021 at 12:42 PM, Drums said:

I hate when he says the progress shows up on film. I get it but after hearing that every week, you have to start asking, then wtf did we just watch for 3 hours?

True, I suppose they do see progress in situations and at some point the game flow starts to impact the younger guys ability or something, getting tired too much thinking? I don't know frustration all over the place. yes our defense is bipolar has solid play and then is absent that side of the ball had the larger "?" coming into the season with all the young guys and injuries. 

Zach dirting balls to wide open players.... overthrowing wide open players.

These plays happen when we were still "in" the game, or game is early, and on down and distances where if Zach was even remotely close to accurate we could have either had a 1st down or a large play. Completely sucks the momentum and time for the defensive players to rest. What was our defense on the filed for in the first quarter, had to be like 11 minutes. its ridiculous. Yeah, we had players out with injuries, that's the NFL. 

Drops happen and I get that but when guys whiff on the easiest plays and we keep going 3 and out what do we expect the outcome to be.  Our offense is not a problem. Put anyone at QB, a guy that never started a game, a Josh Johnson type, a Joe "over the hill" Flacco and we look 180 degrees different.

Do we have young players, YEs. Will they make mistakes, yes. the biggest issue is our QB IMO and that is a huge issue. We all hope that the light switch flips on for the guy but damn it is so frustrating and leave little hope watching this stuff.