New Hughes pod, talks extensively Zach && Mims. Does Hysterical Mims drill imitation. Concludes Douglas is headed for the unemployment line

hmhertz

6 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Wow, nice job stripping the context from "Douglas is headed for the unemployment line". 

It was more like (approximately) "These top 2 picks in the upcoming draft, a chance to redirect the course of the franchise, it only works if he repeats the 2021 draft. If he repeats 2020 he is headed for the unemployment line. "

That is completely accurate.  Did you hear Woody say at the draft, in front of his own kids, that he knew more about Zach than his own kids?  He owns this. 

if I was Woody I would hire John Dorsey or Scot McCloughlan as a “special consultant” to call baloney on this draft.

I actually  think that JD overdelegated the 2020 draft to hangover people and it backfired.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

That is completely accurate.  Did you hear Woody say at the draft, in front of his own kids, that he knew more about Zach than his own kids?  He owns this. 

if I was Woody I would hire John Dorsey or Scot McCloughlan as a “special consultant” to call baloney on this draft.

I actually  think that JD overdelegated the 2020 draft to hangover people and it backfired.  

Building relationships with college programs and getting legit info on a players dedication, practice habits etc are like 90% of mastering the draft process. A player will show you who he is during practice at any level. As Hughes pointed out Rhule coached Mims in college and didnt want anything to do with him.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

AVT is the only player currently contributing. Moore has looked good when on the field, but this is already his second injury and we probably wont see him again this season. Carter as a back should be a keeper but we need to see more. (Sub 4.0YPC) 

The rest are likely fodder.

If you stack a few drafts together like say Dallas or Tampa then you can brag. The Jets have still yet to hit on a true difference maker like Lamb, Diggs, or Parsons. Have higher expectations for guys making millions of dollars to watch and pick football players with every resource known to man at their disposal. Why cant the Jets hit on a blue chip pass rusher or play maker? Like ever?

I lean negative but this is over negative.  The 2021 draft had produced a lot of players who will contribute going forward. One of Nas or Sherwood, if not both, will start.  

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I lean negative but this is over negative.  The 2021 draft had produced a lot of players who will contribute going forward. One of Nas or Sherwood, if not both, will start.  

Witht he state of the roster a lot of guys contribute by default. Ashtin Davis is contributing but he is clearly a terrible football player. Didnt Sherwood tear his achilles? Who is Nas? 

I watched the first half of the video, about Wilson, but stopped before they got to Mims.

So far tonight I’ve heard Esiason and Hughes talking about Wilson. This isn’t looking good according to both.
It’s now mid December, and the most alarming thing was when Hughes asked, is there one thing Wilson does that makes you feel good about him going forward? He said no.

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Witht he state of the roster a lot of guys contribute by default. Ashtin Davis is contributing but he is clearly a terrible football player. Didnt Sherwood tear his achilles? Who is Nas? 

I think some of this is that the team is poorly coached by poofs who aren’t trying to win. It’s hard to grade the talent when they’re all quite clearly playing for 2023. It doesn’t mean that the players aren’t busts, but I don’t think anyone is playing particularly hard this season.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

One other thing: Hughes says that Wilson threw incredibly accurate deep balls in college and his improvisational stuff was great blah blah blah, and in his Mims rant, he says that Mims was drafted specifically because Gase wanted big-bodied vertical receivers who can get down the field and high-point the ball. BUT, LaFleur’s offense features a largely horizontal passing game that requires precise route running and short, quick passes, which is clearly not the strength of either Mims or Wilson. So who’s at fault here? 

Sounds to me like Douglas sold Saleh/Lafleur a bill of goods on Wilson and they went along with it.  He found Wilson’s upside tantalizing, wanted him, and sold the coaches that he’s really a “perfect fit”.  

I actually hope that’s correct, because the alternative is nobody in the building has a clue of what they’re doing.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds to me like Douglas sold Saleh/Lafleur a bill of goods on Wilson and they went along with it.  He found Wilson’s upside tantalizing, wanted him, and sold the coaches that he’s really a “perfect fit”.  

I actually hope that’s correct, because the alternative is nobody in the building has a clue of what they’re doing.

I think it was Pauline who offered that Saleh wasn’t sold on Wilson in the draft, but settled on him anyway at the pro day. I’m guessing what happened is that you had these cocky first-time coaches thinking they could just make it work whoever was here because they’re such great leaders and their schemes were fool-proof: Lots of square pegs on this roster for the systems they're trying to run, and the coaches are just like, “deal with it, bitches.”

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Green hat said:

How so? AVT, Moore, MC1, MC2 are EXCELLENT picks. Echols and Sherwood are quality depth. Nas, Pinnock, Marshall may also contribute. Best draft we've had in many years. Overrated?? You stack a few drafts like this together and the Jets are  loaded. After so many years of sh*tty drafts, I think some fans don't even know what a great draft looks like. 

Nas, Pinnick Marshall are you serious? 

Nas got abused, pinnock wouldnt be on another team

who the **** is marshall

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well, we have had 3 guys run this offense ok and then we have Zach. Holy hell. 

Yep. They couldn't wait to shut down the Mike White show. 

The Flacco start never made sense to me. Saleh desperate for a win mostly. 

But you are right. It's been night and day with backups and Zach. That is just......sad

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

But you are right. It's been night and day with backups and Zach. That is just......sad

I think the Flacco start had a lot to do with the Dolphins pass rush. Coaching staff saw Mike White get shit  down ahaibst Buffalo and an intense pass rush isn’t anything they wanted Zach involved with coming off the injury. Flacco wasn’t about winning it was about surviving. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I called the kid a bust on Sunday, I’ve seen enough.

Now today I watch video of Hughes and Esiason saying basically the same thing, Jonny they’re  avoiding the B word.

Wilson was a mistake, and I think the team knows it. It’s just a question of when JD admits it and the Jets pull the plug.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I called the kid a bust on Sunday, I’ve seen enough.

Now today I watch video of Hughes and Esiason saying basically the same thing, Jonny they’re  avoiding the B word.

Wilson was a mistake, and I think the team knows it. it’s just a question of when JD admits it, and the Jets pull the plug.

I’m not at bust yet. Want to see the final 4 games. 

But will say this, Sam Darnold looked much better his rookie year. 

I literally have seen nothing I can hang my hat on with Zach yet. I’m beyond floored with how bad he has been. Even his completions aren’t crisp 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think the Flacco start had a lot to do with the Dolphins pass rush. Coaching staff saw Mike White get sh*t  down ahaibst Buffalo and an intense pass rush isn’t anything they wanted Zach involved with coming off the injury. Flacco wasn’t about winning it was about surviving. 

White shoulda got that start. Flacco won’t be on this team next year. White May be. 

It was one of many dumb Saleh decisions this year 

• Upvote 1