So this WFT "thing" is probably going to blow up, and that isn't going to make Goodell look good

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-washington-football-team-staffers-210513246.html

Ex-Washington Football Team staffers say owner Dan Snyder used private investigators to try to stop them from cooperating with an NFL investigation into sexual misconduct claims

Kelly McLaughlin
Tue, December 14, 2021, 4:05 PM·1 min read

• Ex-Washington Football Team employees told the Washington Post that owner Dan Snyder tried to interfere with an NFL investigation into sexual misconduct claims.

• The staffers said investigators working for Snyder would show up at their houses and contact friends and family. 

• They say the moves were an intimidation tactic to keep the former employees from speaking.

Several former Washington Football Team employees say that investigators working for owner Dan Snyder tried to stop them from cooperating in an NFL investigation into sexual misconduct claims within the team's workplace, according to a report from The Washington Post

The employees reportedly told The Post that they believe Snyder employed intimidation tactics by having investigators show up at their homes, contact their friends and families, and reach out to their lawyers amid the NFL investigation. 

Snyder also filed petitions in court to identify former employees who had spoken to NFL investigators, according to The Post.

The NFL ultimately fined the Washington Football Team $10 million after its investigation, led by DC Attorney Beth Wilkinson, found that the workplace culture was improper.

Snyder himself was a subject in the investigation. He was directly accused in a sexual misconduct suit filed in 2009, and The Post previously reported that the team paid $1.6 million to settle the suit and keep it confidential.

Wilkinson and the woman who accused Snyder of misconduct told The Post in its recent report that Snyder offered the woman money to prevent her from being interviewed in the investigation. 

offered the woman money to prevent her from being interviewed in the investigation. 

NFL owernship, with a few exceptions, are ethically challenged sociopath's.  How do you think they got to where they are?  Woody, who never needed to cheat, was involved in near criminal real estate deals and fraudulently tried to scam the IRS on cap gains he used to buy the Jets.  

How do you think Kraft got the tapes of him getting a tug job destroyed?   Goddell destroyed the tapes of the Pats cheating.  

This is SOP for the NFL owners and Goddell is a highly paid lackey of the owners.   Snyder is the worst of the worst but I wouldn't doubt for a moment that he wouldn't try and intimidate the league and other owners if his pale face and scalp was on the line.  

• Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What makes you think Goodell's replacement will be any better or different? 

Exactly.  The commissioner is an employee of the owners.  He’s there to maximize their profits and look out for their interests.  He isn’t a steward of the game looking out for the best interests of everyone involved.   

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Got one you're partial to, fish?

Washington Warthogs was my favorite, with a nasty Tusked Pig logo. 

Plays into the ol' Hogs (80's O-line), and football in general (Pigskin) and is appropriately animal based (no one to offend who matters) and "football mean".

Which is why it'll never happen.  I expect the worst outcome, I always do with this local Football team.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Plays into the ol' Hogs (80's O-line), and football in general (Pigskin) and is appropriately animal based (no one to offend who matters) and "football mean".

Which is why it'll never happen.  I expect the worst outcome, I always do with this local Football team.

I know the feeling.

200.gif

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I’d say Farthogs, with a flatulence cloud propelling them forward on the logo, 

26 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The initials WFT by itself do nothing for me, but I dunno The Washington Football Team just sounds so stately to me 

I find it's a love/hate with that name, even here locally where it does have some solid support as a permanent choice.

And it doesn't flow at all. 

Who do you root for, the "Wooft's"?  "The Team"?  Just leave it at "Washington"?  I mean really?

And don't get me started on WFT's similarity to WTF, lol.

Honestly, I just don't get it.  It's literally the football version of these:

49465866058_ebe8e3d97c.jpg

POfHfU1bAa2bjQBZQACgnKsWS6zPmrAL0kUPcAo=

What do YOU drink.....

"The Beer".