OT: Mayfield and Stefanski test positive for COVID

slimjasi

22 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I read that the Jets are doing all their meetings virtually this week. The only time they will actually be in person with each other will be on the plane ride to Miami.
Not like they needed another excuse to suck , just saying…

I looked into this.  They are doing in person practices but all meetings are remote.  Better but probably not enough to make the slightest difference anyhow.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The COVID factor will be a major wildcard to watch come playoff time. There will be some team that loses a star or multiple key players to the COVID protocols. 

They’re going to end up tweaking the protocols for vaccinated players, presuming nobody dies. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, I happen to agree with you. Just a hunch tho. 

Yeah I know from the beginning the union wanted frequent testing but I have to imagine that they didn’t anticipate this many breakthrough cases. Or if you want to be cynical they wanted to kneecap the season to piss off Goodell.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah I know from the beginning the union wanted frequent testing but I have to imagine that they didn’t anticipate this many breakthrough cases. Or if you want to be cynical they wanted to kneecap the season to piss off Goodell.

It looks to me like the NFL and NBA both underestimated how many cases they would have. The NBA season is teetering on disaster because of how many guys are testing positive. Games have already been postponed. They will definitely have to do something. 

The NFL can probably tweak things for the playoffs, but they are still in a tricky situation

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I read that the Jets are doing all their meetings virtually this week. The only time they will actually be in person with each other will be on the plane ride to Miami.
Not like they needed another excuse to suck , just saying…

A lot of teams are doing the same thing with meetings.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Browns decimated. Making me seriously consider picking up the Raiders D in fantasy playoffs ...

Patrick Mahomes has had by far his best games against the Raiders D, twice. The only defenses I would want less on a fantasy team is Atlanta's and the Jets'

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

Patrick Mahomes has had by far his best games against the Raiders D, twice. The only defenses I would want less on a fantasy team is Atlanta's and the Jets'

Yea I know the Raiders defense sucks but look at everyone out for the Browns including their head coach. Case Keenum isn't exactly Patrick Mahomes.

• Upvote 2

On 12/15/2021 at 1:30 PM, Matt39 said:

why would the players union do something like that?  it hurts Football's revenues (to kneecap the season) and eventually their revenues.

dumb 

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why would the players union do something like that?  it hurts Football's revenues (to kneecap the season) and eventually their revenues.

dumb 

Supposedly omicron is more contagious but less severe. Seems like it's maybe time to dial back the overkill on this thing for professional athletes. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, T0mShane said:

They’re going to end up tweaking the protocols for vaccinated players, presuming nobody dies. 

This is happening. Looks like their ditching the two negative tests for asymptomatic vaccinated players.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32883210/nfl-new-covid-19-rules-include-changes-return-play-protocols-return-intensive-restrictions

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jaylen Waddle is on the covid list, the jets getting some breaks, most of their rbs wee on the list as well.

With the terrible OL that Miami has, Tua could be in for a rough day as we get healthier on defense. I'm mostly worried about Zach falling for the traps that X and Byron will be laying out there for him

• Upvote 1