The London Jets are here

Matt39

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

In all seriousness, how did they decide who gets which country/ countries? Did the teams bid for these marketing rights, or were they randomly awarded?

Likely based on merchandising revenues and other "connections" (like Woody). 

Al it will likely mean game wise is that a Jets game will be in London rather than Germany or elsewhere. It won't lead to more games overall.

And I think Mangold liked London on his last visit so he'll get to be the "face of the franchise" abroad. Good for him. :-) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

We must hate the Brits.  First we kick their ass in 1776 and now we send them the Jets?

RLLOL!  POTM nominee.

As for moving to the UK?   Over the years, I've said that the Jets moving away from NY/NJ would finally give me the impetus to finally walk away.   Do it, Woody.   Please.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

RLLOL!  POTM nominee.

As for moving to the UK?   Over the years, I've said that the Jets moving away from NY/NJ would finally give me the impetus to finally walk away.   Do it, Woody.   Please.

Be careful what you wish for… It’s not that easy to dump the Jets, munch.

I moved out of the NY area 10 years ago, and yet here I am. ?

Im thinking if they played in London every Sunday morning I’d follow them even more closely. Every game would be televised into my market, and I’d be able to watch in the morning, then enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Be careful what you wish for… It’s not that easy to dump the Jets, munch.

I moved out of the NY area 10 years ago, and yet here I am. ?

Im thinking if they played in London every Sunday morning I’d follow them even more closely. Every game would be televised into my market, and I’d be able to watch in the morning, then enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

Exactly what my wife said.   I know I'm not going anywhere.  No way to quit a "substance" I've been mainlining since 1965.  Just feels good to say it once in a while.  lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t like eggs, and I’m not a breakfast guy, other than coffee.

I think I could get into bangers and mashed though. Same goes for chicken and waffles, but I digress…

First time I had chicken & waffles was in L.A. back in the 80s.  Never heard or contemplated the concept before then.  As someone who normally does not like sweet and savory together, for some reason, that just clicked with me.   The maple syrup blending in with the chicken batter?  Crazy good.

And Italian sausage with mashed potatoes was a staple in my home growing up.  I still make it.   My son would eat that dish every day.

• Upvote 2