The London Jets are here

Matt39

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Everyone knows the effect long travel times and jet lag have on a football team so what does our Idiot owner do ??

If he was in front of me I'd slap him down

This has no bearing on playing more games overseas ... it's a marketing gimmick. Letting us UK Jets fans travel to London to watch Jets games together, waving Nick Mangold at us from time to time. Yay us.

If anything it means that, as games get scheduled in Germany and elsewhere, the Jets will still play in London for their once-in-eight-years "home" game. Germany is +1 hour vs UK.

It's also not just the Jets, pretty much every team is involved.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Xtina said:

At LEAST one every eight years. Sign me up!!!!!

There are a lot of words there, that don’t really mean much. 
I wonder if this is a precursor to moving the team there. 

Every team was awarded rights for international marketing in other countries as a "home region". It's Goodell dictating to the world which teams other countries get told they can root for—but really its territorial expansion from a marketing standpoint.

I would guess 100% that the owners that lined the right pockets were awarded the regions where data suggests higher affinity and spend for the NFL in general. Everyone else got places like India and China.

If the Jets or Jags are moved, it'll be more for isolated reasons.

All that said... Our best case scenario as Jets fans is for Woody to sell to some rich European. At that point, the team is remade and becomes respectable and a joy to root for — or it's more of the same and the location change gives us a pass on ending our relationship with this dog's ass franchise and we get to pick new teams!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Lith said:

Fine print says one London game at least every 8 years.  Looks like nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Don’t spoil everyone’s crybaby fest! ?

One of the reasons the extra game was added was for an international presence… everyone calm down.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Don’t spoil everyone’s crybaby fest!
One of the reasons the extra game was added was for an international presence… everyone calm down.
I said it before .. this is the birth of the eu division ... NY jets will be the London Jets by 2030.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

We must hate the Brits.  First we kick their ass in 1776 and now we send them the Jets?

Well, we didn't exactly kick their ass, but we did wear them down. Still got a belly laugh though. The only thing the Jets need now is a Greek letter. The Brits will need to wear masks and social distance just to see them play.

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Everyone knows the effect long travel times and jet lag have on a football team so what does our Idiot owner do ??

If he was in front of me I'd slap him down

Didn't realize at first this was league wide .... But in that case its a dumb ass league wide decision as these travel times do take a toll on players and with all the injuries we have seen this year you can expect it to get worse because players that a fatigued or tired due to excessive travel are certainly prone to injury. We've seen it with the effect east west coast trips have on players for years so what does the stupid ass NFL think these longer trips will do ? Obviously its the Money this generates and that's transcends the so called concern about Injury it presents

How could we get rid of Woody Johnson. Let me count the ways, probably none unless he decides to sell the team. But here is an improbable kind of theory, not going to happen but just thought I'd toss it out. A few years back there were rumors the Jets were going to move to LA. It was a market with no teams and these were just rumors. It was around the time the Jets were exploring building their own stadium on the West Side after Woody bought the team. We all know that new stadium in Manhattan went nowhere and Woody settled on sharing Met Life with the Giants. So what if Woody decided to move the team to London. And then the league awarded New York an expansion franchise. And like the Browns after they moved to Baltimore gave the naming rights to the expansion team so there would be a New York Jets without Woody. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Every team was awarded rights for international marketing in other countries as a "home region". It's Goodell dictating to the world which teams other countries get told they can root for—but really its territorial expansion from a marketing standpoint.

I would guess 100% that the owners that lined the right pockets were awarded the regions where data suggests higher affinity and spend for the NFL in general. Everyone else got places like India and China.

If the Jets or Jags are moved, it'll be more for isolated reasons.

All that said... Our best case scenario as Jets fans is for Woody to sell to some rich European. At that point, the team is remade and becomes respectable and a joy to root for — or it's more of the same and the location change gives us a pass on ending our relationship with this dog's ass franchise and we get to pick new teams!

These are the 2 most populated countries on the planet.

I was shocked that only one team wanted rights to China. I was not surprised that one team was the Rams. They have an actual visionary as an owner.

The Rams have rights not only in China, but Mexico and Australia too (also the only team there).

That's called having a long view. If the NFL ever becomes half as popular in China as the NBA is, it's a license to print money. UK has prestige, but as a market, it's not nearly the opportunity those other markets provide.

• Sympathy 1

These are the 2 most populated countries on the planet.
I was shocked that only one team wanted rights to China. I was not surprised that one team was the Rams. They have an actual visionary as an owner.
The Rams have rights not only in China, but Mexico and Australia too (also the only team there).
That's called having a long view. If the NFL ever becomes half as popular in China as the NBA is, it's a license to print money. UK has prestige, but as a market, it's not nearly the opportunity those other markets provide.

Unless UK becomes UK/IRL/FRANCE/BELGIUM/ITALY .. i agree

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk