So Deon Sanders just stole the #1 recruit from FSU?

Beerfish

It's pretty baffling to me.

1) In terms of NIL there's no chance he can make the same kind of scratch in FCS than he could make at Florida State (or any P5 school)

2) Playing at that level really hurts him from an NFL draft perspective. You just won't have film of him playing at the highest levels.

I'm guessing it's kind of a "take the power back" move to commit to an HBCU but it seems like a massive mistake for the young man unless I'm missing something.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Unless he gets hurt, this kid is still going to be a  high first round draft pick. He’s by far the most ready to play right away in the entire class. 

But very risky, when you do not play vs top flight players in college how do you really evaluate?  Oh there are the outliers but there is also risk

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Unless he gets hurt, this kid is still going to be a  high first round draft pick. He’s by far the most ready to play right away in the entire class. 

How can you know that for sure? There have been high five star players who never really materialize. Especially at a position like CB. Seems like a massive, massive gamble to spend a high first on a player like that.

32 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1) In terms of NIL there's no chance he can make the same kind of scratch in FCS than he could make at Florida State (or any P5 school)

2) Playing at that level really hurts him from an NFL draft perspective. You just won't have film of him playing at the highest levels.

I'm guessing it's kind of a "take the power back" move to commit to an HBCU but it seems like a massive mistake for the young man unless I'm missing something.

He's going to probably make over $1 million his 1st year on campus as a non QB. From a talent standpoint he's the truth. What ever WR comes out the 2024, 25 and 26 draft, odds are he's already has tape against them through the amateur camps. But that's sort of a mute point as prospects progress and regress after HS. If I were him I would ask to play both ways. But great get for conference. 

Edit: I didn't scroll all the way down but someone has insisted he's being paid $1M to play for the program. Dam! So you know more is coming. He'll probably make $2M at the age of 18 when it's all said and done.

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If you want to play corner back in the NFL why wouldn’t you want to learn from Deion Sanders?  

Learn all you want of you are up against joe shmo for your whole career you are in for an awakening when you meet real WRs.

Also ajou ajou just transferred from clemson, to south florida is he a big loss for you guys or is it meh?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Learn all you want of you are up against joe shmo for your whole career you are in for an awakening when you meet real WRs.

Also ajou ajou just transferred from clemson, to south florida is he a big loss for you guys or is it meh?

Ajou Ajou suffers short term memory loss as in he forgets what play is called in the huddle.  He just can’t run the right routes or make the proper read.   The coaches were beyond frustrated.  Jeff Scott was familiar with him during his recruitment, not surprised he ended up with him at USF.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Ajou Ajou suffers short term memory loss as in he forgets what play is called in the huddle.  He just can’t run the right routes or make the proper read.   The coaches were beyond frustrated.  Jeff Scott was familiar with him during his recruitment, not surprised he ended up with him at USF.  

Sounds like Mims.

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

There are tons of players in the NFL who didn’t play at power 5 programs.  Plus, has anyone seen what Deion has been doing at Jackson State?   Pretty impressive. 

There's a difference between Power 5 and FCS. What percentage of NFL players played at the FCS level or lower? I'm willing to bet it's pretty small.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He's going to probably make over $1 million his 1st year on campus as a non QB. From a talent standpoint he's the truth. What ever WR comes out the 2024, 25 and 26 draft, odds are he's already has tape against them through the amateur camps. But that's sort of a mute point as prospects progress and regress after HS. If I were him I would ask to play both ways. But great get for conference. 

Edit: I didn't scroll all the way down but someone has insisted he's being paid $1M to play for the program. Dam! So you know more is coming. He'll probably make $2M at the age of 18 when it's all said and done.

Yeah, I posted that before someone noted he was getting paid by Portnoy.

This is a special situation but obviously the NIL money at an FCS program is essentially nothing vs. a major program.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Sounds like a Joe Douglas guy.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Only thing your missing is the Charlatan Deon probably selling the kid that nobody can marker him the way he will be able to ??‍♂️