Worse than the Gase era

Mazz

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nothing was worse than last season for me. 

Being 0-10, 0-11, 0-12, etc. and having to root against the Jets was just torture. The blowout losses. The evisceration of Darnold's confidence before our very eyes. ugh. Just terrible. 

Beating the Rams felt like a crushing playoff defeat in the moment to top it all off. What an upside down season it was.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I didn't have to, and to be honest, I didn't fully. But I also thought it made sense . . . 

But it felt like a huge moral struggle and I felt dirty and I hated it. That's the point. 

I guess my point being, you already know we're always going to suck, so why waste your time rooting for losses during the misery. 

And for those that truly did root hard for the losses, how dumb do they feel now?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I guess my point being, you already know we're always going to suck, so why waste your time rooting for losses during the misery. 

And for those that truly did root hard for the losses, how dumb do they feel now?

I’m fine with the decision.  I got some good laughs out of it along the way.  And in my mind, we went 14-2!  Not too shabby.  Just sucks we ended up drafting a bust at QB.

Nothing we do impacts the W-L record, so let people fan how they want.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Why would people feel dumb now for rooting for the top pick right now? Both Lawrence and Wilson are off to bad starts, so it's not like things have worked out "better" for the Jets so far. I genuinely don't see why anyone should feel dumb about that. 

Just now, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

For the record I did not think gase was a great coach. However, the hate that man received was unworldly. People would have blamed him for WW2 if they could have. The urban Meyer situation is worse than gase ever was and isn’t receiving nearly the full attention  

Gase definitely received a disproportionate amount of hate, so I sort of agree. I think a lot of people hated his demeanor, which was a bit unfair at times. 

But I'm not sure about the bolded - Urban Meyer is taking it on the chin everywhere you turn. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gase definitely received a disproportionate amount of hate, so I sort of agree. I think a lot of people hated his demeanor, which was a bit unfair at times. 

But I'm not sure about the bolded - Urban Meyer is taking it on the chin everywhere you turn. 

Agreed that Meyer is taking heat now, but in the beginning of his tenure when he hired a guy with a questionable past, people would have jumped at the bit way worse here. Could be a ny media attention thing more than a person thing in retrospect 

2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

As an aside Licata should be paired up with someone on the midday show. He gets the old school pro-wrestling-like FAN schtik that has become a lost art these days. Tierney and Tiki is a disaster waiting to happen. 

Agree on Tiki and Tierney.  Not sure I even like Licata though.  Somehow WFAN might have even less talent than the Jets do.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

When you are in the media, you get to pontificate about nothing and be wrong 90% of the time and then just move on to other things when you are proven wrong. Everyone kinda knows you are just throwing sh*t against the wall in the first place. 

I mean some people know that but plenty of people take these guys seriously...it's pretty evident by the amount of threads started about media members and even random Twitter users. lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Why would people feel dumb now for rooting for the top pick right now? Both Lawrence and Wilson are off to bad starts, so it's not like things have worked out "better" for the Jets so far. I genuinely don't see why anyone should feel dumb about that. 

I'm talking about last season. 

They rooted hard for the losses to get a top pick, and we see where that got them. 

7 hours ago, jgb said:

I have to believe Tom is assuming his Loki-esque role when it comes to Gase. He's way too smart to believe it.

Gase managed the controlled demolition of a condemned office tower and everyone got mad about it for some weird reason. Everyone wanted Rhule, but nobody was winning with Darnold, Leveon Bell’s corpse, Robby Anderson, and Breshad Perriman. They blamed Gase for everything and you know why they did it? Because Manish Mehta told them to. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No difference.

Gase was an offensive coach that ran a ridiculously terrible offense

Saleh is a defensive coach that runs a ridiculously terrible defense

Other than Gase ran the offense and was the teams OC

and Saleh doesnt run the teams defense and isnt the DC

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is wrong. Dowell Loggains was the OC.

Thats a loose definition of the title 

Loggains stood on the sideline without the plays while Gase had the chart in his hands and claimed that Loggains was calling them.  Memories

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats a loose definition of the title 

Loggains stood on the sideline without the plays while Gase had the chart in his hands and claimed that Loggains was calling them.  Memories

Hang on……………………..

Are you telling me that there are times where the duties of a head coach and a coordinator (on the side of the ball in which that head coach specializes) overlap to the degree that the head coach is really just the de facto coordinator? 

I'm not going to lie, I was one of the few who didn't hate the Gase hire. He checked all of the boxes for what the team was looking for at the time.

That said, I get why he was fired. His number one job was to develop Darnold. Granted I was telling everyone before he was drafted that Darnold was going to be bad, but yeah it was all Gase's fault.

And I'll be honest, I'd be fine with the Jets cleaning house again. I'm tired of all the lost seasons, and Saleh looks like another flash in the pan coordinator who sucks as a head coach.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hang on……………………..

Are you telling me that there are times where the duties of a head coach and a coordinator (on the side of the ball in which that head coach specializes) overlap to the degree that the head coach is really just the de facto coordinator? 

Nah, never

12 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I mean… Gase wasn’t really a bad coach.

We also don’t know if Saleh is a bad coach. 

We do know that last year’s team had no talent and went 2-14. This team has slightly more talent and is currently 3-10. 

It’s all on the shoulders of Mike Maccagnan and increasingly on the shoulders of Joe Douglas. If Douglas panics and starts building like Mac in 2015 then we’ll know it’s probably over for JD as a GM.

this team has a lot more talent but there is too much new.