Ashton Davis

Beaver

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A few years after using a 1s and 2nd rounder on safeties (and by-passing gobs of great talent) here we are again.

We need to draft two safeties (and sign a vet fa) but for the love of god not in the top two rounds.

I'd bet Seattle would trade Jamal for a song right about now ?

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

So bad that people can't even be bothered to spell his first name correctly.

Fast, can hit, but seems to have near zero football instincts.

Makes sense since he was really a track guy that walked on to the football team. Not sure why JD would spend a 3rd round pick on a project who just started playing football but here we are. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Crazy thought of the day:  Offer Maye a one year fully guaranteed deal for 8mm.

He isn't getting a long term deal in free agency, he will still be rehabbing.  

Absolutely no problem with that. It would be a good move for Maye, and for the Jets.

Pre-condition: he has to fire his useless, unprofessional bigmouth agent to get the deal.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

If you're going to bash the man.. at least spell his name right. 

Ashtyn.

Not gonna lie, I originally got it right but then saw the spelling in the tweet and went with that.   If I was 100% confident in knowing his name, I wouldn't have made that error.

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Not gonna lie, I originally got it right but then saw the spelling in the tweet and went with that.   If I was 100% confident in knowing his name, I wouldn't have made that error.

Just doin some ball bustin. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

And PFF has a very different view.  42nd out of 88 ranked safeties.  Solid coverage grade but an awful rush defense grade.

image.png

im glad you posted this. i know all season despite people killing this kid i seen good PFF grades. at least i know im not going crazy

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

There is bad and there is Ashton Davis bad.

I don't know how they calculate this stuff, but you always know someone is bad watching them, but to see stats like these......sheeesh

I want bonus points since this isn't another Wilson sucks thread.

These stats make far more sense than PFFs numbers on Davis. Was hoping he'd be one of our 2 starters next year.

58 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Davis being terrible doesn’t change that, if you believed it in the first place. 

Draft pick is the asset, what you do with the asset is a different transaction 

That’s the party line, I know, I know…

It sounds great, until someone mentions you’re trading a proven Pro Bowl level commodity because you don’t want to pay for it, for pie in the sky you’re hoping will be half as good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

There is bad and there is Ashton Davis bad.

I don't know how they calculate this stuff, but you always know someone is bad watching them, but to see stats like these......sheeesh

I want bonus points since this isn't another Wilson sucks thread.

Well time to draft another 1st round safety!

Everybody is on board right?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't have a problem with this. We still need to draft a safety, but you could do worse than Maye and Joyner. 

Umm.  Recovery from an achilles injury is dicey.  We already have one with Lawson, but that is from August.  Is Maye even going to be healthy to start the 2022 season? I'd rather spend $8 million elsewhere.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Umm.  Recovery from an achilles injury is dicey.  We already have one with Lawson, but that is from August.  Is Maye even going to be healthy to start the 2022 season? I'd rather spend $8 million elsewhere.  

Can I change my answer? Send them to the gallows and sign some fresh meat.

• Haha 1