NFL Statement on COVID-19 Protocol Updates

JetNation

Covid-19 NFL

The NFL released the following statement today with regards to COVID-19 protocols.

NFL STATEMENT ON DECEMBER 16 COVID-19 PROTOCOL UPDATES

“Throughout the pandemic we have continuously evolved our protocols to meet our goal of advancing the safety of the players, coaches and staff. The changes we are making today aim to address the increase in cases and the advent of the Omicron variant. Effective immediately, all clubs will implement preventative measures that have proven effective: masking regardless of vaccination status, remote or outdoor meetings, eliminating in-person meals, and no outside visitors while on team travel. We will continue to strongly encourage booster shots as the most effective protection. Finally, and based on expert advice, we will adjust the return-to-participation requirements for those who have recovered from COVID-19. All of these changes are grounded in our data and science-backed approach, with safety our number-one goal for the entire NFL community.”

In addition, it is being reported that the timeline is changing of how fast a player can return after a positive COVID text. More details are below from ESPN’s Kevin Seifert.

The NFL has updated some of its COVID-19 protocols in light of this week’s surge. Of particular note are new rules governing a return to play/practice after positive test for vaccinated people. Basically, the timeline for return could be quicker. pic.twitter.com/xfL0yF4T1w

— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) December 16, 2021

The post NFL Statement on COVID-19 Protocol Updates appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

“Throughout the pandemic we have continuously evolved our protocols to meet our goal of advancing the safety of the players, coaches and staff. The changes we are making today aim to address the increase in cases and the advent of the Omicron variant. Effective immediately, all clubs will implement preventative measures that have proven effective: masking regardless of vaccination status, remote or outdoor meetings, eliminating in-person meals, and no outside visitors while on team travel. We will continue to strongly encourage booster shots as the most effective protection. Finally, and based on expert advice, we will adjust the return-to-participation requirements for those who have recovered from COVID-19. All of these changes are grounded in our data and science-backed approach, with safety  revenue our number-one goal for the entire NFL community.”

Fixed.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

If there trying to stop the spread testing everyone is the way to go. If there trying to pretend they care. Testing only with symptoms will suffice and there are built in excuses why not to test the un sick 

I thought that was the case with the new protocols. But it seems now they're partnering with a third party to "randomly" test vaccinated and not sick. This is a mess. The Redskins have multiple coaches and Sherff out for a game that was already postponed.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

lol what is the NFL doing. They're still testing non sick players?

Well considering there is a gap from when you get COVID to when you display syptoms and that before those sypmtoms show themselves you can spread COVID.  So why would that be funny?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Well considering there is a gap from when you get COVID to when you display syptoms and that before those sypmtoms show themselves you can spread COVID.  So why would that be funny?

Because they shouldnt be getting tested once they're vaccinated. It's the NFL not getting out of its own way again.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, T0mShane said:

Roger Goodell looking down a list of unvaccinated players who could potentially die of Covid and cross-referencing that with a list of potential cap savings for Robert Kraft and concluding that the league’s new approach to Covid prevention is effectively “Fvck it.”  

I am not saying you are wrong, but if Jonnu Smith comes up positive.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because they shouldnt be getting tested once they're vaccinated. It's the NFL not getting out of its own way again.

Because why?

You can still get COVID while being vaccinated.  And give it to others.  Its harder to get and you wont die.  Nowhere is it written you cant contract it.

So how is the NFL not getting out of its own way again when while most players are vaccinated it has seen a spike in cases and has had to move games?  Seems to me its makes perfect sense.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Because why?

You can still get COVID while being vaccinated.  And give it to others.  Its harder to get and you wont die.  Nowhere is it written you cant contract it.

So how is the NFL not getting out of its own way again when while most players are vaccinated it has seen a spike in cases and has had to move games?  Seems to me its makes perfect sense.  

Variants will exist forever. These guys are healthy and should be able to play if they are vaxed.  No reason to test them. Pretty simple and common sense. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Variants will exist forever. These guys are healthy and should be able to play if they are vaxed.  No reason to test them. Pretty simple and common sense. 

Then, if even true, they will have to test 

Healthy or not doesnt prevent the spread of COVID.  And I theyre healthy they will play.  

Common sense?  There isnt a iota of it in these posts.  Whats the big F'n deal with getting your nose swabbed it it provides early detention?  Freedoms and rights?  Are we back to the that bit of nonsense?

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Healthy or not doesnt prevent the spread of COVID.  And I theyre healthy they will play.  

Common sense?  There isnt a iota of it in these posts.  Whats the big F'n deal with getting your nose swabbed it it provides early detention?  Freedoms and rights?  Are we back to the that bit of nonsense?

Neurosis. Good grief lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Freedom and rights, it's a bit of nonsense.

Really shows how far we've fallen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Couldn't think of an answer worth a shlt, could you Moe?

Let me ask you this Shemp- why isnt the NFL testing the fans going to the games? Why arent regular vaccinated citizens testing still? How often do you test if you arent sick? Testing vaccinated non sick people is theater and does nothing.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Let me ask you this Shemp- why isnt the NFL testing the fans going to the games? Why arent regular vaccinated citizens testing still? How often do you test if you arent sick? Testing vaccinated non sick people is theater and does nothing.

Because thats a state issue, not a NFL issue Moe.  They cant.  Sorry 

Many regular citizens are scheduled to begin getting get tested in Jan. Moe

You just cant seem to grasp why testing those who arent showing symptoms in a workplace where there is an outbreak and spike makes at least some sense.

I should have known. though

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Vaxed or unvaxed what is the difference?  Nobody is vaccinated against omnicron it did not exist when these so called vaccines were made.  They will have a vaccine for omnicron in about 2-3 months, and will need to develop another one for the next variant and so on.  Sound familiar?  Yes just like the flu SHOT.  Covid is over it’s basically the common cold now maybe even more rampant you can’t stop it or contain it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just cant seem to grasp why testing those who arent showing symptoms in a workplace where there is an outbreak and spike makes at least some sense.

It makes zero sense. This is not an outbreak. The new variant is a mild cold. Players have played under the weather since the beginning. The vaccine is working. Doubting it like you are doing is just to keep this going forever.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It makes zero sense. This is not an outbreak. The new variant is a mild cold. Players have played under the weather since the beginning. The vaccine is working. Doubting it like you are doing is just to keep this going forever.

The vaccine isn’t working, immunity is, and out immunity has forced this thing to mutate weaker and weaker every time.  Just read your history books happens every time, it’s the beginning interaction that is deadly just like when the Europeans came to the America’s and killed off a large number of natives from viruses they were never exposed to that Europeans carried without symptom.

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Amusing aside: my company was hardcore into Covid prevention the past two years. Like, insane. Mandates, masks, hand-washing, distancing, the whole sh*t. Now, though? One of our coworkers tested positive last Friday, the company knew about it, and they didn’t even tell anyone else about it, which is a massive douche move, but it just shows you the 180 my boss has done on it. Now it’s like, who cares? 

Roster News: Jets add four to Covid-19 reserve, including John Franklin-Myers

20 DECEMBER 2021

The Jets face more disruption following this weekend's game:

#Jets also had a COVID-19 outbreak this morning.

DE John Franklin-Myers, DL Tanzel Smart, WR Vyncint Smith, S Sharrod Neasman all tested positive. DL Foley Fatukasi remains in COVID protocols.

— Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73) December 20, 2021

Robert Saleh told the media today that he is hopefully each of these players can test out and still be available for Sunday. Franklin-Myers would be the biggest loss, although the Jets have other depth issues at safety and the gunner position.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Amusing aside: my company was hardcore into Covid prevention the past two years. Like, insane. Mandates, masks, hand-washing, distancing, the whole sh*t. Now, though? One of our coworkers tested positive last Friday, the company knew about it, and they didn’t even tell anyone else about it, which is a massive douche move, but it just shows you the 180 my boss has done on it. Now it’s like, who cares? 

I mean at some point you just have to move on. Covid isn’t a thing at the office anymore for me. Like not even mentioned. Why the NFL is stil testing healthy people just feels like them wanting additional drama.