Thursday Night Football, Great googly moogly Chefs vs Air Coryell, Fouts and Alworth....

Beerfish

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Does anyone remember what a big game feels like? Because I seriously don’t. I envy the fan bases of teams like Green Bay, KC, etc. and now the Chargers every week. We have no pulse as a fanbase. 

Last time I remember watching a big game was the 2015 season finale in Buffalo with the playoffs on the line. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, did you not watch him look like sam Danold in the superbowl?

You made a blanket statement about not needing oline early.  I countered that kc had to rebuild their oline and double dipped.

In your haste to do your usual sh*t all over QB a, b or C you made a silly comment.

He got to the SB with that horrendous OL. Yeah, he lost one game.

Thanks for proving my point, though.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Was that the Jets vs Cincy that got rem into the playoffs? I drove from FTL to Queens then back so I could watch the game at home after a deal fell through up there. 

Beat Pats in Playoffs. Was in Vegas for a friend's bachelor party. Bet a big halftime bet that Jets would outscore the Pats in the second half. Not only did they do that but they won outright. Paid for the trip and then some.

One of my top 3 bets of all time. 12-game parlay will forever be #1, bet the field against Curlin' in the Belmont at even money in Vegas at my own bachelor party, and that Jets bet.

Great moment. Sh*t ever since.

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Last big game Jets won was was the "can't wait" game almost 11 years ago.

Last big game they won was against the Pats in OT the week before they crapped the bed in Buffalo.  But that has kind of been erased from our memories by the stench of the Buffalo game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

Last big game Jets won was was the "can't wait" game almost 11 years ago.

Seems like yesterday. Best win I've experienced watching the Jets beat the #1 seed Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Nobody gave us a chance after getting shellacked (45-3) just 6 weeks prior in that rematch at Gillette. My favorite scene in that game was the dagger touchdown by Shonn Greene when he used the football like a pillow in the endzone.

• Upvote 2

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Seems like yesterday. Best win I've experienced watching the Jets beat the #1 seed Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Nobody gave us a chance after getting shellacked (45-3) just 6 weeks prior in that rematch at Gillette. My favorite scene in that game was the dagger touchdown by Shonn Greene when he used the football like a pillow in the endzone.

Seems like yesterday? That game feels 50 years ago. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Last big game they won was against the Pats in OT the week before they crapped the bed in Buffalo.  But that has kind of been erased from our memories by the stench of the Buffalo game.

Last 'fun year' as a jets fan.  And of course it ended up like the hindenburg.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Last 'fun year' as a jets fan.  And of course it ended up like the hindenburg.

Yup.  There were some really nice wins that year.  Giant in OT, last second FG in Dallas, OT against NE  But all that season is remembered for is Fitz and Revis choking away that last game and Rex keeping us out of the playoffs.