Thursday Night Football, Great googly moogly Chefs vs Air Coryell, Fouts and Alworth....

Beerfish

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mahoomes got destroyed in the superbowl last year due to oline, same QB.

KC having a smart gm double dipped at center and then a guard with promise, douglas in a deep oline draft was happy to ignore it after getting avt.

and see how that smart GM drafted his Center at 63 and not in the top 15 like some on this board want to do. got a Tackle in the 6th rd. Becton and AVT should have never been drafted. thats a waste of 1st rd draft capital. lets hope we dont do it again in rd 1

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe that was Lou Holtz who wrote that fight song for the Jets. 

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  That is the Holtz' fight song. 

?The Jets go Rolling Along?

Cosell can't even hide his reaction to the absurdity of it

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

To me that was a dubious decision to not take the fg.  Usually i am all for being aggressive.  A bit if hidnsight

Agreed.  Don't like it at the end of the half.  If it is not at the end of the half, you have the advantage of having your opponent pinned deep and trying to get the ball back for another shot.

• Upvote 3

Every time I watch the chargers I think to myself, what if Herbert had come out in 2019.  Would we have had the balls to draft him and ditch Darnold like the the Cards did with Murray?  (Most likely not)

Then I watch Williams and think to myself we would have been calling him a complete bust after his first year.  

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Nice to see the Chargers finally convert that one.  I don't hold it against any teams going for it on 4th and short, but it gets tougher to commit to after you've repeatedly left points on the field.

I guess this is what the Chargers get for having a Jets fan give them credit for something.