Poll: If Woody moved the Jets to London would you still remain a Jet fan?

Poll: If Woody moved the Jets to London would you still remain a Jet fan?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. If Woody moved the Jets to London would you still remain a Jet fan?

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Not if Carton is correct. He said they have to leave the name and history here along with a new expansion team that inherits the name, Jets. So basically he is saying the Jets aren’t leaving, Woody is. 

it’s also nonsense. Lol

If they kept the Jets name and were in London I would follow them. If the name changed and there was an expansion team with the Jets name I would follow the "new Jets"

I don't understand those of you saying you'd stick with the team as long as they kept the name. **** that, them playing across the Hudson River is bad enough but London? Forget it, my Jets fandom would be over, and I would have to wait for another NY team to replace them hopefully with a new stadium IN NEW YORK like the name says.

7 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I haven't listened to Carton or whoever it was, but my initial thought is that unless the NFL offers Woody some ridiculous compensation package, it would be one of the dumbest business decisions he could make.

But then again, it's Woody, sooooo........

Collective bargaining agreement, the money is still the same if they moved to Mars 

Where has all this jets moving to London coming from. Miami have signed up to 3 different markets so they moving three times. It won’t be happening all they have signed up to is grow the fan base in uk. Not that they need too as being a uk based fan we have one of the top fanbases as it is over here. 
as it is the jets are one of the most profitable sides in the nfl no way they would leave all that to become a uk based side which would go bust in few years

5 minutes ago, Bosleyjet74 said:

Where has all this jets moving to London coming from. Miami have signed up to 3 different markets so they moving three times. It won’t be happening all they have signed up to is grow the fan base in uk. Not that they need too as being a uk based fan we have one of the top fanbases as it is over here. 
as it is the jets are one of the most profitable sides in the nfl no way they would leave all that to become a uk based side which would go bust in few years

Well if we are going with what craig proposed the Jets wouldn’t really be moving, just woody, this terrible team and staff.

I mean I personally can’t dismiss this because our owner was just over there for 4 years and the NfL already said they will have international teams sometime in the near future…

As we all know these big money deals are already made and handed behind the scenes, years in advance 

Hopefully if this is true and Carton is correct, the NFL does this during a season where there is a special QB available in the draft 

19 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

All the owners share profits

So?

It's still an asset that appreciates.

Woody bought the Jets for 635 million in 2000.

Forbes estimates them as being worth 3.55 billion in 2021... And they'd probably sell for more.

And I'll tell you, the Jets aren't the 17th most valuable franchise in the world because they're well run. It's because they're based in New York.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And I'll tell you, the Jets aren't the 17th most valuable franchise in the world because they're well run. It's because they're based in New York.

I believe London would increase the team’s value. I believe retail/housing costs per sq/foot is higher than NY. Exchange rate favors BP