Is Mike White still on the team?

Matt39

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is this really just to protect Zach's ego? I dont get it. Saleh seemed to like White.

i think he is here next year. and if Zach falls in the 1st 1/2 of the year i think you see Mike White. if its that bad there jobs will be on the line they will give anybody a shot

• Upvote 1

I doubt White has the value some thought he would have earlier in the year with speculation the Jets could put a tender on him to recover a draft pick if Mike signed with another team. He's a FA in 2022. So he can re-sign and have a good chance to be backup and even play with injuries or if Zach benched. Not sure there is a better team he could sign with in terms of having a chance to play. Unless the Jets decide to sign a vet to back up Zach. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I doubt White has the value some thought he would have earlier in the year with speculation the Jets could a tender on him to recover a draft pick if Mike signed with another team. He's a FA in 2022. So he can re-sign and have a good chance to be backup and even play with injuries or if Zach benched. Not sure there is a better team he could sign with in terms of having a chance to play. Unless the Jets decide to sign a vet to backup Zach. 

Any team is better than the Jets. Even the Jags with all their dysfunction. Team like Hets can NEVER develop a QB. Mike White is a prime example. We have a chance to develop him but we’re gonna go with the pretty boy for the remaining games. 

We can’t scout, we can’t develop. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jets723 said:

He should be nowhere near the field unless god forbid if Wilson gets injured.  I know some people  have made up their minds on Wilson(which is ridiculous after only 9 or 10 games) but the kid needs as many as reps as possible for next year 

This thought process is why Wilson will probably never succeed.  Kid shouldn't be anywhere near the field until he proves he belongs there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, undertow said:

This thought process is why Wilson will probably never succeed.  Kid should be nowhere near the field till he proves he belongs there.

Agree to disagree.  I agree he has struggled and if he is has a really bad game I understand pulling him but I don’t think we should just bench him the rest of the season

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

This thought process is why Wilson will probably never succeed.  Kid should be nowhere near the field till he proves he belongs there.

QBs who are drafted and start on day one prove they belong on the field how exactly?  How is the thought process on just about every QB different than the one the Jets are following? 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Agree to disagree.  I agree he has struggled and if he is has a really bad game I understand pulling him but I don’t think we should just bench him the rest of the season

You might be right that benching him at this point would be a mistake but they have had two opportunities to give him time to develop on the sidelines.... at the start of the season and when he got hurt both huge mistakes imo.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And Mike White is experienced?

Look I like Mike White, he seems like a good kid but I’m a bit perplexed why many seemed to have fallen madly in love with him because he had one good game.  Look I understand our FA base is frustrated and sick of losing I get that.  But we just invested a 2nd overall pick on a QB and just throwing in the towel after what 9 games is just silly.  We gotta give the kid some time.  If we are at this point next year and he still looks bad then I understand but we gotta give the kid some time 

• Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He could start the game 2 for 20 tomorrow and they wouldn’t bench him. Saleh has all but conceded that the New York Jets are solely a vehicle for protecting Zach Wilson’s confidence.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

You might be right that benching him at this point would be a mistake but they have had two opportunities to give him time to develop on the sidelines.... at the start of the season and when he got hurt both huge mistakes imo.

Maybe but it’s not too late to right the ship.  Many Rookie QBs struggle I think we can agree on that.  I think the kid will be fine.  I do think the whole team overall has had significant injuries which hasn’t helped but like I mentioned in another post we just gotta give the kid some time. 9 games isn’t enough to make a determination one way or the other 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

QBs who are drafted and start on day one prove they belong on the field how exactly?  How is the thought process on just about every QB different than the one the Jets are following? 

You don't think the game is moving too fast for him and it's getting in his head?  You don't think destroying a young QB's confidence can have lasting effects?  I think it's become clear starting him from day 1 was not the right strategy.  

Mike White’s main issue is that he got hurt at the wrong time. If he didn’t get hurt against Indy, he could theoretically still be starting right now. But he got hurt in three straight games (which I have never seen before) and sucked against the Bills after 11 days off. He was a victim of bad timing, more than anything else. 

As for the theory that the Jets chose not to play him against the fins because they “feared” that he would play well and wanted to “protect” Wilson - I don’t buy it. It’s clear they didn’t think much of White before the Bengals game (otherwise, why trade for Flacco?) and probably saw the Bills game as a snap back to reality. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2