Is Mike White still on the team?

Matt39

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There was almost the same hysteria when Matt Sims had a great preseason game vs the Eagles back in 2013.  A one game sample size for White means very little.  

Correct!

The coaches see him in practice every day.  They know his capabilities - coaches have been watching him for 4 years and he's been on practice squads...

The Jets organization went out, immediately after Zach's injury and got a back-up...because they know what his capabilities are.

It really has nothing to do with Wilson...People are trying to make it out to be the case---but they are not connected in any way.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There was almost the same hysteria when Matt Sims had a great preseason game vs the Eagles back in 2013.  A one game sample size for White means very little.  

Kind of like Zach Wilsons mythical "great preseason"?

Please. This argument immediately fails.

White tore up Cincy and for about a quarter the Colts in regular season games.

Zach looks like he doesn't belong so far.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

One has nothing to do with the other. You are making my argument for me. 

Mike White had an elite level performance in a regular season game, against an actual NFL Defense. Period. Sure, may be injury prone, and he also had a bad game  vs Buffalo, but the good vs Cincy and briefly against the Colts (a very good D) are enough for any rational, objective person to want to see more. 

Zach Wilson is grounding screen passes, has zero pocket presence, and struggles to achieve a 50% completion rate and 200 yards. Period. So far, that's what he is. Struggling.

But one DOES have something to do with the other, because they're playing with the same supporting cast In the same offense.

Except one has looked MUCH better than the other. 

These aren't beliefs, they are observations and statistically backed statements of fact.

Mike White being a bad QB has nothing to do with Zach Wilson being good or bad.  It can be both, it can be neither...

I'm not discussing who is better, who should be playing, who gives them a better chance to win - That's not the point I'm making here...I'm happy to have that discussion if you want - but that's not what this is...

The only point is - Mike White is not a good QB. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Kind of like Zach Wilsons mythical "great preseason"?

Please. This argument immediately fails.

White tore up Cincy and for about a quarter the Colts in regular season games.

Zach looks like he doesn't belong so far.

I have no problem with Mike White being the back up next year.  In fact, I prefer it over some veteran retread.  And if Wilson continues to falter, he should get another shot. I'm just  not ready to annoint White as the Jets QB messiah after one game.  As good as White was vs Cincy, he was bad vs Buffalo.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I have no problem with Mike White being the back up next year.  In fact, I prefer it over some veteran retread.  And if Wilson continues to falter, he should get another shot. I'm just  not ready to annoint White as the Jets QB messiah after one game.  As good as White was vs Cincy, he was bad vs Buffalo.  

And yet you're willing to annoint Zach, after an entire season of sh*t play? And only willing to see the other QB "If he falters"?

Bro, he is faltering. HARD.

As for the post above where you reference such luminaries as Chris Weinke, Kellen Moore, etc. 

Those are the guys Zach is reminding people of. Soft, overdrafted QBs who were decent college players, but just didn't have it at the NFL level. I think Joey Harrington is the best comp, personally.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Correct!

The coaches see him in practice every day.  They know his capabilities - coaches have been watching him for 4 years and he's been on practice squads...

The Jets organization went out, immediately after Zach's injury and got a back-up...because they know what his capabilities are.

It really has nothing to do with Wilson...People are trying to make it out to be the case---but they are not connected in any way.

But that absolute dog sh*t big sample size of Zach Wilson has vs. NFL defenses; DON'T YOU BRING THAT UP!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

GFY.  The excuse for why White played well against Cincy was that he’s been in the league for a while.  Y’all can’t have it both ways.  

GFY, who made this excuse.  Who making that point made it as an excuse?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

If Mike White we’re the #2 overall pick, ya’ll would be blaming the offensive line for his injuries and talking about one bad game against an elite Buffalo defense.

If Zach Wilson were on his 2nd team and spent some time on a practice squad, you’d be saying he’s not worth a roster spot.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Fallacy in thinking. There are reasons and good ones that Zach was the #2 pick and White a low round pick. Whether you want to admit it or not the talent gulch between Zach and White is huge.

Zach has played 8 games far far too little of a sample size to make any meaningful decisions on him and most players make a big jump in their second year. Will Zach? I don't know but he has the tools to be an elite QB in the NFL.

White looked decent. I was excited about him. But the issue people are ignoring is not that he looked completely overmatched against Buffalo but he showed himself to be really fragile. Had he not been so fragile maybe he completes the Indy game and gets more starts.

But the reality is that as bad as Zach has been he has a far far greater chance to be a good to elite QB than White. So as a team you continue to do as much as you can to develop Zach for at least another year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fallacy in thinking. There are reasons and good ones that Zach was the #2 pick and White a low round pick. Whether you want to admit it or not the talent gulch between Zach and White is huge.

Zach has played 8 games far far too little of a sample size to make any meaningful decisions on him and most players make a big jump in their second year. Will Zach? I don't know but he has the tools to be an elite QB in the NFL.

White looked decent. I was excited about him. But the issue people are ignoring is not that he looked completely overmatched against Buffalo but he showed himself to be really fragile. Had he not been so fragile maybe he completes the Indy game and gets more starts.

But the reality is that as bad as Zach has been he has a far far greater chance to be a good to elite QB than White. So as a team you continue to do as much as you can to develop Zach for at least another year.

I’m so f**king tired of hearing how “talented” Zach Wilson is.  Same sh*t we heard about Darnold for over 3 years.

He’s not that talented compared to the rest of the NFL’s QBs.  And of the list of things that matter most about a QB, physical talent tends to mean not a whole lot, short of a “pass/fail” minimal amount of physical ability.  The rest is all upstairs.  White has some of that, at least.  Wilson has none.

F**k talent.  Prove you can play the position or GTFO.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m so f**king tired of hearing how “talented” Zach Wilson is.  Same sh*t we heard about Darnold for over 3 years.

He’s not that talented compared to the rest of the NFL’s QBs.  And of the list of things that matter most about a QB, physical talent tends to mean not a whole lot, short of a “pass/fail” minimal amount of physical ability.  The rest is all upstairs.  White has some of that, at least.  Wilson has none.

F**k talent.  Prove you can play the position or GTFO.

I for one can't believe some of the absolute bullsh*t I have read on this forum . I would say Wilson is lucky if he breaks 150 yards today.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If somehow the Jets do decide there will be a QB competition next year with White and Wilson then your back up will be Wilson.

Also Mike White played good against NE and against the Colts before the nerve injury to his throwing arm. It was not "just" one game

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Mike White being a bad QB has nothing to do with Zach Wilson being good or bad.  It can be both, it can be neither...

I'm not discussing who is better, who should be playing, who gives them a better chance to win - That's not the point I'm making here...I'm happy to have that discussion if you want - but that's not what this is...

The only point is - Mike White is not a good QB. 

I would agree with you that Mike White is the worst player in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And yet you're willing to annoint Zach, after an entire season of sh*t play? And only willing to see the other QB "If he falters"?

Bro, he is faltering. HARD.

As for the post above where you reference such luminaries as Chris Weinke, Kellen Moore, etc. 

Those are the guys Zach is reminding people of. Soft, overdrafted QBs who were decent college players, but just didn't have it at the NFL level. I think Joey Harrington is the best comp, personally.

And you’re rooting for him to fail, which is sad. And it is just so you can say I told you so - I was right

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And you’re rooting for him to fail, which is sad. And it is just so you can say I told you so - I was right

Everything here is incorrect, and projection,  bro. 

I wish Zach was playing like Herbert or Burrow did. I really do. 

But kid has a lot to work on. 

Whatever. Hes a big boy, hell either sink or swim regardless of our discussions on a message board

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I simply said he needs to play through mistakes and struggles so we could see what we have in him.  Never mentioned anything about any sort of QB rank 

Of course you didn’t.

But why give reps and time if you didn’t think he’d be a good QB from it?

• WTF? 1