****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

Just now, TheClashFan said:

It looked to me like maybe Zach was trying to back shoulder it, but the throw was low.  Or maybe Cole just ran short...

yeah, maybe Cole blew it and Zack was throwing it where he thought he was going to be - this team just is struggling on basic plays - was hoping for better by this point in the season. It's a Process I guess, and Stuff Like That.

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Reminder. Prior to wilson coming back from injury the jets had the 9th overall passing attack.

It has fallen in the rankings every single game he has been back, and will continue that slide after today.

I don’t want to $h!t on Zach.  I really don’t. I want a solution at qb. But he leaves a lot to be desired and plays on the field. My lord.  Today at least he didn’t dirt the easy 2-6 year throws.  So There’s that 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Well, Zach was better this week than he was last week, Against a better a team. I guess it was a small step in the right direction. He was better on the short passes too. 

He missed maybe 2 layups. He hit a bunch of nice easy throws. 

Was he great? No. Was he really good?  No. 

But it looks like he was making a lot of the easy passes he’s been missing recently. Didn’t throw a bounce pass to an open receiver. Didn’t throw behind receivers constantly. Is that reason to celebrate? Nope.  

Would I like to see better? Sure. But I’m encouraged by baby steps given what he’s got to work with. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I don’t want to $h!t on Zach.  I really don’t. I want a solution at qb. But he leaves a lot to be desired and plays on the field. My lord.  Today at least he didn’t dirt the easy 2-6 year throws.  So There’s that 

I don’t think he left plays on the field. There was nothing for him to take. It’d be nice if he could elevate the play around him though. 

• Sympathy 1