****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Mims was so bad at seperating he didnt get more than one ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You've broken down the game tape already?...wow you're good...more like ZW doesn't look his way, he focuses on his target right from the snap and always goes that way...the league knows it too.

11 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Oh so last week they started strong huh?? You guys really need to make up a narrative and stick with it .

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Boy, talk about taking something out of context. I was responding to Max saying it was a shame with the strong start that they finished like that. It happens every time they start strong, at keast every time Zach starts strong. 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The defense was as bad as usual today. The offense couldn't get anything going once the Dolphins started blitzing. Wilson was good in the first half, wasn't good in the second half, but still overall better than last week I suppose so ..... progress?

Dolphins Defense adjusted. Offense did not. Rookie QB and Rookie OC looked overwhelmed by the talent deficiency and injuries. I just want someone to have some moxie.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

You've broken down the game tape already?...wow you're good...more like ZW doesn't look his way, he focuses on his target right from the snap and always goes that way...the league knows it too.

Didn’t you claim Mims was open on a play that was later an example of how Mims didn’t get open?

2 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Poor narrative again... Obviously you're just trolling at this point. :)

Zach is obviously part of the challenges the team has had this season. He has not put up amazing numbers. Hell, he has not even putting up good numbers. He has missed a lot of easy throws. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT EVERYONE SUCKS BUT ZACK... Our best QB according to QBR is Joe Flacco.

But...

• Our Defence is historically bad, cannot seem to tackle, and the 'bend but don't break' means that the other team is pretty much scoring a FG every drive. They can't seem to stop the run nor the pass, and struggles to generate turnovers. They missed soooooo many tackles today (yet again).
  • Our receivers are dropping balls left and right (I'm curious to see how many we have at the end of the season vs other teams), and most aren't able to generate any separation.
  • Our Oline this game is missing multiple pieces, struggled with both pass blocking and run blocking.
  • Overall team is ravaged by injuries (yes, more than other teams, and we barely had enough talent to compete before those injuries; after the injuries, we are basically a bunch of practice squad players lining up as starters).
  • And our rookie QB is struggling, sometimes not reading through his progressions, sometimes missing the open man, sometimes taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away.

See, all of that can be true at the same time! Stunning concept, I know.

The take that ZW lost the game today? That it's an either / or conversation? So wrong. No one but you is making that case that Zack would be winning these games, people are simply stating that this is a team sport, and everyone needs to contribute. The Oline needs to block (they struggled today), the QB needs to make throws (no ints this game? not many off target passes), receivers need to get open and make catches (I listen to the game on the radio, I heard at least 3-4 times it called out that the 'phins were making 1 handed catches, then when the Jets were on offence, Crowder dropped one, Mims missed one, etc).

The whole ZW is a bust after 9 games on a team is rebuilding with talent that is not where it should be... It's tired... It's pointless... But I guess that's how you cope? 

Stopped at "obviously you're just trolling at this point."

100% of the time I've been accused of being a troll on here, time has proven me right. Methinks you just don't like the message. So I won't deign to read yours. Suggest you do the same.

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not all of them, and you still need young QBs to be able to throw receivers open from time to time.  Even rookie’s

That would be the ideal scenario. I'm not sure that all rookies do that in year one. And I'm especially pretty sure that he's there yet in his development. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Same ferocious defense with the same OL sacked Joe Flacco twice for a loss of 13 yards.

Curious if there was a player who absolutely destroyed the phins' secondary that wasn't playing today.

Not to mention our "pff graded top 10 LT"

Edit: Oh, and Flacco put up 17, same as Zach.

I don’t think he left plays on the field. There was nothing for him to take. It’d be nice if he could elevate the play around him though. 

This is such a crock of sh*t. I hate when people say this. Everyone needs to operate as a unit. No QB in the history of the NFL has magically made sh*tty players around them better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

His 2nd half was totally unacceptable. Frankly garbage juice. Defense got a pick 6 and still couldn't sustain any offense.

I also saw wr drops and consistently no one getting open.  What happened to the short throws to the tight ends that were so successful?  To me, this is on coaching.

16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

But it looks like he was making a lot of the easy passes he’s been missing recently. Didn’t throw a bounce pass to an open receiver. Didn’t throw behind receivers constantly. Is that reason to celebrate? Nope.  

Zach was making the easy passes early in the game. When the pressure was on in the 4th qtr, trying to lead a come back - it's  3rd and 7 and Zach badly misses a wide open MC 6 yards away. He *CHOKED* that pass.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It means Darnold was better than Wilson at this point in their respective careers, and that seems to matter.  Particularly since Darnold was the more raw/younger prospect and had a weaker supporting cast.

Darnold had a much more competent coaching staff and a veteran QB who actually helped him prepare.   This staff hasn’t even pretended to have a development plan for Zach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, tfine said:

This is such a crock of sh*t. I hate when people say this. Everyone needs to operate as a unit. No QB in the history of the NFL has magically made sh*tty players around them better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

A franchise QB isn’t along for the ride. Against the Titans, Wilson was the force that moved his team. This game was worst case scenario for Wilson and he didn’t wilt so that’s good. He also didn’t do anything that was a reason for hope so that’s bad. 

In its totality this game looks like the status quo for Wilson regardless of supporting cast.

23 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Zach was not good today.  With the o line back next week(hopefully), he needs his best game of the year

Are you saying it's possible that Zach wins a third Pepsi Rookie of the Week Award???? Does he get a plaque or something. Angry runs gives the winners a 'Harry Potter Stick' as one player called it.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Stopped at "obviously you're just trolling at this point."

100% of the time I've been accused of being a troll on here, time has proven me right. Methinks you just don't like the message. So I won't deign to read yours. Suggest you do the same.

To be clear, I'm not saying time will not prove you right regarding ZW. In 3 years, ZW may be a bust and the team moves on. That's definitely a possibility. Either way, he'll be given a shot. Either way, he's here for at least 2 more years, and will most likely be starting during his tenure. He's definitely struggled this year. I'm not even going to say he's had 'flashes' because I hate that expression. :) You are fully entitled to your opinion.

But hey, feel free to disregard. That's obviously a great response when you don't have anything to add. ;)

2 minutes ago, xJayce said:

To be clear, I'm not saying time will not prove you right regarding ZW. In 3 years, ZW may be a bust and the team moves on. That's definitely a possibility. Either way, he'll be given a shot. Either way, he's here for at least 2 more years, and will most likely be starting during his tenure. He's definitely struggled this year. I'm not even going to say he's had 'flashes' because I hate that expression. :) You are fully entitled to your opinion.

But hey, feel free to disregard. That's obviously a great response when you don't have anything to add. ;)

Oh the guy who called me a troll to avoid the uncomfortable substance of my argument is typing more words.

This Zach Wilson thing needs be over. He is absolutely terrible. I had zero confidence he could get anything done AND he even go one more possession then I bought he’s get. He never came anywhere close- ( not surprised) he’s that bad. No way in hell  you can just hand him the job next year. On his rookie deal- I get it. He will be back. Any competition at all… no way he is the starter next year. He is completely Atrocious as as Quarterback. I’ve seen enough already. He makes me sick!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

George Fant didn’t play that day? And didn’t Flacco’s offense score the same amount of points as Wilson’s Jets.

He’s a rookie—a bad rookie at that—playing against a defense that his own head coach disallowed him from playing against like three weeks ago because it was too confusing. Wilson is statistically last in the league overall, but he’s also last in the league under pressure and against the blitz. We can blame the rest of the planet for his struggles today or all season or for the next two seasons, but the common denominator is that the lad melts down when he gets hit. We’re also talking about a dude who was sacked a whopping 11 times in twelve games last year playing in the WAC or the Mountain West or whatever they call BYU’s fugazi conference these days. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1