****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

Just now, Gibby said:

This Zach Wilson thing needs be over. He is absolutely terrible. I had zero confidence he could get anything done AND he even go one more possession then I bought he’s get. He never came anywhere close- ( not surprised) he’s got hat bad. No way in hell no hey can just hand him the job next year. On his rookie deal- I get it. He will be back. Any competition at all… no way he is the starter next year. He is completely Atrocious as a Quarterback. I’ve seen enough already. He makes me sick!

And yet?   We'll be here (God willing) in two or three years lamenting the same problems we see today.  Darnold Minus.

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Jesus Christ I hope the Jets do not go with a rookie again if Zach busts. The QB debates are so tired

Sorry but it won't make a difference. We had the Mike White (not rookie) would have won the game had he started over Flacco (def. not rookie).

Jet Fans history indicates that regardless on how much experience the starting QB has, after a Jets loss, the #2 QB is always better than the #1 QB and likely a HOF contender. Hell, sometimes even after a win these comments come out. Zack or no Zack, rookie QB or no rookie QB - you are going to hear it.

In fact, Zack could go 11-6 next year and win the SB and there will be comments on how Mike White would have had the Jets to the be the first to go 18-0 :-) - if Saleh would just stop being stubborn ...

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ausman said:

The defense gave up 31 points to the Dolphins and couldn’t get a stop in the last third of the game.  Anything else is window dressing.  24 should be enough for any team to get a win.

To be fair, it wasn't THAT bad:

• TD
  • TD
  • Fumble
  • Int
  • TD
  • Punt

Ok... Maybe it was bad... But there were a couple stops. :)

Yeah, the D needs to start tackling... 

• Haha 1

Sorry but it won't make a difference. We had the Mike White (not rookie) would have won the game had he started over Flacco (def. not rookie).
Jet Fans history indicates that regardless on how much experience the starting QB has, after a Jets loss, the #2 QB is always better than the #1 QB and likely a HOF contender. Hell, sometimes even after a win these comments come out. Zack or no Zack, rookie QB or no rookie QB - you are going to hear it.
In fact, Zack could go 11-6 next year and win the SB and there will be comments on how Mike White would have had the Jets to the be the first to go 18-0 :-) - if Saleh would just stop being stubborn ...
Mike White is sub par.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh the guy who called me a troll to avoid the uncomfortable substance of my argument is typing more words.

Yup, called out that you were trolling, called out why, and continued to support. Hey, even called out that you MAY BE RIGHT with the core of your premise. Lots of exciting reading when you get to it! :)

2 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Mims is never open.  He doesn’t create separation at all. Elijah Moore is a game changer.  Mims will not be on the team next year. The receivers on this team are mediocre at best after Moore. 

We need to all have a catharsis.  To finally as a whole say these words together: Mims suck.  Is a legendary NY Jets bust, and should be cut.  Only then will we have a moment of chrysalis and go from a slithering insect to a beautiful butterfly.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He’s a rookie—a bad rookie at that—playing against a defense that his own head coach disallowed him from playing against like three weeks ago because it was too confusing. Wilson is statistically last in the league overall, but he’s also last in the league under pressure and against the blitz. We can blame the rest of the planet for his struggles today or all season or for the next two seasons, but the common denominator is that the lad melts down when he gets hit. We’re also talking about a dude who was sacked a whopping 11 times in twelve games last year playing in the WAC or the Mountain West or whatever they call BYU’s fugazi conference these days. 

Wilson was put in an impossible situation this game. Still would’ve liked to see him do a little more. He hasn’t let it rip downfield in a few games which sucks because now you have a inaccurate rookie pretending to be a game manager. Only 4 Ints in his last 7 starts sounds nice except the team has lost all dynamism it might’ve had under Zach. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Thesilvermind said:

No adjustments to counter the blitz

no talent at WR

Zero LB  play , no impact on game

Weak unathletic  OLine

thats it folks

We have talent at WR, he's sitting on IR

We also have a strong, athletic OL, but guess what? He's injured

Bad LB play I have to give to you

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Nope, but cute straw man hyperbole to avoid discussion of how poor Zach played today.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson was put in an impossible situation this game. Still would’ve liked to see him do a little more. He hasn’t let it rip downfield in a few games which sucks because now you have a inaccurate rookie pretending to be a game manager. Only 4 Ints in his last 7 starts sounds nice except the team has lost all dynamism it might’ve had under Zach. 

I think he’s poorly coached and they wanted him to “play boring” and now you have a neutered kid who gets confounded by the coin-behind-the-ear trick that every DC is going to run on head-spinning rookie QBs. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Not you maybe, but there are some that think Zach lost this game. Just read some of the posts.

I think frustration with Zach is 100% understandable. The Defense wasn’t the #2 overall pick.

Saleh deserves more criticism than he is getting tbh.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think he’s poorly coached and they wanted him to “play boring” and now you have a neutered kid who gets confounded by the coin-behind-the-ear trick that every DC is going to run on head-spinning rookie QBs. 

To this day, I have no idea how they looked at Wilson and said, "Yeah, that's the guy who will lead our team for the next 10 years".  Completely perplexing.   For this alone, JD should get fired.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope, but cute straw man hyperbole to avoid discussion of how poor Zach played today.

He certainly seemed more in control of himself but he still hasn’t done  anything to make anyone think he is in his way to be a FQB. Love to see him toss couple nice ones like Tua did. Zach hasn’t tossed a nice long rope for any significant since the Titans game. Today? Less of a mess but didn’t  impress! 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

my point wasn't about Zack - it was it doesn't matter who is QB 1 or QB 2, history shows that many fans always think QB 2 is better if they only got a chance - think back to all of the amazing QBs who were #2 right up until they played :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Not you maybe, but there are some that think Zach lost this game. Just read some of the posts.

At some point, you need your # 2 overall pick to do more than just “not lose the game.”

10 games in and he’s only been one of the top 3 or so players on the field in 1, maybe 2 games this year.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

At some point, you need your # 2 overall pick to do more than just “not lose the game.”

10 games in and he’s only been one of the top 3 or so players on the field in 1, maybe 2 games this year.  

From Jets drafting history, that's actually not bad? :)

Looking forward to ZW turning a corner.

He certainly seemed more in control of himself but he still hasn’t done  anything to make anyone think he is in his way to be a FQB. Love to see him toss couple nice ones like Tua did. Zach hasn’t tossed a nice long rope for any significant since the Titans game. Today? Less of a mess but didn’t  impress! 
I get the distinct feeling hes being told to treat these games as practice and work the short game only.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think frustration with Zach is 100% understandable. The Defense wasn’t the #2 overall pick.

Saleh deserves more criticism than he is getting tbh.

We all make our snippy comments about Zack every week.  But if you look at how that kid is playing objectively, something is really amiss.  He does not look right.  And in no way would you think he's a top two pick. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed, he needs to be better. This Offense has a handful of players that would be on another roster. Zach would only be on another teams roster because of his "potential". This team needs players, badly.

• Sympathy 1