****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

They played a bad team that came out flat and was ripe for the slaughter.  Miami made a couple of adjustments at half time and bitch slapped us.  

Well, a bad team that had won, what, 5 in a row, and this season have beat Cinci and the Ravens? And they have lost 3 games by 3 pts or less.

What was unforgivable was having their RB trounce on us for the whole game.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Justin Herbert just had arguably the best rookie season by a QB in NFL history, and he did so with the # 32 ranked OL.

And we see sh*tty/JAG receivers do well with good/great QBs then disappear all the time in this league.

You're using one of the biggest outliers in the history of the NFL to make your point?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You backed the side that been right 50 years in a row and you are a hater.   I don’t buy you want Zach to succeed any more.  

Hold on. You admit my side has been right 50 years in a row... Doesn't that make me... oh, I don't know... ******* SMART?

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Were the Jets not competitive today? They had a lead at tone point. Fell apart in the 4th quarter (well, third maybe), but overall, only lost by a TD. That's progress, no? 

I’m sorry but I hate this take. It makes losing acceptable, which it never should be. The Jets collapsed in the second half and had no answers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Jets have sucked at QB for a long time.   Before it’s reasonable to hate the new QB you jump on the train to be right and sh*t on everyone because need a win.  

The odds are a dead tie in the forum pool between you and Keltic on who will post the next Nico goodbye thread. I bet big on you. I believe!

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

I’m sorry but I hate this take. It makes losing acceptable, which it never should be. The Jets collapsed in the second half and had no answers.

We improved our draft pick, bro.

Webster's is considering changing the phrase "pyrrhic victory" to "Sunday with the Jets."

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Hey at least you cheer for someone to be a winner.   I’m glad it’s me but Zach would be a better choice.  

Again, nico... err, sorry, Helen, I desperate want Zach to succeed. I also hope my parents don't get cancer but I still nag them to get their yearly screening.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Hex said:

The defense didn't lose the Jets the game either. Zach played well in the first half and showed the team can score if he makes his passes. 

However, the OL played badly and it became obvious fast that Zach works well when he can 1) trust his pocket and 2) use that trust to get into a rhythm. I doubt any QB would do well when they have no time to do anything before getting dropped on every other play. Even Mahomes couldn't do it in the SB. 

Zach holds the ball too long. 

Compare our OL with Zach vs the loser trio.

Its night and day.

Replace Zach and the Oline will look 10x better.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Again, nico... err, sorry, Helen, I desperate want Zach to succeed. I also hope my parents don't get cancer but I still nag them to get their yearly screening.

You can’t even admit Zach is elusive.  You say he does nothing right.   I don’t buy it.  Pure hater.  

edit: I’m not Nicco but that Sock on the game thread was you, right? 

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You backed the side that been right 50 years in a row and you are a hater.   I don’t buy you want Zach to succeed any more.  

Been a Jets fan for 55 years.  I hate them less than I should.  You seem like a nice optimistic person.  Get out now.  This doesn’t end well.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You can’t even admit Zach is elusive.  You say he does nothing right.   I don’t buy it.  Pure hater.  

I didn't say nothing. I said what he doesn't suck at is so insignificant against that which he does suck at that it doesn't matter. 

It's like you getting upset because I say Venus' atmosphere is unbreathable when in fact it's 0.003% oxygen.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Biggs said:

Been a Jets fan for 55 years.  I hate them less than I should.  You seem like a nice optimistic person.  Get out now.  This doesn’t end well.  

Damn it I already tried twice.  I’m doing mock drafts like crazy and can’t get the irrational part of myself to not think it can be better in 2 years.  

14 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I want the JETS to succeed.

Youre just here for Zach and like the Darnold USC fans, you’ll be gone when Zach is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Good QBs can throw receivers open on occasion.  
Bad QBs often hold the ball forever waiting for a guy to get open. 

QBs never magically “throw a guy open” it’s basically the WRs job to beat his man….this is another excuse to exaggerate the QB position. Now that being said, a QB can put the ball where only his WR can get it. It’s up to WR to make a play. This throw a guy open cliche holds no water and it diminishes the importance the WR position

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Damn it I already tried twice.  I’m doing mock drafts like crazy and can’t get the irrational part of myself to not think it can be better in 2 years.  

All people are inconsistent now and then. You elevate it to an artform.

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yes and the OL was swiss cheese dog sh*t, but Zach was the REAL reason they lost.

It looks like he had a decent start but then got Shut down. Did you see any improvement in the mental side or was it more of the same ?