****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

playtowinthegame

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I want the JETS to succeed.

Youre just here for Zach and like the Darnold USC fans, you’ll be gone when Zach is.

Excuse me Mr. Warfish, sir. Is that a sheepshead in your avatar?

it’s the blackfish of Florida. Love them.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Go on, how am I inconsistent.   I’ve never seen someone misquote and characterize others more, so this should be be good.  

You admit your hope is irrational yet you call people who don't have the same level of hope "trolls."

18 minutes ago, BP said:

I’m sorry but I hate this take. It makes losing acceptable, which it never should be. The Jets collapsed in the second half and had no answers.

Oh, totally agreed, and I am very disappointed they lost.

I feel that a lot of people complaining were riding the: "I'm ok if we lose, but we at least need to compete". The comment was directed more towards that.

The team should have done better in the 2nd half, without question. Both games against Miami, it wasn't about Miami winning, it was about the Jets losing the game.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jgb said:

You admit your hope is irrational yet you call people who don't have the same level of hope "trolls."

No you are playing it as a fact.  it’s not.  No matter who was picked was mostly likely going to bust. 

You took the highest odds side ever and dance around like DWC if Yeboah wouldn’t have been dog sh*t.   At least DWC picked causes that would have been impressive.  

is there a non NBA pro forum?  You are probably dunking on everyone about the Generals cause you need another win.  

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

No you are playing it as a fact.  it’s not.  No matter who was picked was mostly likely going to bust. 

You took the highest odds side ever and dance around like DWC if Yeboah wouldn’t have been dog sh*t.   At least DWC picked causes that would have been impressive.  

is there a non NBA pro forum?  You are probably dunking on everyone about the Generals cause you need another win.  

Nothing that hasn't happened yet is a "fact" -- even the sun could get consumed by a rogue black hole and not rise tomorrow -- but the odds are extremely poor that you are right.

Zach was ehh today. At least he made the easy throws.

One thing that's really bad is, whenever there is pressure, he automatically runs backwards - instead of potentially shifting/stepping up in the pocket. Me thinks he's been shell shocked by the early play of the Oline during the 1st quarter of the season. 

• Upvote 3

I was doing something today and looked at the time and noticed it was 1:05 and turned the Jets on. Lol they didn’t disappoint.

The positives? I didn’t go to MetLife and spend $200.00 and blow my whole day being miserable.

The negatives? Lol too many to post. 

Disclaimer: for the life of me, you poor bastards that pay to see this sh*t live lol god bless you guys, but when are you going to lose your patience? This is the longest drought of incompetence in my life watching the Jets and the game xp has never been more expensive.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, BP said:

I was doing something today and looked at the time and noticed it was 1:05 and turned the Jets on. Lol they didn’t disappoint.

The positives? I didn’t go to MetLife and spend $200.00 and blow my whole day being miserable.

The negatives? Lol too many to post. 

Disclaimer: for the life of me, you poor bastards that pay to see this sh*t live lol god bless you guys, but when are you going to lose your patience? This is the longest drought of incompetence in my life watching the Jets and the game xp has never been more expensive.

I was told that Zach is great. That means we just need to replace everything else about this team. Easy fix!

7 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Zach was pretty good. Good decisions,  quick with his reads,  pulled the ball down, ran, took some sacks. Accurate.  Second half there was a free rusher on every play, EVERY PLAY! Defense could not stop the run. Offensive line was bad. 

Do you think the oline was bad because Fant was missing? Because the 'Phins are just good at bringing pressure? A combination of both? Something else?

6 minutes ago, Barton said:

One thing that's really bad is, whenever there is pressure, he automatically runs backwards - instead of potentially shifting/stepping up in the pocket. Me thinks he's been shell shocked by the early play of the Oline during the 1st quarter of the season. 

It would help if there were receivers who would break off routes and flow that way.  

7 minutes ago, Barton said:

Exactly. This is all I was looking for. 

But you have the toolbags saying “I thought Zach was supposed to be great” then reveling in an ok outing. Pretty sure they are disappointed he didn’t throw a killer INT or skip pass to a wide open receiver 8 yards away. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

@Hal N of Provo Oh, did you call jgb a troll as well? I told him he was trolling and he wouldn't respond to any of my posts. Then he offered some me Spaghettios... 

37 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You can’t even admit Zach is elusive.  You say he does nothing right.   I don’t buy it.  Pure hater.  

edit: I’m not Nicco but that Sock on the game thread was you, right? 

I like that sock

3 minutes ago, xJayce said:

@Hal N of Provo Oh, did you call jgb a troll as well? I told him he was trolling and he wouldn't respond to any of my posts. Then he offered some me Spaghettios... 

I think we are both at that time when the next thing get ignored anyway.   Only so far we can take our stupid internet arguments lol.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I think we are both at that time when the next thing get ignored anyway.   Only so far we can take our stupid internet arguments lol.  

Good point. :) It is the internet, not much to be expected.

I keep on hoping for more though... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Below average but an NFL coach who has at least worked with both experienced a young QBs.  Saleh was hired to be a leader of men.  He’s not even pretending he’s a coach.  

I agree about Salah. He's all BS talk and his players either know it already or soon will. But not to worry - he has a plan.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tfine said:

QBs never magically “throw a guy open” it’s basically the WRs job to beat his man….this is another excuse to exaggerate the QB position. Now that being said, a QB can put the ball where only his WR can get it. It’s up to WR to make a play. This throw a guy open cliche holds no water and it diminishes the importance the WR position

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Clearly you’ve never seen a well-executed back shoulder throw.

But sure tell me more about how football works and what things do or do not exist.

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You deny silencing posters but its what you try to do nonstop. 

Posters that are critical of Zach are not trying to silence anyone. I am pro Jets and not pro Zach. The deal is done - he's the #2 OA pick and the Jets have to give him next year so that they can decide whether to move on or not. All else doesn't matter. I don't care about the other players development, QB question must be answered first. 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

You're using one of the biggest outliers in the history of the NFL to make your point?

Just one of numerous examples where a QB took a potentially bad situation and made it good.

How about Matthew Stafford’s entire career with a terrible Detroit franchise?  That one pass the mustard?

And outliers don’t actually exist, btw.  @jgb  Some QBs are special and some are just left with a laundry list of excuses for why they fail.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Yes because Kennan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Eikler we’re not good until Justin Herbert came and took them to football immortality.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They certainly weren’t doing much im the twilight of Rivers’ career, or under Tyrod Taylor.  In fact Mike Williams looked like a bust his first 4 years in the league until Herbert came along.

But sure, chalk up Herbert’s success and Wilson’s “meh” play (at his best) to circumstances.  History will surely end up looking kindly on that perspective.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just one of numerous examples where a QB took a potentially bad situation and made it good.

How about Matthew Stafford’s entire career with a terrible Detroit franchise?  That one pass the mustard?

And outliers don’t actually exist, btw.  @jgb  Some QBs are special and some are just left with a laundry list of excuses for why they fail.

I'm totally good with never mentioning Herbert again in the context of Zach if his defenders never bring up Josh Allen. That leaves us with 100 other examples and them with 0 in the non-leather-helmet era.

• Upvote 2