I can't remember a more pathetic defense. These guys can't stop anybody

TMAC

Nah we want draft picks not meaningless wins.  What I see are play after play where a guy is there to make the tackle and doesn't or misses and that's when the big play happens.  That tells me the scheme is good the players need to upgrade.  Make the tackles and this D is amazing.  Draft and FA, another year in the system.  Solid steps being taken.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Just feels like the front 7 is always out of position. There’s always a lane open in the running game. When they manage to penetrate the RB goes right by them. No one ever makes a stop at the line or even slows the runner down. Hard to believe it’s talent when we had a pretty decent run D last year with the same players. They need to start grilling Ulbrich.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Just feels like the front 7 is always out of position. There’s always a lane open in the running game. When they manage penetrate the RB goes right by them. No one ever makes a stop at the line or even slows the runner down. Hard to believe it’s talent when we had a pretty decent run D last year with the same players. They need to start grilling Ulbrich.

It’s the LB. ours are very bad. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, freestater said:

Lafleur is the only coach worth retaining. This vrap is embarrassing 

Things were not going well early so LaFleur said as much said he had to make adjustments and did so and Qb play aside the offense plan and play calling looks much better. 

Meanwhile the ills of this D have been the same all year and there has been ZERO adjustments or good looking game planning, just stupid and stubborn and blaming it on young players.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I have no problem losing like this. Young players looking pretty decent on offense. Haven't spent any assets on defense the last 2 years. 

We spent assets on D for 10 years and even last year the when back half of the draft was on D,  they also spent heavily in D in free agency.

Our D stinks as much because of awful scheme as players.  We have had suspect players before this year and never looked thus awful game in and game out.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Robert Saleh has to do better.  This is disgraceful.  

A horrendously atrocious, dog crap excuse of the defense is something the Jets fans have never seen before. This is part of an actual plan. I never will buy into that BS he told the media.  He is just out of any other excuse. This is inexcusable.

• Upvote 4

LBs yeah they are bad but having an all world dline is supposed to make it so they cant get to your lbs all the time.

Dline is by far the biggest disappointment on this team.  it's not even close.   And I am not going to put it all on them either as the scheme is terribad.  When your dline has these ginormous 2 yard splits between each player it is easy to  make half a block and get a great running lane.

• Post of the Week 1

Our front 7 seem to be on completely different pages.  Our DL tries to penetrate up field a lot.  They did today a lot.  The LBs should be running downhill to fill those gaps but they don’t.  They try to catch blockers and make tackles 4 yards past the LOS.

Our LBs are just atrocious unfortunately.  

• Upvote 1