Jets path to #1 overall pick

WhartonJet

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

To who?  This is, obviously, the year the Jets would get the #1 overall pick.  When the value of it is extremely low.  Not a QB to be found, and #1 and #2 both play the same position.

Good point.  They are probably in a better spot to trade down at 4 than if  they did get #1 overall.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

I can’t keep rooting to lose, because we suck so hard.

Were not showing any sign of getting better, so what use does getting no.1 mean if we literally are still going to suck.

This side needed to get to 5/6 wins this year and show signs of improvement. 

Zach looked good when he had a few milliseconds to throw. Tough for team to look better when your top receivers are out, you're down to your third string left tackle, linebackers stink, etc. I thought Zach played well given the circumstances and the, you know, running for his life thing. He moved really well in the pocket a bunch of times. Hard not to see improvement from last week all around. If we get Elijah back for one more game, Fant, Becton - that will help. MC1 ran the ball well and our corners played pretty well today. This team will come together quickly next year with Lawson, our top draft picks and other injured players back. This division will be wide open next year - no-one is any good.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Good point.  They are probably in a better spot to trade down at 4 than if  they did get #1 overall.

Agreed.  And at that point, we probably should.  Need to be positioned to get a QB in the 2023 draft.  And, if things change, you’re in a good spot to build the roster.

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Zach looked good when he had a few milliseconds to throw. Tough for team to look better when your top receivers are out, you're down to your third string left tackle, linebackers stink, etc. I thought Zach played well given the circumstances and the, you know, running for his life thing. He moved really well in the pocket a bunch of times. Hard not to see improvement from last week all around. If we get Elijah back for one more game, Fant, Becton - that will help. MC1 ran the ball well and our corners played pretty well today. This team will come together quickly next year with Lawson, our top draft picks and other injured players back. This division will be wide open next year - no-one is any good.

God I pray you are correct. Cause right now this kid looks like a bust. I’m hoping he comes back next season looking like a completely different QB 

1 minute ago, KINGDIRK said:

God I pray you are correct. Cause right now this kid looks like a bust. I’m hoping he comes back next season looking like a completely different QB 

You weren't watching the same game as I was. Zach looked really good today to me. What do you expect him to do when he was running for his life. When he had time he was mostly right on target. Third string left tackle was awful, guys that were supposed to block in the backfield took off to run a route, etc. It's a team game. No-one at receiver can get open that is playing now. We are severely mismatched at receiver. Not Zach's fault. He's dying to throw the ball downfield and just can't because no-one is running free - ever or he's weaving through 3 Dlinemen. How many drops again when he hit guys in the chest? You can quote me on this in a few years, but this may be our best draft since our 4 first rounders - but even better than that I think. Zach, AVT, Moore and Carter will be studs - every one of them.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

?

The hilarity of this. The Jets win meaningless games late in the season every god damn year. That's really brought that winning culture lol.

Imagine thinking a victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars will be better for the long term prospects of the Jets than a Garrett or Bosa type talent. There's no way even you believe this sh*t.

Getting better players makes you better. 

yep, just ask the Giants if they regret beating Wash and losing Chase Young.

8 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

1) Jets find a way to lose this game and then lose the last 3 to Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Buffalo.

2) Houston hangs on to beat the Jaguars today.

3) Lions hang on to beat the Cardinals today and find a way to win 1 more game before the end of the year.

All of these scenarios are plausible.  Hard not to root for this and Kayvon Thibodeaux

Would this guarantee #1 OA?  Wouldn't we be tied with both Jax and Houston?

8 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

It would be totally Jetsey to get the number 1 pick in a year with no great QBs.

Last time that happened we took Keyshawn.

Eh. Would be Jetsy if we needed a QB and there was none.
But we need a pass rusher and guess what, there’s two really good ones. So I’m not too upset. 

And if there was a top QB, we’d prob be putting ourself in a Arizona situation. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

I’ve been a proponent of tanking for years. But I can’t, I just can’t. I hope Wilson goes nuts and throws for 300 per game and jets win out.

Tanking is palatable when you need a QB and you take a dive to get one (Pats last year) but when it becomes an annual tradition, it's hard to see the upside.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Eh. Would be Jetsy if we needed a QB and there was none.
But we need a pass rusher and guess what, there’s two really good ones. So I’m not too upset. 

And if there was a top QB, we’d prob be putting ourself in a Arizona situation. 

Whether we kept the pick and took a QB or traded back and accumulated more picks, it would still be a good problem to have.

10 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

It would be totally Jetsey to get the number 1 pick in a year with no great QBs.

Last time that happened we took Keyshawn.

We picked #1 overall back-to-back years and Peyton decided to stay in school both times.  And there were no QB’s taken in the 1st round in either of those drafts. (Though we did trade down and miss HOF OL Orlando Pace)

23 hours ago, ZachEY said:

To who?  This is, obviously, the year the Jets would get the #1 overall pick.  When the value of it is extremely low.  Not a QB to be found, and #1 and #2 both play the same position.

This draft if we trade down we can probably recoup that 6th rounder we traded to acquire Joe Flacco. 

What we need is wins under Zach Wilson so that the team has confidence that this kid can do what Joe Namath did 50+ years ago.  The number one pick is very seductive but why would you believe that we would get it right.  Even if we picked the consensus top player in the draft by every credible authority, he would probably be a bust, or if he was any good would get injured.  Tired of wishing and hoping that draft picks and free agency acquisitions will be the cure all.  Win games!
He can play fantastic the rest of the way and the defense will still let every undrafted, one legged, covid, crippled patient with buttery hands run for 150 yards per game the rest of the way to ensure a loss each and every week.

Zack can't stop a runner from getting a first down.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, WhartonJet said:

1) Jets find a way to lose this game and then lose the last 3 to Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Buffalo.

2) Houston hangs on to beat the Jaguars today.

3) Lions hang on to beat the Cardinals today and find a way to win 1 more game before the end of the year.

All of these scenarios are plausible.  Hard not to root for this and Kayvon Thibodeaux

CraBest Crossing Guard GIFs | Gfycat

Crap Wilson will guide the way.

On 12/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A win is never a disaster. Losers root for losses. Losers are mad when their team wins. 

Like the year the Jets got a meaningless late season win over the Dolphins to finish at 4-12 (tied with the 4-12 Giants).  The Giants won the tie-breaker and took Lawrence Taylor (and won 2 Superbowls) while we drafted Freeman McNeil.  

Thankfully the Jets won that one!  Only a "loser" wouldn't have wanted the Jets to beat the Dolphins that day.  We sure showed them!  And we also showed them 2 years later in the AFC CG (AJ Duhe game).  Glad we didn't have LT for that one!

image.png.d96d24ba50a910d53b38d5a454ed7b40.png

image.thumb.png.22ec57a2d29f53bb365741109477c85f.png

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Like the year the Jets got a meaningless late season win over the Dolphins to finish at 4-12 (tied with the 4-12 Giants).  The Giants won the tie-breaker and took Lawrence Taylor (and won 2 Superbowls) while we drafted Freeman McNeil.  

Thankfully the Jets won that one!  Only a "loser" wouldn't have wanted the Jets to beat the Dolphins that day.  We sure showed them!  And we also showed them 2 years later in the AFC CG (AJ Duhe game).  Glad we didn't have LT for that one!

image.png.d96d24ba50a910d53b38d5a454ed7b40.png

image.thumb.png.22ec57a2d29f53bb365741109477c85f.png

Like I said, a win is never a disaster. 

On 12/20/2021 at 3:11 AM, ZachEY said:

Lot can change between now and the draft, but it would be very Jetsy, so it is likely!