Jump to content

Jets Must Lose To Jacksonville!


DoubleDecker
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No way bro. It matters. I rooted every week for wins and anything positive. Whats the difference if we go 4-13 or 3-14? I want an impact edge rusher that we haven't had in decades. 1 meaningless win in a lost season could ruin that chance. I don't want to watch this sh*t anymore. I want an impact player for once. 

We can find the players we need with some real scouting, we dont need the #1 pick to find guys to help this team

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

We can find the players we need with some real scouting, we dont need the #1 pick to find guys to help this team

Do we have real scouting? Top 3 pick we get a play making edge rusher that we desperately need on this pathetic defense. 4th or lower and we probably don't. 4-13 or 3-14 means sh*t to me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I think when all is said and done it’ll be same two teams that will end up with the first two picks. Jax with the top pick followed by the Jets.

We should get the 1st pick because we are the worst team in the league but we already beat Houston so we lose that tie breaker and I don't trust either Houston or Detroit to win another game. Losing to Jax secures a top 3 pick because we are not beating Buffalo or Tampa. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

We should get the 1st pick because we are the worst team in the league but we already beat Houston so we lose that tie breaker and I don't trust either Houston or Detroit to win another game. Losing to Jax secures a top 3 pick because we are not beating Buffalo or Tampa. 

Head to head isnt the tie breaker, strength of schedule is. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And enough with draft position. This team has had tons of opportunities to pick in the top 5-10 and look at how bad they still are.  Just win some fckin football games already.  Why get another top pick?  So half the board can complain about how big of a bust he is and how JD stinks next year?  just win!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Yeah, let's build a losing culture. Damn neutered, emancipated SOJF!

I’m sure a win over Jacksonville followed up by getting curb stomped by Brady and Buffalo will really create that winning culture lmao

How bout we land one of these elite pass rushers instead and hopefully get our defense on the right track 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea of this to me is silly. If we win a few games it could just as easily bring us out of a position where we get the can't miss guy and have to take someone else but it can always go the other way and be a blessing in disguise where the guy we get ends up being better anyway. No point in crying for losses we will get a good prospect either way and we will still need more than that one prospect to play good for our team to not be a joke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I just looked it up and it said head to head is number 1 tie breaker. 

  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

 

Yes but you're interpreting it incorrectly. Its head to head records, not head to head matchup. 

Head to head matchup is a tie breaker that's way down the road after several determining factors, 

This is directly from the NFL operations website. 

346704194_Screenshot_20211219-201914_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a6c3115404eddd91ea179199b8fc1d62.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes but you're interpreting it incorrectly. Its head to head records, not head to head matchup. 

Head to head matchup is a tie breaker that's way down the road after several determining factors, 

This is directly from the NFL operations website. 

346704194_Screenshot_20211219-201914_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a6c3115404eddd91ea179199b8fc1d62.jpg

Yes, I know. I realized that and edited my post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m sure a win over Jacksonville followed up by getting curb stomped by Brady and Buffalo will really create that winning culture lmao

How bout we land one of these elite pass rushers instead and hopefully get our defense on the right track 

Long term it's more important for our rookie quarterback and head coach in place for the distance future to start to win games rather than flipping the coin on a player that may or may not be good at a position other than quarterback. Short term, its more important to beat the Jags and Trevor Lawrence for Zach to not have to hear the assine fans and media afterwards. Last year was the year to tank with a lame duck HC and a QB that we were not going foward with. This year is different than last. There are 5-6 edge rushers that we will have a shot at between rounds 1 and 2. Even if we are at 4 we will most likely have an opportunity for Karlaftis who could be better better (or not) than Thibedoux and Hutchinson. We could even trade down ans take some top edge rush talent in the second round. 

Beat the Jags

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The same guys saying not to worry about draft position are going to be crying next year if they are watching Hutchinson or Thibodeaux on some other team. Don't worry though, you will have that victory against Jacksonville to hang on to. 

We should just lose every game for 5 years and then stop tanking to get a lombardi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Long term it's more important for our rookie quarterback and head coach in place for the distance future to start to win games rather than flipping the coin on a player that may or may not be good at a position other than quarterback. Short term, its more important to beat the Jags and Trevor Lawrence for Zach to not have to hear the assine fans and media afterwards. Last year was the year to tank with a lame duck HC and a QB that we were not going foward with. This year is different than last. There are 5-6 edge rushers that we will have a shot at between rounds 1 and 2. Even if we are at 4 we will most likely have an opportunity for Karlaftis who could be better better (or not) than Thibedoux and Hutchinson. We could even trade down ans take some top edge rush talent in the second round. 

Even beating the Jags we could possibly walk away with Hamilton, Karlaftis and Kinglsey Enagbare.

Two top edge rushers and a genrational safety plus Lawton coming back

I'd sign up for that now 

Beat the Jags

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If they had only won a couple more games last year they may have gotten stuck with Mac Jones.

Thankfully they did not. Mac Jones will be meh compared to Zach when their careers are complete. Bellcheck and McDaniels won't be around to shield him much longer. McDaniels could grab a head coaching job this offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:


lol

what are the future implications of the game? Am I missing something?

The Jets are at the top of the draft all the time. Whether they pick first, second, fifth, 10th, it has never really mattered. They’re still at the bottom of the division. 

At the family Christmas party tonight, my sister asked me why the jets always have high draft picks but never go anywhere. I told her ownership doesn’t set an expectation of winning. 
 

the culture needs to change. Every win matters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Thankfully they did not. Mac Jones will be meh compared to Zach when their careers are complete.

I really hope you're right.

 

18 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Bellcheck and McDaniels won't be around to shield him much longer. McDaniels could grab a head coaching job this offseason.

Possible.  I think McDaniels wants to take over for Belichick.... but I'm guessing he won't wait forever.  We all know how much BB wants to say F U to everyone in the league so if he thinks he can win a Super Bowl in the next couple years with Mac he'll stick around.  I think his internal, maddening desire to do that was only amp'ed up when Brady won a SB without him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Yes but you're interpreting it incorrectly. Its head to head records, not head to head matchup. 

Head to head matchup is a tie breaker that's way down the road after several determining factors, 

This is directly from the NFL operations website. 

346704194_Screenshot_20211219-201914_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a6c3115404eddd91ea179199b8fc1d62.jpg

 

It will never happen but I would absolutely love to see a coin flip required to break a tie at the top of the Draft.  How epic would that be especially if there was a "generational" QB at the top?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Thankfully they did not. Mac Jones will be meh compared to Zach when their careers are complete. Bellcheck and McDaniels won't be around to shield him much longer. McDaniels could grab a head coaching job this offseason.

If Mac Jones were the Jets QB this year we wouldn’t need this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

We should just lose every game for 5 years and then stop tanking to get a lombardi

Nope just this year. 4-13 or 3-14 doesn't really matter. They still suck big time with an all time horrible defense and a win against crappy Jacksonville won't mean sh*t except to lost a top edge guy which this team hasn't had in forever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rtnelson said:

If you actively cheer for the Jets to lose to Jacksonville, you don't deserve to root for a winning team.

No true JET fan roots for the team to lose. There's a difference is knowing the implications of picking #1, and not. If this draft is nowhere near filled with the talent of last years draft, and picks in the middle to late 1st round would have been 2 round players in years past, then we'll need to be the #1 pick if we want Adian Hutchinson. It's just that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

 

It will never happen but I would absolutely love to see a coin flip required to break a tie at the top of the Draft.  How epic would that be especially if there was a "generational" QB at the top?  

Not epic at all if we lost the coin toss (we would)

But jesus, ESPN would have an entire special built around it.

"The Flip"

Woody interviewed in a director's chair... "I'm taking our talents to the second pick" 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...