Every Throw From Zach Wilson - Week 15 vs Dolphins

bla bla bla

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Examples of him rattled.  Easily.  

WTF did he do wrong other than not have a WR open or his OL block worth a damn, especially from the LT

Probably would have been the most ridiculous idea ever to sit him in the 2nd half, to blame him for the way the fish D was manhandling our players

Agreed 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, undertow said:

He was accurate and poised in the first half but as soon as there was pressure he fell apart.  He gets rattled very easily.  Probably would have been a good idea to sit him till there's a better cast around him...too late for that now.

Better the surrounding cast, the greater the pressure to perform...

A conundrum for sure...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Statue Joe Flacco was only sacked 2x by this defense.

I get the LT excuse but a couple of those sacks looked preventable.

Solid 1st half all the same.  But he needed to step up in the pocket more in that 2nd half.  And yes, plenty of those clips had a pocket to step into.  

Yea, the later ones were preventable, after Zach was dropped 3 times. He's a rhythm QB, and that might be what does him in but that destroyed his rhythm

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Examples of him rattled.  Easily.  Other than he couldn't complete passes while on his back, fill us in.

WTF did he do wrong other than not have a WR open or his OL block worth a damn, especially from the LT

Probably would have been the most ridiculous idea ever to sit him in the 2nd half, to blame him for the way the fish D was manhandling our players

Did like that the video opens with Gumble claiming that this would be ZWs first game back from the knee though

I don’t know if Zach should be blamed for the offense stalling out. He should however have shown more in terms of stretching the field and pressuring CBs. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Examples of him rattled.  Easily.  Other than he couldn't complete passes while on his back, fill us in.

Did like that the video opens with Gumble claiming that this would be ZWs first game back from the knee though

First off I said sit him at the start of the season not at half, Second he became inaccurate in the second half and started missing swing passes high again.  Some of you guys get so emotional. lol

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, undertow said:

He was accurate and poised in the first half but as soon as there was pressure he fell apart.  He gets rattled very easily.  Probably would have been a good idea to sit him till there's a better cast around him...too late for that now.

It’s not too late. We aren’t helping him. Zach should sit until coaching gets a clue and the players around him are better.

• Upvote 2

Just now, OilfieldJet said:

It’s not too late. We aren’t helping him. Zach should sit until coaching gets a clue and the players around him are better.

I said this halfway through the season, it's sit or start the whole way through. Sitting him in garbage time is that last thing that he needs. If he needed to sit (Which I think he did), they should have sat him at the start of the season or when he got hurt, and kept through the whole way. Switching back and forth is not effective though.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

I said this halfway through the season, it's sit or start the whole way through. Sitting him in garbage time is that last thing that he needs. If he needed to sit (Which I think he did), they should have sat him at the start of the season or when he got hurt, and kept through the whole way. Switching back and forth is not effective though.

Plus it creates media and fan controversy.  People are very emotional these days. Like you said once you start him at the beginning of the season that's pretty much it.  When I suggested it when he got hurt people lost their sh*t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t know if Zach should be blamed for the offense stalling out. He should however have shown more in terms of stretching the field and pressuring CBs. 

Hard to do when your WRs are Crowder, Barrios and Cole.  When Mims played he was useless and just taking up a spot on the field, sucks but thats what he had today

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He didnt become inaccurate in the 2nd half, youre just throwing cliches out there.  He wasnt missing passes high.  Unless youre counting the passes he threw into the stands while being chased out of the pocket.  Throwing two high passes in the 2nd, one to Carter the other that Mims could have caught and went off his hands isnt a case of "becoming inaccurate".   Dont know how youre so confused.  

He misses a foot high on two consecutive 5 yard passes on the final drive....it's literally on the video posted.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, undertow said:

He misses a foot high on two consecutive 5 yard passes on the final drive....it's literally on the video posted.

Wasnt the final drive and they were the only two passes that were high.  Thats not inaccurate, thats football.  One was to Carter that he missed the other to Mims, clanked off of his hands, could have been caught and not just a 5 yards pass, was a 15 yard pass.  I added both to my post.  

Thats all you got, thats him being easily rattled in the 2nd half?  LOL

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 5.56.43 PM.png

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kinda boring honestly 

Initial review from PFF has him with 0 turnover worthy plays and 0 big time throws. So, I think they'll agree with you that it was pretty boring.

His accuracy looks pretty good. So, I think this was a step in the direction. He only had 3 or 4 poorly throw balls, which is ok. The top QBs miss a couple of throws a game.

It be nice to have this type of game be his baseline. Like, Zach, try to be at least this good. We obviously need him to be better.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Wasnt the final drive and they were the only two passes that were high.  Thats not inaccurate, thats football.  One was to Carter that he missed the other to Mims, clanked off of his hands, could have been caught.  I added both to my post.  

Thats all you got, thats him being easily rattled in the 2nd half?  LOL

"that's not inaccurate that's football"  gtfo dude go bother someone else with the nonsense.

• Haha 1

I was worried Zach was going to have a disaster performance against the Dolphins heavy blitz defense. He had zero turnover worthy plays. That's a positive. 

He was much better today on the routine throws that you have to make. That's another positive. 

He needs to put it together for a complete game. Hopefully that will come in time. 

I know the Jets are missing Davis and Moore but I really want to see more "splash plays" from Zach Wilson. He's got incredible arm talent. The throw to Griffin on the botched (kinda) flea flicker was nice. But I really want to see him push the ball down the field more. Obviously guys like Cole and Mims need to win matchups for that to happen though. 

• Upvote 3